RTTL : Pembrey trackday extravaganza 2021. August 20/21/22.

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Alan PBTD

Re: RTTL : Pembrey trackday extravaganza 2021. August 20/21/22.

Post by Alan PBTD »

Am at Pembrey at the moment. We have asked the question - along with Spectators etc but they can't give us any positive up dates. We just have wait to see what Drakeford comes up with in the next few weeks. Campsites are open in Wales but the circuit isn't registered as a campsite so that's that. Obviously the Indian Variant is causing concern - despite what you may read elsewhere so we just have to wait and see.
It's a very difficult time organizing events !

One of our riders today is a A&E consultant in a big hospital in Cardiff - it was a very interesting listening to his views earlier.

Cheers

Alan
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:09 am Right all, just as an advance warning. Alan @Alan PBTD is going to be looking for some money in the coming weeks. I'm pretty sure it'll be a slightly different process to usual, he'll send us a link and we can pay directly from there.
Have i missed a memo or did i not get the invite to the bumming forum as i havent been asked to pay up yet 6 weeks on from that post......if @Alan PBTD wants to let me ride for free thats fine by me but otherwise i'll pay if i get an email ;)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:58 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:09 am Right all, just as an advance warning. Alan @Alan PBTD is going to be looking for some money in the coming weeks. I'm pretty sure it'll be a slightly different process to usual, he'll send us a link and we can pay directly from there.
Have i missed a memo or did i not get the invite to the bumming forum as i havent been asked to pay up yet 6 weeks on from that post......if @Alan PBTD wants to let me ride for free thats fine by me but otherwise i'll pay if i get an email ;)
The big bloke is busy, but I'm sure he'll be in touch for a the cash.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:00 pm
The big bloke is busy, but I'm sure he'll be in touch for a the cash.
No worries boss, was just checking my name hadnt dropped of "ze list" as i was paying out for a few other things tonight :thumbup:

And just remembered while typing that NL (oh no, i said it :mrgreen: ) said the Multistrada handguards were sufficient for brake protector but PTBD wants a proper one so i need to get one of them ....<wanders off to the bay of E>
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Don't worry haven't forgot u lot - have got a bit on at the mo and not helped with the missus having a fall in the garden earlier this week and has now her left wrist in plaster. But she can still do TD bookings with her right. Fair play tho' the NHS A&E were awesome.

Final nail in the coffin for the France trip so not a happy bunny.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Alan PBTD wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:24 pm Don't worry haven't forgot u lot - have got a bit on at the mo and not helped with the missus having a fall in the garden earlier this week and has now her left wrist in plaster. But she can still do TD bookings with her right. Fair play tho' the NHS A&E were awesome.

Coincidentally, we cancelled our France trip today.

Give H a hug and make her a cup of tea, say gws from us lot.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Alan PBTD wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:24 pm Don't worry haven't forgot u lot - have got a bit on at the mo and not helped with the missus having a fall in the garden earlier this week and has now her left wrist in plaster. But she can still do TD bookings with her right. Fair play tho' the NHS A&E were awesome.

No worries Alan, i was just wondering thats all ..... gws to the missus and hopefully see you all again in a couple of months :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Oh noo. Hugs to Mrs Alan and damn about the trip :( :( :(

weeksy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:27 pm

Coincidentally, we cancelled our France trip today.

Give H a hug and make her a cup of tea, say gws from us lot.
Nooo. That's such a shame too. People here were getting all positive that UK visitors will come this summer, guess that isn't quite as likely as they tought

:(

Gutted for you both :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Right then - on a more positive note :

Please use this link to pay for your trackday and follow the instructions. When the order comes through my end I'll cross reference the details with Steve's master list and hopefully it'll all match up.

https://phil-bevan-trackdays.myshopify. ... df01&_ss=r

5 days before the event you will have a direct E mail with your ''Final Instructions'' and ''Signing On''. These will contain all the latest rulings so may differ from below :

FYI and in no particular order :

