Word on the Street: CCM celebrate golden anniversary with two new models

Anything you like about motorbikes
weeksy
Site Admin

Word on the Street: CCM celebrate golden anniversary with two new models

Post by weeksy »

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new ... cker-moto/

CCM have produced two new bikes based on their Spitfire platform as they celebrate 50 years in business. The family-owned firm have been going from strength to strength since the Spitfire range was released four years ago.

Not only have their bikes found their way to Hollywood, including starring roles in Black Widow and the new Mark Wahlberg action move Infinite, but the Spitfire range has pushed the Bolton operation to their busiest sales period in their 50-year history.

To honour this monumental growth, CCM have announced two new ‘Street’ bikes: a Street Tracker and a Street Moto. Both machines share the same core ingredients that have made the Spitfire series such a favourite – including the familiar 600cc single that produces 55bhp and 43lb.ft of torque and sits inside CCM’s trademark hand-finished frame.

That 55bhp figure might not sound like much in today’s power-focused world but the series are very lightweight, with the Street models expected to tip the scales at no more than 150kg.

They also share the same gorgeous finishing details including blacked-out components, mid-position scrambler bars, new radiator cowl with carbon infills, semi-perforated double ribbed saddle, radiator guard as standard, number boards and the option to choose from four different colours.

The key differences between the two models are the wheel sizes with the Tracker shipping on 19in wheels with road-legal Maxxis flattrack tyres while the Moto comes with 17in wheels and Avon 3D Ultra tyres.

The duo are being released at the Goodwood Festival of Speed where the bikes will get their first taste of action when 12-time world trials champion Dougie Lampkin does his best to wheelie one all the way up the hill.

CCM have also created a one-off special edition version for Red Bull, with a monochrome Red Bull livery, which will be on display on their Festival stand.

Both bikes are available to order now, priced at £10,995 OTR. Much like the rest of the Spitfire range, CCM will also offer suspension and brake upgrades for those with particularly deep wallets.
KungFooBob

Re: Word on the Street: CCM celebrate golden anniversary with two new models

Post by KungFooBob »

I really really like that.

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Good to see a Brit company doing well. The Spitfire certainly has been the making of them. I'd like to have a look round one and see what the build quality is like on them now, especially with those OTR prices. A nice looking bike overall, but I'm not quite sure about the rear shock set up...
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

That is gorgeous, I can’t work out what the black component is above the swingarm pivot, alternator maybe?

Exactly the sort of bike that would suit me.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I think they have a Harley style side mounted number plate and light assembly? But it's crying out to have a number plate perfectly shaped to fit on the back of the seat unit!

I could certainly live with one in this colour!

Last edited by Taipan on Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Potter

Post by Potter »

I quite like those as well, no good for here but well suited to where I live in the UK, I could have a lot of fun up on t'moors on one of those.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

The grey one looks nice, but they're too much money for what they are, and I really wouldn't want another bike with the old Husqvarna engine.
Honda Owner
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Gregor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:26 am That is gorgeous, I can’t work out what the black component is above the swingarm pivot, alternator maybe?

Exactly the sort of bike that would suit me.
It's not on evry model of Spitfire, so I assume it's not an essential component, I'm guessing it's a tool/sandwich box.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:12 am Good to see a Brit company doing well. The Spitfire certainly has been the making of them. I'd like to have a look round one and see what the build quality is like on them now, especially with those OTR prices. A nice looking bike overall, but I'm not quite sure about the rear shock set up...
Saw one in Framlingham last week, it was nice but the back of the engine/shock etc was covered in what looked like an oil leak. I couldn't work out where it was coming from. Nice bike but silly money for what it is.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Supermofo wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:29 pm
Taipan wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:12 am Good to see a Brit company doing well. The Spitfire certainly has been the making of them. I'd like to have a look round one and see what the build quality is like on them now, especially with those OTR prices. A nice looking bike overall, but I'm not quite sure about the rear shock set up...
Saw one in Framlingham last week, it was nice but the back of the engine/shock etc was covered in what looked like an oil leak. I couldn't work out where it was coming from. Nice bike but silly money for what it is.
Probably the rear engine breather, on my Husky it was connected to the airbox but used to come off regularly.

And you could have popped in for a cup of tea on your way to Fram.
Honda Owner
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:36 pm
:thumbup: Next time I will if I'm on me tod. I had the family with me this time and I wouldn't want to inflict that on you :D

Did think of dropping you a message when I went to Southwold on the bike as I went through Stowmarket (that's where you are isn't it? ) but left everything late as usual. Hoping to go again soon though. Nice roads that way.
Skub

Post by Skub »

They would be a lot nicer if they were a lot cheaper.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

£11k for a hand made British motorcycle.

What else can you buy for the money... a W800 is £8.5k, a Z900RS is about the same as the Spitfire @ £10,949

£11k isn't that much for a brand new bike these days, specially something not mass produced.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Supermofo wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:43 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:36 pm
:thumbup: Next time I will if I'm on me tod. I had the family with me this time and I wouldn't want to inflict that on you :D

Did think of dropping you a message when I went to Southwold on the bike as I went through Stowmarket (that's where you are isn't it? ) but left everything late as usual. Hoping to go again soon though. Nice roads that way.
I'm not a Stowmartian (though I went to high school there) I've moved to the big town, Ipswich (sort of), I live round the corner from the Triumph dealers.
Honda Owner
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

You lot are throwing the phrase ' hand built' like a badge of honour!
Hand built means no uniformity, did the lad finish off the welding, Friday afternoon bikes, mish mash builds, and most importantly, it's got one of the worlds worst engines fitted to it to boot!
I wonder if whoever supplied those motors made them pay up front?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

2 grand for forks and wheels.
Same for engine.
500 for simple tube frame.

Lots of profit.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Demannu wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:55 pm Hand built means no uniformity, did the lad finish off the welding, Friday afternoon bikes, mish mash builds
Could be worse.
There have been 356 recalls for mainstream vehicle manufacturers issued over the past 18 months for the EU alone.
And that's proper shit's gonna get real if it goes wrong recalls, and dosen't include service bulletins etc etc.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:21 pm
Demannu wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:55 pm Hand built means no uniformity, did the lad finish off the welding, Friday afternoon bikes, mish mash builds
Could be worse.
There have been 356 recalls for mainstream vehicle manufacturers issued over the past 18 months for the EU alone.
And that's proper shit's gonna get real if it goes wrong recalls, and dosen't include service bulletins etc etc.
I think you'll find that about 250 were for the hand built Norton V4 :banana-wrench:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:21 pm
Could be worse.
Buell was the only manufacturer to recall every bike they ever built, often more than once.