Insurance: Perfect Timing

Anything you like about motorbikes
Phoenix

Insurance: Perfect Timing

Post by Phoenix »

Now that summer is on the way many will be renewing or taking out a new insurance policy. If you are one, like myself, this video is well worth a look. Also read the side comments.

As for the Database they use, not M.I.D. but CUE more on that in another post.

Ride Safe & Stay Safe

Phoenix

Re: Insurance: Perfect Timing

Post by Phoenix »

Oops! Almost forgot.

Don’t forget to check out the likes of Trust Pilot and other motorcycle forums to get an overview of who are the saints and sinners in motorcycle insurance. Yes, I know some reviews are biased but if your are savvy you should get a fairly good idea.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Sharky is alive and well!

Got my insurance renewal quote today. Last year it was £133.68. This year £199.71 with full no claims. Not bad eh...a hike of £66.03 and that is with less riding risk due to the endemic pandemic!

I did a quick check and got the same for £107.72 plus £24.00 breakdown = £131.72. And..and...it is the same insurance service for both brokers! Thus the current rate from a new agent is cheaper than last year's from the present agent!

Well now we know where the racing bike sponsorship money is coming from - the punters!

Oh..I also got an auto renewal which I said I didn't want last year. I informed them that if they take any money from my account they will be charged interest on a daily amount. If they object I'll contact the Ombudsman - that is what they are there for.

I am not giving names on a open forum. If you want to know more send me a PM.

Keep your mince pies on this thread for an interesting revelation! lol.

Don't forget to shop around.

:obscene-birdiedoublered:
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Phoenix wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:30 pm
Well now we know where the racing bike sponsorship money is coming from - the punters!

Where did you think it came from? It's the same as any marketing budget - it's taken from income (punters!!).