Open face lids and Sunglasses..

Anything you like about motorbikes
Alan PBTD

Open face lids and Sunglasses..

Post by Alan PBTD »

We're still hopeful about getting to Toulouse in July so the missus has been out on the Harley a few times and is getting on very well. Just been up to the Cotswolds for an overnight stay, a round trip of some 350 miles. Helen did very well and is quite confident on the bike.

She doesn't like a full face helmet so has chosen a very nice Spada Open face with a flip down visor. The only thing is she finds it a bit drafty on her eyes - to the extent they were quite ichy by Sunday night / Monday morning. She had a go with my ''Ugly Fish'' glasses and found them Ok but obviously too big. Likewise my Aviator goggles - which i find mint - but again too big and she likes the flip down visor.

So the question is does anyone know of a suitable make of ''padded'' ''Ladies'' glasses on the market ? at not too shabby price ? I've looked at the Wiley X Harley ones. I keep saying to her she's just going to have to try some different ones with her helmet on but it's hard finding decent stockists. Don't mind travelling a bit as hopefully we'l be able to get away again soon.

Not fussed what label is on them as I'm more concerned about the fit.

ta
Scuffmark

Re: Open face lids and Sunglasses..

Post by Scuffmark »

I've used Bolle tracker safety glasses when trail riding. There padded around the inside edge and cut most if not all of the wind blast. Whether they'd fit a ladies head I can't answer but there not badly priced at £10>£15
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

I was going to say Dirty Dog as I had a pair many many moons ago, but a quick look see and it appears as though they don't do padded ones any longer.
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

I use Fat Skeleton, padded and rectalite and good service. Thoroughly recommended https://www.fat-skeleton.co.uk/collections/eyewear
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

What about the Leon Janet range? When I had my Sportster a lot of men and women used these.
https://the-cafe-racer.com/brands/aviator-goggles
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Cheers Guys - picked up some Harley Ladies ones and had some Ugly Fish versions delivered today ( and fair play to Fowlers in Bristol for the service ) so will have spin out over the weekend and see how she gets on. At the moment the Fish is favorite so we'll see.
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Sorry missed something - Taipan - I've had a pair of Leon Janet's for years and the're brill - decent fit / very comfortable / good vision and a good ''seal.'' Frame rubbers are beginning to go now tho' but I've worn them in all weathers. Can't believe the price of them now....so mine will have to last a bit longer.
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

A bit late now, but if she doesn't like full face lids, maybe for next time. How about trying the 'flip over' like the Shark Evoline?

That way you get the wind-blocking benefit of the flip over section and visor on a long fast run, but the open face effect when the chin piece is flipped right over. They are dual-tested, and imo better balanced than a standard flip front when open.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills