Casual Motorcycle Jackets

Anything you like about motorbikes
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: Casual Motorcycle Jackets

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Supermofo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:31 pm The RST jacket my Bro got 150 notes and AAA. Bit vanilla looking but seems your not into the Hipster stuff
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/410694

I like that
Honda Owner
Le_Fromage_Grande

Please keep the suggestions coming, Supermofo's is best so far
Honda Owner
Hairybiker84

Post by Hairybiker84 »

I've got one of these (ignore the hoody bit it zips off). Slightly less distressed and no trumpet logo. They do about 3 versions with different stripes.
Richa Toulon 2

Le_Fromage_Grande

Hairybiker84 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:35 pm I've got one of these (ignore the hoody bit it zips off). Slightly less distressed and no trumpet logo. They do about 3 versions with different stripes.
Richa Toulon 2

Not bad, I'll investigate
Honda Owner
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:32 pm
Supermofo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:31 pm The RST jacket my Bro got 150 notes and AAA. Bit vanilla looking but seems your not into the Hipster stuff
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/410694

I like that
My bro really likes his I think he got the one with the white bits on the arms. Comes with level 2 armour and back protector too, not sure he's worn it in anger yet but hopefully gonna catch up with him tomorrow for lunch on the bike. I'll ask him. He is a member here but doesn't really post
Le_Fromage_Grande

I've got a Revitt jacket that's quite similar to that, but my expanding stomach means it's a bit snug now.
Honda Owner
Le_Fromage_Grande

What about textile jackets, I've remembered I could wear the top half of my Dainese two piece leathers.
Honda Owner
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

weeksy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:11 pm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143585340556 ... SwAkZenU~r

Bought one of these in brown.... it was WAY more than that when i bought it and an absolute BARGAIN at that price... i'm actually tempted to buy in olive just because it's cool and i love the jacket

That's a bloody bargain, in fact so much so I started buy one from Motorcycle Megastore's website but got distracted with something, and when I returned to check out they had applied a further £7.50 discount so it's coming my way for a paltry £67.49 with free postage- result
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

On a somewhat related note, I'm looking for a 60s-70s style leather jacket, one with a diagonal zip that stops at the shoulder rather than at the throat.

I'm hopefully going to be trying out an RST Matlock next week (Infinity have to order them in rather then having any in stock)

But does anyone know of any good alternatives?

I am NOT looking for a "Brando" style "cop" jacket. I'm going to ride the bike in it, not cruise the Blue Oyster Bar...
non quod, sed quomodo
Skub

Post by Skub »

Rockburner wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:10 pm I'm going to ride the bike in it, not cruise the Blue Oyster Bar...
Yeah,they all say that at first. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

It's all about the trousers. Get the right trouser and the jacket fades into the background.
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

If it’s cold or looks like rain I wear an RST adventure jacket I’ve had years. If summer and weather looks good I wear an armoured hoodie like this

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/392452

Tbh the adv jacket is my go to as it’s easy and comfy 👍
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Good selection here and good prices, can't comment on the quality though !

https://maximomoto.co.uk/collections/jackets
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

I got one of these Halvarssons Thunder Classics years ago which I still use. Can take proper armour too, though ends up looking quite bulky.

Appears to be discontinued now, so you can't buy one anyway. May as well ignore this.

Hot_Air

Post by Hot_Air »

Hot_Air

Post by Hot_Air »

Photos don’t do this jacket justice. But I have seen this Scott Leathers Easy Rider jacket in the leather, and it’s a stunning.

Incidentally, I can see why you need to be in-the-know to buy Scott Leathers: the product names are rubbish, the website is shit, and their photographer has an unmatched talent for making stunning leathers look crap online.

The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Hot_Air wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:31 pm Photos don’t do this jacket justice. But I have seen this Scott Leathers Easy Rider jacket in the leather, and it’s a stunning.

Incidentally, I can see why you need to be in-the-know to buy Scott Leathers: the product names are rubbish, the website is shit, and their photographer has an unmatched talent for making stunning leathers look crap online.

Their PR is a disaster... phones unanswered, email ignored. I tried to get some of their kit for the big trip to NZ in 2019. I gave up.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Hot_Air

Post by Hot_Air »

@The Spin Doctor It's a shame their PR is hopeless because their leathers are amazing.

Instead of this newfangled email you expect them to answer, you should have nipped up to Barnard Castle to see them. I hear the trip is also an excellent test of one’s eyesight :mrgreen:
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Hot_Air wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:09 pm @The Spin Doctor It's a shame their PR is hopeless because their leathers are amazing.

Instead of this newfangled email you expect them to answer, you should have nipped up to Barnard Castle to see them. I hear the trip is also an excellent test of one’s eyesight :mrgreen:
It's also one hell of a way from London for an afternoon's spin... unless you are a former advisor to the government.

I've still got a couple of cans of the original batch left BTW https://www.brewdog.com/uk/barnard-castle-eye-test
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Le_Fromage_Grande

I tried to but a set of leathers from Scott 20 years ago, I gave up as they were rude and disinterested.
Honda Owner