What happened to The Rev Counter ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Greenman

Re: What happened to The Rev Counter ?

Post by Greenman »

The rev counter couldn't keep maxing out at 11, so weeksy kindly created this place to try and keep us all sane... :shifty:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

We rev to the limit here. The limit being 13, which is 2 more than 11.
Stig

Post by Stig »

Gone are the days one would use bike forums to get me some poontang
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:46 pm We rev to the limit here. The limit being 13, which is 2 more than 11.
Will you be creating a new website soon that revs to 14 then?
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Stig wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:54 pm Gone are the days one would use bike forums to get me some poontang
Poontang?

Your age is showing, you old hippy you.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Stig

Post by Stig »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:04 pm
Stig wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:54 pm Gone are the days one would use bike forums to get me some poontang
Poontang?

Your age is showing, you old hippy you.
I may be old but not obsolete
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

lol

it's a place to get some good financial advise these days
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

weeksy wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:09 pm In simple terms, he had enough. He gave us advance warning though and I built this place.

Welcome home
and we love you for it xx
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

Jody wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:48 am
weeksy wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:09 pm In simple terms, he had enough. He gave us advance warning though and I built this place.

Welcome home
I bet you bought him an apple today too didn’t you ? 🤣
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Greenman wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:25 am
lol

IT's changed a lot over the years that's for sure, but so has the demographic of motorbikers, we were all 30-40 and we're all now 45-70.... So different priorities.

I still love the fact that we have some proper middle aged/oldies who put their bikes on track and a few of them put them on track in a completely ridiculous speed for the relative age of the riders, it's awesome.
I also love the fact that between myself and @Alan PBTD we've been responsible for getting dozens of riders who'd never been on a trackday to get their bikes onto a racetrack.... I'm quite proud of that. A few of them, like @the_priest @Beancounter and others, on completely inappropriate machines that almost have no right to be on a track... but there they were :)

The vibe overall on this place is absolutely fantastic and i sit here every day being astounded that i built a forum that actually gets a lot of use, over 85,000 posts now in about 16 months... So pushing onto 100,000 quite nicely.... That to me is absolutely ridiculous and quite funny... Who'd have thought it.

Sadly we've lost many many characters from the VD/TRC days, but hey, i can't fix or change that, i'm not going to go cap in hand begging for them to come over, but i'd be more than happy to see them here.

Whilst i've not built TRC MKII, i think what i and we have built here, is better in some way, more friendly, more approachable and with things like @Trinity765 getting a free trackday at Pembrey next month, i like to thing we as a forum are giving something back too.

I've still got plans for how 'we' grow.... but they're quite difficult to form without getting into things like Social Media, YouTube and advertising within the forum, so in all honesty, i expect we'll just keep on going in our merry little way in the corner of the internet, until one day, someone turns of the power or we all implode on ourselves.
The Martian

Post by The Martian »

Dave's not here maaan..
David

Post by David »

It's me...I am Dave, man....open the door.
The Martian

Post by The Martian »

Welcome home
Ghey.
Stig

Post by Stig »

weeksy wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:53 am
Greenman wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:25 am
lol

IT's changed a lot over the years that's for sure, but so has the demographic of motorbikers, we were all 30-40 and we're all now 45-70.... So different priorities.

I still love the fact that we have some proper middle aged/oldies who put their bikes on track and a few of them put them on track in a completely ridiculous speed for the relative age of the riders, it's awesome.
I also love the fact that between myself and @Alan PBTD we've been responsible for getting dozens of riders who'd never been on a trackday to get their bikes onto a racetrack.... I'm quite proud of that. A few of them, like @the_priest @Beancounter and others, on completely inappropriate machines that almost have no right to be on a track... but there they were :)

The vibe overall on this place is absolutely fantastic and i sit here every day being astounded that i built a forum that actually gets a lot of use, over 85,000 posts now in about 16 months... So pushing onto 100,000 quite nicely.... That to me is absolutely ridiculous and quite funny... Who'd have thought it.

Sadly we've lost many many characters from the VD/TRC days, but hey, i can't fix or change that, i'm not going to go cap in hand begging for them to come over, but i'd be more than happy to see them here.

Whilst i've not built TRC MKII, i think what i and we have built here, is better in some way, more friendly, more approachable and with things like @Trinity765 getting a free trackday at Pembrey next month, i like to thing we as a forum are giving something back too.

I've still got plans for how 'we' grow.... but they're quite difficult to form without getting into things like Social Media, YouTube and advertising within the forum, so in all honesty, i expect we'll just keep on going in our merry little way in the corner of the internet, until one day, someone turns of the power or we all implode on ourselves.
Long may it continue

I am myself no one else btw
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

The Martian wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:55 am

Welcome home
Ghey.
Jealousy is an evil mistress :wub:
Horse

Post by Horse »

Stig wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:08 pm I am myself no one else btw
Oh, so you're the one person who isn't Spartacus?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Stig

Post by Stig »

Horse wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:14 pm
Stig wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:08 pm I am myself no one else btw
Oh, so you're the one person who isn't Spartacus?
From memory you used to work down the road from the Manor House I was in at the time, if so, it’s me
Scorchio

Post by Scorchio »

Wow, still can’t believe the people on here (if that is the same Stig !!!)… he flounced loads from VD ! :lol:

Cool to see what you have done Weeksy, definitely seems to be working and I say that even though I never really got on with you in the internets world.

Only one person missing here and that would be MLSP…. Was never sure if he was just a different persona of one of you guys but the dude could write so well and was always amusing!

Anyways, thanks for the updates guys and the laughs…. Who knows maybe I will drop by now and then, take care and keep it shiny side up. 8-)
Skub

Post by Skub »

Scorchio wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:13 pm Only one person missing here and that would be MLSP…. Was never sure if he was just a different persona of one of you guys but the dude could write so well and was always amusing!
Oh he's here ok,you'll spot him if you stay long enough. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Pony is on here, just on his millionth alias. He's not that hard to spot.