All events are subject to the relevant Welsh Government COVID restrictions. In your case - and only applicable to the RTTL group - if we loose the event due to COVID you will be given a refund of £140 per person per place. The refund will go via your on line booking.
If you can't make it then you can do a name change and keep me in the loop - FOC. But if you leave it until the last few days then the booking will be lost.
Currently there is NO camping / Tents allowed. All overnight accommodation must be self contained.
If you are booked for Friday and want to come Thursday night then contact me. But for the masses you may access the circuit from 5.30pm Friday evening until 10.00pm or from 7.00pm Saturday morning. DO NOT turn up before 5.00pm Friday afternoon and park up outside the circuit - we have some problems with the locals. If you're early have a ice cream here .https://www.stellisbay.co.uk/ It's very nice.
Each rider is allowed one helper / masseur / grid girl. ( not one of each.. ) But they must arrive and depart with registered rider. Bit like Alcatraz once everyone's in, that's it, gates are shut.
Noise limit is 96 DB drive by
There are no spectators / or children under 18 allowed - Sorry.
You're all familiar with the face mask / distancing rulings so no need to repeat that.

Shall we say u got until 25th July to pay up ? If not, then well assume your not coming and will reallocate the place.

Cheers

Alan Holland - Coordinator Phil Bevan Trackdays - 07968 208 132.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Paid :

Weeksy
Trinity765
Welsh Muffin

Any issues, you know where i am

@Trinity765 You're all booked and paid from RTTL funds.
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Once you've paid you will receive a conformation receipt and a specific order number that begins PBTD*****. Keep a note of the number as you'll need it to complete the ''Signing On'' and COVID declarations.

ta
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Friday
Novice:

Inters:
Welsh Muffin PAID
Tricky @Tricky
Weeksy PAID

Fast:

Saturday
Novice:
Trinity765 PAID
Bigyin @Bigyin
Rodbargee @rodbargee
Mangocrazy @mangocrazy
Midge
Doug Lightyear
Steve 899

Inters:
Weeksy PAID
Welsh Muffin PAID
G.P @G.P
Dodgy Knees @Dodgy knees
Nobby @Nobby
IanB @IanB
Tricky

Fast:

Sunday
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

All a bit up in the air I'm afraid, so it might be a social only visit
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

rodbargee wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:06 pm All a bit up in the air I'm afraid, so it might be a social only visit
I'm not convinced social visit will be allowed fella. So ideally let us/Alan know asap so your place can be relisted if necessary. We don't want @Alan PBTD to be losing money because of us.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

ok fair enough Ill have to bail then apologies but it cant be helped.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

rodbargee wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:26 pm ok fair enough Ill have to bail then apologies but it cant be helped.
Understand. Thanks for the private message
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Coming on this conversation - a ''social visit'' is possible I'd just bend it so officially you'd be someones ''plus one / helper'' - Just pick a name of someone's who's not got a helper coming. Only requirement is that u arrive and technically depart with said rider - ( I dunno how far u got to travel )
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Alan PBTD wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:18 pm Coming on this conversation - a ''social visit'' is possible I'd just bend it so officially you'd be someones ''plus one / helper'' - Just pick a name of someone's who's not got a helper coming. Only requirement is that u arrive and technically depart with said rider - ( I dunno how far u got to travel )
As a lot of us are booked into the Llanelli Premier Inn then the arriving together bit as a "helper" might not be a huge issue ....probably easier to resolve nearer the time :thumbup:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Now, feel free to tell me to bugger off if there's no interest... But i asked our graphics god to do a t-shirt as we missed out on Portimao. Obviously i'm the only person on the planet with the Portimao t-shirt as i got the only one made lol.

Here's how they'll look anyway.
Imagepembreyshirt by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Imagepembreyshirtfront by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Currently due to image file restrictions i've only got white, not an overlay into colours, but i've asked Slenver if he can resolve that.

So, something we'd be interested in ? or not particularly arsed ? They'd be £17 a person, i can bring on the day or supply in advance.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »