What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
the_priest

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by the_priest »

Back in my London office to finish off putting in "safety measures". So lots of "Please keep a safe distance of 2 meters" tape put in at 2m intervals. Easy to do as I am just short of 2m tall, so two steps, bang down more tape..... Bundled up some stationery for delivery to various staff members and sending out someones keyboard and mouse as they left them at in their locker... and the track pad on the laptop is playing up, so this is a quick cheap fix.

Lovely bright day out there and here I am stuck in the office! But I am enjoying the quiet and the music as I can now listen to what ever I like at volume. I get to enjoy a nice ride home, dropping off some stuff for a colleague as she lives a few minutes from me. Also able to take a photo of the Church I am going to be curate at for my college and then I'm sorted for the day. All in all it is looking good.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

You want EXCITING !

Took apart daughter's strimmer. Motor burned out.

Buy daughter new strimmer.

A child is for life, not just for Christmas.
Brian
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

G.P wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:52 pm lots of domestic duties abbreviated by a ride out around Wiltshire and a bit of Berkshire with some very good friends, most of which I hadn;t seen since lockdown. lots of hippy hair styles and white beards since I lst saw some of them.
4 x Ducati Monsters, a '95 VFR750 Honda, on 06 ZX10R and a familiar 690 KTM :thumbup:

So much red!! And Pseudo Ducat's hiding in the mix!!! I have a red bike and could possibly have hidden in there somewhere...
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Finally did the lockdown car clean! 8-)

Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Back to the Peaks.. with my mate this time. 204 miles and this time taking in Holmfirth . Cracking day with great roads and stunning scenery. I do find that when I get to these nice places, I wish I was in the car and shorts and t shirt glad, once moving then bike required.

Lots of bikes, classic cars about. Garage Butties in a lay by, then left at Ladybower, making our way down to Buxton and back along the 54 to Congleton.

Tip...in town, keep your eyes forward and not at the scantily clad. 🥰
Yamaha rocket 3
Fruity

Post by Fruity »

Druid wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:28 pm I went to work for the first time in 10 weeks

If I was off work for ten weeks, I'd forget the code for my locker (it's written on the side of my locker after I couldn't get in it after three weeks off :wtf: :x :oops: :clap: :D )

I've mowed my lawn, weeded the veg patch, taken the eldest to have a pair of specs fitted and him and the middle one after hours to ride their bikes at a local school which has a huge tarmacced netball pitch. That was my day.

Day shift tomorrow, first of two days, two nights. Same old, same old.
Skub

Post by Skub »

hilldweller wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:59 am A child is for life, not just for Christmas.
Ain't that the truth.

My daughter's career involves her adopting a role in officialdom,shall we say. She sprains her ankle running and reverts to a whiny baby! :roll:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Druid

Post by Druid »

Fruity wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:19 pm
Druid wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:28 pm I went to work for the first time in 10 weeks

If I was off work for ten weeks, I'd forget the code for my locker (it's written on the side of my locker after I couldn't get in it after three weeks off :wtf: :x :oops: :clap: :D )
I had forgotten the security code for the door :(
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

We have carded access for entry to the office and a coded lockers & a master key for all lockers... which is under a coded key safe! BUT, I do have that code saved in the password server for the organisation. Amazing how many people will forget their codes when they finally return to the office, and I won't be there to hold their hands and console them. :mrgreen:
cheb

Post by cheb »

Nearly made some jam, it's just got to get to temperature. 3kgs of cheap strawberries today, and the same of raspberries tomorrow if I have enough jars.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Not me, but the wife has only gone and got herself a job.

T'was a Teams interview and they made the offer at the end.

She had met the interviewer previously IRL at a regional IOSH/NEBOSH type thing. As if she doesn't bore me enough with H&S while she was studying it, it's gonna be ten time worse now she working in it!

Quite chuffed, the last year of self imposed austerity can finally end.

Sounds like she's getting a healthy car allowance too, might have a look at new cars online this afternoon :)
Skub

Post by Skub »

Went for my usual 2 hour walk in the morning,back showered and away on the bike until late afternoon. Back and fell asleep sitting in the the back garden. It's hard work being an idle twat.

Lovely chillout day.

I could get used to this great weather. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

I was working (12hrs) but did get to ride to and from work on the KayTeeBoom. It sounds lovely with its very empty akra's.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Last night , Oven was reported to be not working.
At 8.59 this morning it is working.
I'm going to ask if I'm allowed out ???
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Went out in kayaks on the river with the missus.

All well and good until came across mummy swan, daddy swan and 5 cygnets - daddy swan was very defensive and went a bit crazy but eventually got past. On way back saw a few other folks who'd been past who warned us that daddy swan was now very angry - as soon as we got near he just went ape shit, being brave we pulled up on bank! Cue walk through thistle laden field to find a road, walk to where car was and drive to pick up kayaks after dragging across the bloody field again!

Kayaks are off the menu for a while!
636mick

Post by 636mick »

I live across the field from the canal, a pair of swans on there have had 7 babies, now down to 4 due to the other wildlife around. Lots of people going for a look, the parents are ok unless you too close when it’s spits and snarls. Evil bastards when they are angry!!
Mick
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

636mick wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:07 pm I live across the field from the canal, a pair of swans on there have had 7 babies, now down to 4 due to the other wildlife around. Lots of people going for a look, the parents are ok unless you too close when it’s spits and snarls. Evil bastards when they are angry!!
Mick
We are used to them being protective but this fella wanted to go medieval on us, proper nasty bastard 😜
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Epic over the bars highside on the MTB... dead leg, cuts, scrapes and ouchies !!!!

I'll live :)
636mick

Post by 636mick »

I get to pick up swans when they land on a wet motorway thinking it’s a river, to say I always approach them with trepidation would be a massive understatement!!!
Only been bitten once, but man do they have strong beaks and jaws, broke the skin through a heavy reflective jacket, left a massive bruise. Then the bloody thing flew off anyway!
Mick
Last edited by 636mick on Sun May 31, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

weeksy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:13 pm Epic over the bars highside on the MTB... dead leg, cuts, scrapes and ouchies !!!!

I'll live :)
And you do this for fun!!!