Re: LAKE PLACID BLUE: TRIUMPH BOBBER CAFE RACER BY HIDEMO

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Do you find these from an ugly bike website, that's goping
Honda Owner
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I don't necessarily pick them because I like them. I pick them because they're different. I could find you dozens of restomods built exactly as they came out of the factory, but we've all seen them, all know them, so what's the point. So it's all about seeing something we don't usually see, even if we don't like it.
There's some nice bits to it, some nice fabrication, etc. Accept it for that and you'll be happier
Potter

Post by Potter »

It's my own fault for clicking on it :(

These threads rarely make me happier than before I opened them :D
If I was that blokes dad I'd slap him for making such silly shite.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

weeksy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:45 am I don't necessarily pick them because I like them. I pick them because they're different. I could find you dozens of restomods built exactly as they came out of the factory, but we've all seen them, all know them, so what's the point. So it's all about seeing something we don't usually see, even if we don't like it.
There's some nice bits to it, some nice fabrication, etc. Accept it for that and you'll be happier
I'm happy, just not a fan of the "looks like it was made in a shed in the 1960s" look, my comment was meant to be humorous
Honda Owner
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

weeksy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:45 am I don't necessarily pick them because I like them. I pick them because they're different. I could find you dozens of restomods built exactly as they came out of the factory, but we've all seen them, all know them, so what's the point. So it's all about seeing something we don't usually see, even if we don't like it.
Keep 'em coming... appreciating the effort very much.

I hate most of them but that's not the point - I like seeing what people are doing!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

At least the tank and set line up! :)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills