What's the worst bike you've ever ridden?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Bigjawa

Re: What's the worst bike you've ever ridden?

Post by Bigjawa »

Kaiser rip off of a CBR 125 that a young lad brought me to check out, thing was a mile out of line from the factory, plus it wouldn't break 45 mph, not that you would want to go any faster it was so shite. Thing quit in the rain and the dealer told the kid not to ride it on wet days. It literally disintegrated inside 3 months and it all went legal.
Horse

Post by Horse »

mangocrazy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:54 pm BMW R45 - the subject of this little exercise in vilification...

Ah yes - the BMW R45. What on earth possessed BMW to produce this gutless, insipid sack of shit... it handled like a plate of sick ...the power and torque-free motor was the motorcycle equivalent of pushing a supermarket trolley. Up the escalator. You never had any clue as to where the front end might be heading at any moment in time. I had to thrash the living daylights out of it to even stay in sight of the other riders

Over to you...
Ah, now. I know someone who had an R45 with a fix for the high front end. Some f@ckwit had put a full BMW RT fairing on it. Touring in France it struggled to go over 65mph. However, I was lucky enough to not be invited to ride it.

I was able to have several goes on my GF's MZ125. All of the advantages of the TS250 but not the speed, smoothness and sophistication.

But probably the worst was the Honda 125 trials bike that a friend owned. Someone had kindly bent the frame so that when travelling straight the wheels took parallel tracks.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
maccecht

Post by maccecht »

Have to go with Mango on this one I owned an R45 and it was an utter bag of shit. Slow heavy accelerated like a slug with dipped in salt.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

maccecht wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:20 pm Have to go with Mango on this one I owned an R45 and it was an utter bag of shit. Slow heavy accelerated like a slug with dipped in salt.
You have my sympathy. I only had to ride it for a couple of days. I couldn't find any redeeming feature. Not one. Somebody told me that fitting R65 carbs pepped it up a bit. But that would just make it a slightly quicker bag of shit...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.