Casual Motorcycle Jackets

Anything you like about motorbikes
Rockburner

Re: Casual Motorcycle Jackets

Post by Rockburner »

Nidge wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:21 am
Rockburner wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:12 am
Potter wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:31 am You have to try them on.
Agree fully.

Potter wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:31 am I like Belstaff, the Ariel is very nice, definitely casual enough to wear as a casual jacket even if you're nowhere near the bike, but I think it's discontinued. Whatever replaced it looks nice too, I can't recall what they called them. I like the look of some other wax jackets (Merlin et al) but compared to Belstaff they simply don't look or fit as nice.
https://www.fc-moto.de/en/Belstaff-Arie ... QcQAvD_BwE

That's not bad - not a bad price for a Belstaff as well. (normally they're stupid prices - as I well know having just bought one for the GF for her birthday)
Be careful. I ordered some Daytona boots from FC Moto (via eBay) and got hit with an extra £77 import charges so ended up paying about the same as I would from a UK supplier but with the inevitable customs delays

I was only putting up the link to show the photo of the jacket - I'm not buying ANOTHER jacket this year!!
non quod, sed quomodo
Potter

Post by Potter »

I paid £450 for the first one at retail in a shop in the UK, then liked it so much I ordered a green one from Urbanrider and had it delivered here, that one cost me £212 without VAT (I just checked my previous orders), then I bought the black one from somewhere else in the UK at discount for about £275 I think but I can't remember where.

I have blue, green and black and the green is the nicest, followed very closely by blue and the black is nice but it doesn't stand out, I wouldn't pay £378 for it.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I still wear my 2000 Alpinestars Dyno as a day-to-day jacket, this is me last weekend. I do wonder if they're gonna relaunch it as a retro jacket (if they haven't already, I don't really pay attention to these things).

I've been meaning for ages to get it altered to remove the baggyness where the padding used to be.

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:51 pm I still wear my 2000 Alpinestars Dyno as a day-to-day jacket, this is me last weekend. I do wonder if they're gonna relaunch it as a retro jacket (if they haven't already, I don't really pay attention to these things).

I've been meaning for ages to get it altered to remove the baggyness where the padding used to be.

Were you singing or on guitar?
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I think you're kidding yourself if you think that needs taking in
Honda Owner
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

weeksy wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:39 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:51 pm I still wear my 2000 Alpinestars Dyno as a day-to-day jacket, this is me last weekend. I do wonder if they're gonna relaunch it as a retro jacket (if they haven't already, I don't really pay attention to these things).

Were you singing or on guitar?
Is he Starsky or Hutch? I can never remember which one is which!
Skub

Post by Skub »

DUDE. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:40 pm I think you're kidding yourself if you think that needs taking in
Ita more the bingo wings I want to get rid of :D Its till got the shoulder armour in cause you can't take it out, but the elbow stuff is long gone.

Even when I was 16 it was snug around the middle, cause I bought it that way.
Potter

Post by Potter »

That's an impressive comb over.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:36 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:40 pm I think you're kidding yourself if you think that needs taking in
Ita more the bingo wings I want to get rid of :D Its till got the shoulder armour in cause you can't take it out, but the elbow stuff is long gone.

Even when I was 16 it was snug around the middle, cause I bought it that way.
I weighed 9 stone when I was 16, 38 years later I weigh 14 stone, there's no way I could fit in any clothes from 1983
Honda Owner
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I weighed more when i was 16 than i do now :) So yeah, i'd have been OK.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I was about 10 stone when I was 16, I'm about 11.5 now. I also still fit the MTM leathers I got when I was 22....they're pretty retro too actually.

IsTR that Alpinestars was the smallest size they had when I bought it and that I looked like I borrowed it from my Dad cause the chest/shoulders were way too big. I rode my moped in it cause I knew I was gonna buy a bike when I was 17.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

You can't beat a lived in leather jacket (not knackered though!). They just rock in a way new ones just can't. And the fact you have to work at it makes it even better.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:52 am I was about 10 stone when I was 16, I'm about 11.5 now. I also still fit the MTM leathers I got when I was 22....they're pretty retro too actually.

IsTR that Alpinestars was the smallest size they had when I bought it and that I looked like I borrowed it from my Dad cause the chest/shoulders were way too big. I rode my moped in it cause I knew I was gonna buy a bike when I was 17.
I was about 10 stone from about 18 to 37, mostly because I didn't eat much, then we had children and there was more food in the house and I spent more time at home, so I started eating between meals, a habit I can't seem (try hard enough) to get out of.
Honda Owner
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Supermofo wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:40 am You can't beat a lived in leather jacket (not knackered though!). They just rock in a way new ones just can't. And the fact you have to work at it makes it even better.
There's a certain truth to that.

Years ago, I had Frank Thomas leather jacket - not particularly expensive, but I'd ridden through a 3 hour downpour in it (it didn't leak, amazingly, but DID soak up every drop that hit it), and after that it fitted me absolutely like a glove.

For some unknown reason I gave it away to a uni friend of mine. :crazy:
non quod, sed quomodo