The Official Pleasing Purchase Thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
MrLongbeard

Re: The Official Pleasing Purchase Thread

Post by MrLongbeard »

Amazon cheapie, hopefully for a new toy;
MrLongbeard wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:59 pm Well I hope it's pleasing, it should be;

Well that didn't happen, stupid seller tried to hit me up for additional shipping fees so was invited to jog on
ZRX61 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:11 pm
Just bought a similar one, but it also has an oven proof probe that you can leave in the meat while it cooks & it beeps when it reaches whatever temp you set it for. This one:
I've got a 4 channel bluetooth Inkbird jobbie for that kind of stuff
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

MrLongbeard wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:16 am I've got a 4 channel bluetooth Inkbird jobbie for that kind of stuff
Used mine tonight for steak (2min a side in the cast iron skillet on the stove & then into the oven for a few minutes). Stuck the doodad to the fridge door right next to the upper oven. Wasn't expecting it to be accurate enough to display temp increase in .1 or .2deg increments.
Steak was fucking PERFECT & the garlic mashed taters weren't too shabby either.
Well chuffed.
Potter

Post by Potter »

I saw a picture of Prince Phillip in a beige rain coat and I thought by jove that looks smart, so just before the funeral I popped into Burberry and was fitted for a Wimbledon coat, so far I've only worn it twice, once to try it on and once again after their tailor had adjusted it for me to see that it fitted correctly. It's been in my wardrobe ever since just hanging there looking lovely, but it's a very nice coat and I just thought I'd mention it.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Potter wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:48 am I saw a picture of Prince Phillip in a beige rain coat and I thought by jove that looks smart, so just before the funeral I popped into Burberry and was fitted for a Wimbledon coat, so far I've only worn it twice, once to try it on and once again after their tailor had adjusted it for me to see that it fitted correctly. It's been in my wardrobe ever since just hanging there looking lovely, but it's a very nice coat and I just thought I'd mention it.
Need the matching hat :)

Potter

Post by Potter »

Yorick wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:07 pm
There is a little bit of that pattern behind the collar but you can only see it if you wear the collar up and no one does that really, so you wouldn't know.
In my quest for one I found that Burberry made a nicer coat than any made by anyone else, the gaberdine is very nice to feel and the lining is top notch.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Just got a bargain on a telly :)

Been looking for a 75" telly for a while, but my anxiety always kicks in and I can't choose. Had a few helpful staff showing proper stuff on the screen instead of the built-in demo stuff, but some didn't even seem as good as our 3 year old 55" Philips.

They're all above €1.000 but the 3 main shops keep dropping a few under the 1k mark. So nip down and get overwhelmed again and cone home pissed off :(

Went into one of the shops late Friday and they had one at €404. That's a third of original price.

When I got home I Googled and it came up cool on the reviews.
So up Saturday early, but shopping centre was closed as it was labour day. Bugger.

Same again today, but they were open. Nice lass showed us the telly and it was last one.
Bought it.

Great to save a few bob, but also great to have the choice made for me.

Free delivery manana :)
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

There's a new Asian shop opened in my local high street. Not only do they have a big deli-style counter selling loads of take away curreies, etc. but they also sell Indian desserts by Taaza Sweets. Possibly the sickliest, stickiest, most-syrupy desserts ever.

I bloody love 'em. Must stop going there as, by Christ, they're laden with calories.

https://taazasweets.co.uk/collections/sweets

Gulab Jaman. Mmmmmm. :banana-dance:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Yorick wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:43 am Just got a bargain on a telly :)

Been looking for a 75" telly for a while, but my anxiety always kicks in and I can't choose. Had a few helpful staff showing proper stuff on the screen instead of the built-in demo stuff, but some didn't even seem as good as our 3 year old 55" Philips.

They're all above €1.000 but the 3 main shops keep dropping a few under the 1k mark. So nip down and get overwhelmed again and cone home pissed off :(

Went into one of the shops late Friday and they had one at €404. That's a third of original price.

So up Saturday early, but shopping centre was closed as it was labour day. Bugger.

Same again today, but they were open. Nice lass showed us the telly and it was last one.
Bought it.

The box it came in was bloody huge. I felt unwell, so Pen greeted them. They unpacked it and set it all up.

Still getting used to it and it's growing on me. Superb on 4K stuff, but some lesser stuff struggles to upscale.

Penny joked that it's an inch wider than she is tall :D
20210504_162858.jpg
20210504_162858.jpg (774.48 KiB) Viewed 789 times
Horse

Post by Horse »

Pah! You've got space for a bigger one! :D

AAMOI, how far away from it are you sat?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Is it sat on a surf board?? It looks a bit uneven on that shelf, the shelf needs to go 2.4 inches to the left!!
Looks brilliant, if I put that in my living room I would need to sit in the garden to see the whole screen!!
Mick.
G.P

Post by G.P »

gremlin wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:45 am This: Image

Noticed one of the headlights on the Merc had a bit of delamination cropping up, so bought said kit. 10 minutes per headlight, starting with the 800 and working up until you get to the pad and compound. Having it on a drill makes light work of it. Workes so well and was so easy I did the neighbour's son's Golf as his were far worse than mine and I'm just a nice guy. I wish I'd taken before and after photos, just so that I could bore people with them. :lol:

Only downside is there's a lot of spatter. Dustsheets over the engine and wings would have saved a fair bit of cleaning up.
Just what I need for the headlights on the mighty Elgrand, Thanks :thumbup: :thumbup:
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

My old coffee maker has given up the ghost so its replacement should land tomorrow,

https://www.sageappliances.com/uk/en/pr ... dc450.html

Potter

Post by Potter »

Yorick wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:29 pm
20210504_162858.jpg
Happy days, it needs to go on the wall though, that board looks like it's struggling under the weight, you don't want to wake up in the night to a crashing sound.
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Bought it.

The box it came in was bloody huge. I felt unwell, so Pen greeted them. They unpacked it and set it all up.

Still getting used to it and it's growing on me. Superb on 4K stuff, but some lesser stuff struggles to upscale.

20210504_162858.jpg
You need to treat it to some decent AV furniture. Spectral do a nice range... https://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/bra ... ange-brick
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Nidge wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:27 am

Bought it.

20210504_162858.jpg
You need to treat it to some decent AV furniture. Spectral do a nice range... https://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/bra ... ange-brick
LOL stop it now... i might wet myself.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Horse wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:08 pm Pah! You've got space for a bigger one! :D

AAMOI, how far away from it are you sat?
14'
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

636mick wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:24 pm Is it sat on a surf board?? It looks a bit uneven on that shelf, the shelf needs to go 2.4 inches to the left!!
Looks brilliant, if I put that in my living room I would need to sit in the garden to see the whole screen!!
Mick.
It's only temporary ;)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Potter wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:02 am
20210504_162858.jpg
Happy days, it needs to go on the wall though, that board looks like it's struggling under the weight, you don't want to wake up in the night to a crashing sound.
We want it on the ground, so we can swing it to the right about 10' to make the viewing angle perfect when the guys come round Sundays for MotoGP :)

Need a huge cabinet I can fit some wheels to.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Nidge wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:27 am

Bought it.

20210504_162858.jpg
I see they do part-ex. Will they take my wooden board?
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Yorick wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:42 am
Potter wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:02 am
20210504_162858.jpg
We want it on the ground, so we can swing it to the right about 10' to make the viewing angle perfect when the guys come round Sundays for MotoGP :)

Need a huge cabinet I can fit some wheels to.
You can get wall mounts that will pivot.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/tv-brackets/1418312/
Last edited by wheelnut on Wed May 05, 2021 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.