1990 FZ750 Fork Rebuild

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
mangocrazy

Re: 1990 FZ750 Fork Rebuild

Post by mangocrazy »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:08 pm You can get 12V ones that work off car batteries, £35 from Machine Mart
Now you're talking. I like that.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Well I've found something out that is quite annoying, there is a bush on the bottom of the stanchion, if you order a stanchion from Yamaha it comes with this bush, my Tarozzi stanchion does not have this bush, you cannot buy the bush from Yamaha, I can't find anyone with the inner bush in stock.

So do I try to remove the bush from the old stanchion?

I'm going to think about it and see what I can come up with, but I suspect I'll be speaking to Darren at MCT tomorrow and asking his advice (and enduring a lot of piss taking)
Honda Owner
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

After some research and some help from Race Tech in the USA I've found out that I need a 39x20x1 slider bush, I don't know why the bush that goes on the stanchion is called a slider bush and the one that goes in the slider is called a guide bush.

Anyway pair of bushes ordered from Brooks Suspension.

Been out on the FZ tonight, the deal hardly leaked, I'd love to think the deal has swelled up and stopped leaking, I suspect it's more that the oil level has got down to a point where not much can come out.
Honda Owner