Keys & transponder codes

Tips, tricks, questions and answers to tech questions
Dickyboy

Keys & transponder codes

Post by Dickyboy »

So I've bought a bike with the normal two keys but they only fit the ignition and there is a secondary key of the same type that fits the tank and the seat lock. I also have a spare ignition barrel that the secondary key fits.
To get me back to square one (1 key that fits all) can I just get the ignition barrels swapped & get the immobiliser "code" copied from the current ignition key to the secondary key? If so where would I go to get the codes copied and swapped (I can swap the barrels & blank keys of the right type are available).
Sorry but never had to deal with coded keys before 🤔
KungFooBob

Re: Keys & transponder codes

Post by KungFooBob »

Any good Key cutters (and Timpsons) should be able to clone a transponder to a new key.

It's it's a Honda with HISS you can program a new transponder to the ECU if you're half handy with the spanners.
Dickyboy

Re: Keys & transponder codes

Post by Dickyboy »

Managed to swap over the ignition barrels at the weekend and got the secondary key to work, looks like I can code the new key in the ignition & a new uncut key arrived today - so just need to find a good locksmith who will cut the key (timpsons will only cut their keys).