In Fronch or English?
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:36 pm
Noggin wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:21 pm talked to the kitten
In Fronch or English?
Fronglish normaly :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Absolutely bugger all, haven't even put shoes or socks on today.. which lead to some minor discomfort walking on the patio earlier, could have cooked eggs on it.
Now awaiting the *bing!* that tells me my pie is cooked (in about 54 minutes)
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Ate a pie.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had a set of Brembo front pads fitted to my car, oh, and a new wear sensor thing. :banana-wrench:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:22 pm Had a set of Brembo front pads fitted to my car, oh, and a new wear sensor thing. :banana-wrench:
Rock n Roll

Zzzzzzzzz
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Rode around on the bike, went down into Kent to meet up with my Bishop. He is recommending that I am ordained as a priest, so that is very good news. Enjoyed the ride home, managed to behave myself! Pimms and lemonade with the wife this afternoon. Taking it quietly tomorrow and trying to finish off my assignment.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

mangocrazy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:29 pm Drained down central heating system, then drained down as much of hot water cylinder as I could, then siphoned 99% of the water out using garden hose and two big buckets. Cut the fugly thing loose from its moorings, dragged it downstairs and then emptied the remaining rank piss over the garden. Going to let the boards where it's been standing dry out overnight (it's been leaking for a while) before starting to fit the new replacement.

I'm not in the best of moods after all that...
Finally finished fitting the bloody thing. And had a well-deserved shower. I'm sure everyone in my immediate vicinity is quite pleased about that.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Decided that now I'm double jabbed, I'll risk going for an X-ray and try and put the brakes on my road to Crippledom. Got one booked for my hip, knee and ankle on the 8th July! :thumbup:

Hopefully me soon... :banana-dance:
porter_jamie

Post by porter_jamie »

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Embraced my ailments (a case of having to, really!)

As well as my rock hard prostate, weakened bladder, multitude of aching joints, failing eye-sight, failing memory, piles and rogue hairs appearing from every part of my body, I have a corker of a cold sore at the moment. Back in my twenties I'd have been mortified by my crusty lip. In my fifties, I really don't give the proverbial airborne copulation. I have named him Colin and have been introducing him to people, such as my yoga instructor, who said he'll get the first lesson free, but if he comes next week he's gotta pay.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Got chatting to someone I have only know on FB - she offered to lend me a book about kittens - I am having a very steep learning curve with the new arrival!! She also rides - an MT07 (wanted an MT09 cos it's what she took her test on, but the 07 was all that was available when they went looking!!) So, looks like I have a new riding buddy. She wants to get confidence and so do I!! :D :D

Kitten crapped where she shouldn't have because I didn't clean out the litter tray fast enough :roll: That'll teach me :roll:

She also didn't stay asleep for the lesson!! :lol: :lol: But hey - I learnt some new words!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
David

Post by David »

Noggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:31 pm Got chatting to someone I have only know on FB - she offered to lend me a book about kittens - I am having a very steep learning curve with the new arrival!! She also rides - an MT07 (wanted an MT09 cos it's what she took her test on, but the 07 was all that was available when they went looking!!) So, looks like I have a new riding buddy. She wants to get confidence and so do I!! :D :D

Kitten crapped where she shouldn't have because I didn't clean out the litter tray fast enough :roll: That'll teach me :roll:

She also didn't stay asleep for the lesson!! :lol: :lol: But hey - I learnt some new words!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
How the hell can a tiny kitten ride an MT07 (whatever that Is!)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Spent 3 hours rebuilding, servicing and sorting my boys mates bike. Apparently it's never felt or sounded this good ha ha.
He still needs wheel bearings replacing but I don't have in spares.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Spend most of the day in the shed, been to the tip (and came back with almost nothing for once) and had a bonfire.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

gremlin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:16 pm Embraced my ailments (a case of having to, really!)

As well as my rock hard prostate, weakened bladder, multitude of aching joints, failing eye-sight, failing memory, piles and rogue hairs appearing from every part of my body, I have a corker of a cold sore at the moment. Back in my twenties I'd have been mortified by my crusty lip. In my fifties, I really don't give the proverbial airborne copulation. I have named him Colin and have been introducing him to people, such as my yoga instructor, who said he'll get the first lesson free, but if he comes next week he's gotta pay.
Tea Tree oil for cold sores, not sure if it works by killing it or burning the skin off around it so it falls off.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

mangocrazy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:30 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:29 pm Drained down central heating system, then drained down as much of hot water cylinder as I could, then siphoned 99% of the water out using garden hose and two big buckets. Cut the fugly thing loose from its moorings, dragged it downstairs and then emptied the remaining rank piss over the garden. Going to let the boards where it's been standing dry out overnight (it's been leaking for a while) before starting to fit the new replacement.

I'm not in the best of moods after all that...
Finally finished fitting the bloody thing. And had a well-deserved shower. I'm sure everyone in my immediate vicinity is quite pleased about that.
I did a similar job a couple of years ago, huge cylinder down from a bedroom back into downstairs toilet / boiler room, half way through the job (gut room, replace all pipework, lay new floorboards etc), I decided to get the boiler moved… Mid winter, draughty old house, 3 days without heating but at least we had hot water as cylinder had immersion heaters in it. The ladies of the house were none too happy about the lack of heating. :D
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Booked a holiday today...unfortunately it’s not till Nov 2022 but at least it’s something to look forward to.

Hopefully the world will be back to some semblance of normality.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

David wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:28 pm
Noggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:31 pm Got chatting to someone I have only know on FB - she offered to lend me a book about kittens - I am having a very steep learning curve with the new arrival!! She also rides - an MT07 (wanted an MT09 cos it's what she took her test on, but the 07 was all that was available when they went looking!!) So, looks like I have a new riding buddy. She wants to get confidence and so do I!! :D :D

How the hell can a tiny kitten ride an MT07 (whatever that Is!)
LOL Sorry, bad grammar? And ok, MT-07?? :lol:
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Got a hair cut
CBR650r :mrgreen: