European Returns Help - Leathers from FC Moto

Anything you like about motorbikes
Trinity765

European Returns Help - Leathers from FC Moto

Post by Trinity765 »

It's a long story......

At the end of the summer 2019 the zip that attached the top and bottom of my 2 piece (Held) leathers broke and in March 2020, being a cheapskate I took them to a local general clothes repairers to replace the zip (£75). When I picked them up they looked ok but as we then went into lockdown I didn't try them on until nearly a year later. When I did try them on I realised the zip was shorter than the old one and I couldn't get them on because of it. I took them back last week and they were really nice about it - they're going to take the zip out and call me back to try them on before fitting a new zip at no extra cost. I'm not 100% sure they will be trackday compliant by the time they've finished.

Last month I bought a once piece Alpinestars suite from FC Moto. With the £158 import taxes they still came out a bit cheaper........however, they are way too small. They are a size bigger than the Held but when I try them on they seem a lot smaller. I would need to remove some limbs to get them on.

Now, I'm a little bit confused about returning them and whether or not I'll get my import taxes back.

Has anyone returned anything to a Europe trader and did/how do you get your import taxes back? What, if any, were your losses?
Lockdown refugee
DefTrap

Re: European Returns Help - Leathers from FC Moto

Post by DefTrap »

You asked FC Moto? The vagaries of motorcycle clothing sizing must be a frequent occurrence so you're unlikely to be the first.

I've stopped buying stuff from abroad where massive import/delivery charges are added because it's just too risky
Deadpool2

Post by Deadpool2 »

I think you can write to the relevant tax office and prove it has been returned to get the tax/ import stuff back, but you may have to wait till you get refunded (just to prove the whole refund process). Its likely to be a huge ballache.
Hot_Air

Post by Hot_Air »

@Trinity765Here’s a spot of light reading that you might enjoy (now that we’re in the sunlit uplands) ;)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/refunds-and ... stoms-debt