What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by weeksy »

636mick wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:16 pm
weeksy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:13 pm Epic over the bars highside on the MTB... dead leg, cuts, scrapes and ouchies !!!!

I'll live :)
And you do this for fun!!!
Not that bit, usually :)

First crash in 2-3 years, I was pushing hard and just got the rut a bit wrong, with it being so dry currently theres a lack of grip at times and it just spun out on me, next thing i was hitting the deck :)
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

I had a long walk home of about 4 miles after a bloody flint ripped a hole in my MTB tyre, and then I discovered my spare tube had a puncture and no puncture repair kit. I then got my other mountain bike out to discover the rear brake has SRAM cancer. I know the LBS is fully booked so it'll have to be the road bike for the next few days till my new tyre turns up.

[mention]weeksy[/mention] heal quick, beer or cider helps.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today I have attended two service (Pentecost!)s, done the deacon bits in the first one and then have spent the day rubbing down the staircase and bannister wood work. Now I am knackered. Later on I wil repair a cupboard and then do the primer coat on the woodwork so that come tomorrow morning late I can give it the gloss topcoat. Tonight I intend to have a glass of red wine with the wife.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

My first proper ride since 11th March. I'd done a couple of 15 mile rides ... in limp mode :eh: trying to sort a problem in the last week but today all is sorted and I had a 120 mile ride. It felt so good!! :D

Came across this which I thought was pretty cool and different for a memorial :thumbup:
20200531_131553.jpg
20200531_131553.jpg (238.99 KiB) Viewed 2580 times
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

scottyuk wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:58 pm My first proper ride since 11th March. I'd done a couple of 15 mile rides ... in limp mode :eh: trying to sort a problem in the last week but today all is sorted and I had a 120 mile ride. It felt so good!! :D

Came across this which I thought was pretty cool and different for a memorial :thumbup:
20200531_131553.jpg
Nice mate, nice
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Had a nice walk along a stretch of the Shropshire union canal with my lad Tom. An abundance of wildlife everywhere I looked and made a few friends on the way. I find these swans very friendly sorts. 👍

Imageauto clicker test

Yamaha rocket 3
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Cleared out the 2nd shed today. Its a small shed originally for a few garden tools. But I managed to fill it with all kinds of crap. I found things in there I'd lost and rebought several times over! :wtf: :lol: Think i'll rename it the tardis as I have no idea how that lot was in there!

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I met a friend for the first time since restrictions were lifted and he passed on the spring roll wrappers another friend gave him for me 5 days ago. Apparently he's been too busy to give them to me, despite living in a building 50yrds from mine!!!

This afternoon I've been to my new physio. Didn't do/get any physio as we spent 40 minutes talking about my latest crash, how he doesn't use labels like dyspraxia (nor do I but it's useful to explain my propensity for crashing myself)but that the neuro (propreactive) side of treatment sounds like it would be really helpful for me post op and then mostly about my meeting with the shoulder surgeon tomorrow!!!

He's as good as my normal physio (not as hot, but very good!!) and I really do consider myself incredibly lucky to have these guys as back up for post and pre op.

Now to get a date for surgery as soon as blooming possible!!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Taipan wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:13 pm Cleared out the 2nd shed today. Its a small shed originally for a few garden tools. But I managed to fill it with all kinds of crap. I found things in there I'd lost and rebought several times over! :wtf: :lol: Think i'll rename it the tardis as I have no idea how that lot was in there!

How's the ccm going.??
Yamaha rocket 3
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

CCM went years ago. There was a few old number plates in there...
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Just back from a visit to Grenoble hospital to see the shoulder surgeon

Date booked - 25th June

BEST bit of news is that she isn't planning to remove the implant. Because it is modular, she's found the supplier and is getting a cup part to go on top of the implant instead of the ball part. Then a ball section will be screwed to the scapular to create an inverted joint

The thought of the pain after the implant was hammered in and going through that plus the first one being pulled out (I know I'll be unconcious, but the pain afterwards was horrific) has been the biggest thing putting me off!! The fact that she's found the manufacturer is awesome. I got the impression that messing about with the current implant was something that has been worrying her too!!

Sooooo - am not very happy, got butterflies and want to sleep for a week :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
formula400

Post by formula400 »

got a call from a mate, had to go halfords, get some jump leads to get hi work van going, he was sat in hampstead with the aircon on full and killed his battery :clap: :clap: :clap:
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

Back to archery for the first time in 3 months. Took a while for the club and AGB to get their shit together but it's good now, field is marked off into 6 lanes and you book a 2 hour slot online. Clubhouse is closed so no seating or drinks but bring folding chair and bottle of water and it's cushty. My shooting has gone to pot, natch ;)
stray cat

Post by stray cat »

636mick wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:15 pm I get to pick up swans when they land on a wet motorway thinking it’s a river, to say I always approach them with trepidation would be a massive understatement!!!
Only been bitten once, but man do they have strong beaks and jaws, broke the skin through a heavy reflective jacket, left a massive bruise. Then the bloody thing flew off anyway!
Mick
Had to rescue a swan near my office when I was working in Marlow; it was on a mission heading for the high street so another woman and myself picked it up (she carried it and I clamped its beak shut) - luckily it was quite placid and we carted it back to the river. Sadly a big male swan came flapping over and chased our poor young teenage male swan away, so it was obviously a territorial thing :(

Hope it found itself a home of its own in the end.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Noggin wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:24 pm Just back from a visit to Grenoble hospital to see the shoulder surgeon

Date booked - 25th June

BEST bit of news is that she isn't planning to remove the implant. Because it is modular, she's found the supplier and is getting a cup part to go on top of the implant instead of the ball part. Then a ball section will be screwed to the scapular to create an inverted joint

The thought of the pain after the implant was hammered in and going through that plus the first one being pulled out (I know I'll be unconcious, but the pain afterwards was horrific) has been the biggest thing putting me off!! The fact that she's found the manufacturer is awesome. I got the impression that messing about with the current implant was something that has been worrying her too!!

Sooooo - am Very very happy, got butterflies and want to sleep for a week :D :D

Well, that was a daft mistake!! I'm very very happy, not "I'm not very happy'!!! LOL

I am still sitting here grinning like a loon! :D
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Yesterday and today I built this, not quite finished yet. I am now sat on it drinking Corona to celebrate the pain I am in. Not bad for a 60 years and 11 month old git!!

I don’t get any sun low down in the garden, so decking was needed!!
2FC4F429-2009-4E66-B17C-22F90FE85D0E.jpeg
2FC4F429-2009-4E66-B17C-22F90FE85D0E.jpeg (145.16 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
It looked like this before.
66CD7A61-20BC-4656-ACF3-46082F39A4D5.jpeg
66CD7A61-20BC-4656-ACF3-46082F39A4D5.jpeg (180.17 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Top job sir
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Converted two more of my bras to front fastening. I hate wrecking lovely bras, but needs must. They won't look as good or be quite as good, but hey, I'll be able to do them up!! LOL :thumbup:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Noggin wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:44 pm Converted two more of my bras to front fastening. I hate wrecking lovely bras, but needs must. They won't look as good or be quite as good, but hey, I'll be able to do them up!! LOL :thumbup:
I can honestly say,I've never done that job any day. :silent:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today I had a day out on the bike. First went to hospital for a checkup on my hyper extended finger. Needs an operation, which is what I said three months ago. Then I went to work where I finished off fitting the Logitech equipment for the Zoom Room setup. My colleague had given up. Then from work I did a courier job and dropped off 4 laptops at a colleague's house 20 miles away and then road home via the long way. Bike returned 77mpg as well.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.