What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
MrLongbeard

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by MrLongbeard »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:20 pm
MrLongbeard wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:32 pm FFS, would it kill you to use the spoiler button.
I'm eight hours behind you...
whoop-de-do, and that some how negates a little common courtesy, like using spolier tags or posting it in the racing sub forum.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Noggin wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:24 pm Some of us don't watch the races 'on time'!!
Tell me about it, I've lost count of how many times I've been saved the time of watching a race because someone on here or TRC posted winners etc. Haven't watched a bike race in probably 5 years, no need to.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:43 pm whoop-de-do, and that some how negates a little common courtesy, like using spolier tags or posting it in the racing sub forum.
Looked in that forum, didn't see a single F1 post so assumed no one gave a fuck about it.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:37 pm
MrLongbeard wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:43 pm whoop-de-do, and that some how negates a little common courtesy, like using spolier tags or posting it in the racing sub forum.
Looked in that forum, didn't see a single F1 post so assumed no one gave a fuck about it.
Blind too then, there are at least 3 that I've read in there.
Fuck it, you're a inconsiderate twat, no point arguing about it as you'll not change / learn and my opinion of you won't change either, lets see how good the ignore function is on here, shame as I was enjoying reading the pool refurb.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:36 pm
Noggin wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:24 pm Some of us don't watch the races 'on time'!!
Tell me about it, I've lost count of how many times I've been saved the time of watching a race because someone on here or TRC posted winners etc. Haven't watched a bike race in probably 5 years, no need to.
So you do the fucking same thing?

Well done
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Yorick wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:11 pm So you do the fucking same thing?

Well done
Given that I'm usually the one who no longer has a need to watch a race, I assumed you lot had already seen it. Oh well, anyone need a hankie?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Gave blood and got tested to see if I'm suitable to donate platelets.

And got a pack of Mini Cheddars for my efforts. :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I went to the valley to get a 'top' for the sofa/wooden box/thingy that I wanted to finish today.

Came back and built it. It's very much more agricultural compared to the first that a friend built!! But I ran out of arm, enthusiasm and skill before I finished and just wanted it up!! Now they are both done, I know that they first needs to be taller and the second narrower! Going to see if Mr OCD (not from the forum, from here!) is willing to come back and do the adjustments!!

Just done some French homework ready for tomorrow morning's lesson. And about to do the last bit of homework then watch a video (of a song about a cat!) to prep for tonight's online lesson!!

Brain is nearly melted - hope it recovers for tomorrow!! :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

It wasn't today, but I figured y'all could use a good laugh.

A friend and I were clearing a few trees out to open up a view of a valley out of a house we own in the hills of West Virginia. Mostly saplings and a few with 4 to 6 inch dia trunks. Loads of brush around in the area so movement was a bit limited. I was working on a tree and notching it to get it to fall away from a fence, so I cut a wedge out of it, or at least I was in the process when I did something rather painful. Just as the wedge came free the chain saw spat it out from the notch in the tree. I hadn't picked a good spot to stand. The notch was about waist high. It felt like Mike Tyson used my nads for a speed bag. It's amazing how much pain a bit of wood about 5 inches long and pointed on each end can inflict if well placed. There was a rather muffled yelp followed by me going to my hands and knees for a bit while the first if the pain subsided down from the deep ache at about kidney to mid thigh range. After a few minutes I rolled out of that position to sit on my arse for a few more minutes of recovery time. I finished felling the tree, dropped a couple more and then limped up to the house for a well needed beer break.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Re-attached a boost pipe that blew off on the way home.

80mph, foot to the floor, accelerating hard... BANG!... car stops accelerating.

I knew straight away what it was as I looked under the bonnet this morning and saw it wasn't seated properly (I had to remove it to change the timing chain tensioner, obviously didn't tighten the jubilee enough)... then promptly forgot about it.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

New tyres fitted. Pedal with mi lady. Bbq. Work tomorrow. 👎
Yamaha rocket 3
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Not today exactly, but who's counting?

Went to my mum's for lunch on Sunday at the invitation of my step dad. My mum has been tussling with bladder cancer for some years and now it may have spread to her kidney, meaning it will be whipped out if it needs to be. Understandably stressful. My step dad isn't the most empathetic of people, very old school bloke, no emotions, etc. Anyway after a few glasses of wine and a Scotch, we're sat in the garden and ge suddenly bursts into tears. Surprised isn't the word, but clearly he's been stressing and worrying and the way that comes out is bickering with my mum. I think it did him the world if good and allowed me to tell him that he wasn't on his own, that it's ok not to be ok, etc.

We get home, my sister rings. She's drunker than me by some margin and spends an hour on the phone as we talk about her late husband who died of pancreatic cancer last year. This set me off as I miss him as he was a good mate.

Yesterday I spoke to my friend and ex-colleague of 25 years who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer weeks after retiring. That was a tough conversation, not least when we spoke about his daughter who's just in her early twenties. Really brought it home. We both choked at that point. Words cannot express how that must feel.

I feel thoroughly fucked off with cancer. 😕
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Been here at my step mothers since 8 this morning whilst the plumber does some stuff. I’m bored out of my nut and keep falling asleep because of it!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Just had the aircon in the car regassed!

Thank god. It's a Black car and the work carpark is bathed in sun all day (when it's sunny).
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Got jab no. 2.

Come get me, covid muthafucka. 😃
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Finished a night shift, went for a quick MTB ride with youngest hound before it warmed up too much and then BED!😴😴😴😴
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Drained down central heating system, then drained down as much of hot water cylinder as I could, then siphoned 99% of the water out using garden hose and two big buckets. Cut the fugly thing loose from its moorings, dragged it downstairs and then emptied the remaining rank piss over the garden. Going to let the boards where it's been standing dry out overnight (it's been leaking for a while) before starting to fit the new replacement.

I'm not in the best of moods after all that...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Nice day out. Cleared out the big shed at the Church with the vicar, sorted out what could be recycled, free cycled and binned and helped assemble the storage rack and then fit two boards on the ceiling beams to store the longer items of wood out of the way. Then back into the Church to fit a new gooseneck microphone on the lectern as the old one was too large, hindering lipreading and it was old tech. New mike is much clearer, slimline and has a far better acoustic and range. Quite pleased with myself!

Back home, son writing his final exam and he aced it, so is very happy now. Collected wife from school, then had a short nap. Dinner was left-over vegetables with some bulgur wheat and feta cheese and a glass of Tokaji Furmint dry white wine. Lovely! Just setting up to do the 9pm Compline service and then I'll go back to sleep.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:35 pm Been here at my step mothers since 8 this morning whilst the plumber does some stuff. I’m bored out of my nut and keep falling asleep because of it!
I was giving Gremlin's rather painful post a thumbs up, missed and got yours. So have a free one on me.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yesterday was a mad day.

The most intense French lesson so far - 2 hours of grammar, those little words that make sentences correct but are REALLY difficult to work out when to use and which to use!!

Then physio, then meet a friend for coffee, then collect kitten!!

Today I've mostly chilled and talked to the kitten. Off to physio now then French homework to do after!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: