Do you have any biking aspirations left to tick off ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
rodbargee

Re: Do you have any biking aspirations left to tick off ?

Post by rodbargee »

r1flyguy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:58 pm
rodbargee wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:49 pm would also redo the N260 pyranees road from Pamplona to Perpignononly

One of my favourites, especially the section from Sort to Adrall
Image this is where we overnighted
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

We stayed in Biescas, Huesca before heading onto Andorra, You may have taken the same route initially along the N240 to Jaca past the stunning blue lake

ImageEmbalse De Yesa N240 by Gary ORourke, on Flickr
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

I vaguely remember there was little to no water in it when we got there.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

To actually finish a project bike
Honda Owner
Deadpool2

Post by Deadpool2 »

Off road school or an adventure ride on those courses in Wales
Nick Sanders in Wales as it looks amazing, (but more for the food tbh)
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

rodbargee wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:49 pm scraping the chrome off the bloody thing like a lawnmower with a big hinge in the middle.
I'm assuming you kept that review to yourself until you were well this side of the Atlantic..... ;)
non quod, sed quomodo
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Rockburner wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:23 am
rodbargee wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:49 pm scraping the chrome off the bloody thing like a lawnmower with a big hinge in the middle.
I'm assuming you kept that review to yourself until you were well this side of the Atlantic..... ;)
Named and shamed this side of the pond on revcounter :D 2008 as I recall
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:51 am The only issue with Spa is the possibility of inclement weather... the track though is 100% as good as you hope it would be.
A few of us rode there for the RG500 Anniversary meeting. Loads of fantastic bikes with amazing racing pedigrees there. But it pissed down, so much so that never saw or heard an RG on track. A few races took place with half a dozen or so bikes in each, mainly because the rivers running across the track. Plus they had closed access to most of the circuit perimeter for the public, so we could only view from either side of the main centre. Still a fantastic day though.Love to go back when it is dry.

Reading through this thread I realised how many
of the trips, events and bike sports I have done over the years. And bloody grateful that i have been able too.

Never forget to count yourblessings.
Dickyboy

Post by Dickyboy »

Would love to take the GS to Norway and some more rides with mates across Europe would be great but I think those days are well and truly over for me.
Got a hill climb on my dad's old brough in Sept (I've never ridden it before) and 2022 Manx gp booked with a couple of mates to look forward to so far.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Whysub wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:19 am
weeksy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:51 am The only issue with Spa is the possibility of inclement weather... the track though is 100% as good as you hope it would be.

Reading through this thread I realised how many
of the trips, events and bike sports I have done over the years. And bloody grateful that i have been able too.

Never forget to count yourblessings.
I concur having visited the Nurburgring/ Spa and ridden through some deep snow both there and on the way back (Easter trips)....the N260 is a peach of a road But was up in the snowline several times there tooImage en route. Germany somewhere...
David

Post by David »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:12 pm To actually finish a project bike
Good scheme...i might try too!
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

It might seem an odd "aspiration", but mine is to continue to enjoy different aspects of riding for a very long time. I feel quite sorry for those who post that they've lost their bikey mojo, don't want to ride in traffic/on roads /tracks /far /cold/wet etc. Case in point: last Friday, I had to "do a wee message" (Skub knows what that means). It involved riding from Cornwall to near Sandbach to pick up a part I needed to fix our injured campervan(see elsewhere). A30, M5, M6 and back. Left home at 8am, back at 11pm. The motorways were car parks, I've never ever done so much filtering through stationary traffic for miles and miles. It should have been a miserable trip, but it wasn't; at one point on the M6 I stopped for a chat with one of the drivers, and my clutch hand was getting crampy. Everybody was walking around, being sociable and patient, car doors open etc - made the filtering interesting. Very concentrating, focused, and I enjoyed it. Odd. Great for my slow speed stuff and obs - a lot going on. I did 650 miles, and many people would have hated it. Came back with this, because it's rare and the courier would have bent it. My arse took 2 days to recover, tho...
20210703_124655_resize_97.jpg
20210703_124655_resize_97.jpg (139.57 KiB) Viewed 284 times
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've got loads - when I can remember them all!!! But quite a few are redos after so long off a bike!!

But 'new' ones -

do an off road school and some following off road riding
have an off road bike here so I can explore bits of mountain (or even just go to the top of a few for sunrise or sunset!!)
Ride the Route de Napoleon - it starts not too far from a friend's place near Nice and finishes not too far from me! (Well, possibly a couple or so hours from me!!)
Do a load of riding in the Limousin area with friends there
Do some advanced riding with someone 'trained' over here
Race the Monster in the DesmoDue Class B!!
Get strong enough to go riding mountain roads with mates for a day at a time!!
Mad mornings out with mates for coffee and a bacon sarnie (need to find some riding buddies over here!)
Go to some tracks here to watch racing
Euro trackdays (well, probably not called that here, but Spain and Portugal, and I'm sure I'll start with some smaller tracks in France!! LOL)

Repeats are based on getting strong -

Get strong enough to do trackdays
Get the ability back to maybe do another Endurance race (got a couple of friends who were going to do one with me back before I busted my shoulder!)

I've never been able imagine my life without bikes, and the last few years has only made me more determined to get back on bikes and do more to enjoy them than just a trip to Abergavenny each weekend! I still can't imagine life without bikes and don't plan/want to give up, ever!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: