Dealers re-opening from the 1st June

Anything you like about motorbikes
weeksy
Site Admin

Dealers re-opening from the 1st June

Post by weeksy »

Just had a mail from my local KTM guys @ Premier Bikes saying they're opening from 1st June as per Gov Guidelines :)

I do need to collect a small part, so will be great, but also it'll be great to see the lads working again and hopefully making a bit of money too.

I won't be dropping my bike off yet for the battery work, i don't think either of us need it right now.... but will be excellent to have use of their services again now.

I'd asssume all dealers will be following the same process too.
2xtwins

Re: Dealers re-opening from the 1st June

Post by 2xtwins »

Did they close completely, Steve?
As you know, I was in Greenham Kawasaki a couple of times last week and, although their showroom was closed,I was able to make an appointment with their sales manager and discuss / look over a bike and do a deal. No test ride offered, or requested by me it must be said, but, other than the social distancing and the way the deal was concluded, business as usual.
Indeed, when I went to collect, it could be argued that their forecourt was just as busy as one would expect on a Friday afternoon. I had to wait around a short while the last appointment finished but that was no biggie.
The workshop was busy too - their foreman said they'd stayed open as they do a lot of key worker business for the emergency services and were certainly doing MOT's.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

They were open for key worker stuff, not sure on sales etc... They were posting out spares.
G.P

Post by G.P »

I get mails from Blade in Swindon - their workshops have been open throughout but all by prior appointment only. It will be nice to be able to have a mooch about in the showroom. My Tiger needs an MOT and service but I didn't want to bother them whilst they have skeleton staff over lockdown..
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Oxford Products are importing 100,000 cotton balaclavas that they intend to pass on to dealers at 'heavily subsidised' prices... this supposedly allows for helmets to be tried on without any coronavirus worries.

I'd be interested to see the science behind that!

I'll be making do with what I've got for a few months...
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:53 pm I'll be making do with what I've got for a few months...
You put one on your head. One on each hand then try the helmet on ?
Brian