Anything you like about motorbikes
weeksy
Site Admin

RAW: A MOTO GUZZI LE MANS CAFE RACER FROM BERLIN

Post by weeksy »

Dickyboy

Re: RAW: A MOTO GUZZI LE MANS CAFE RACER FROM BERLIN

Post by Dickyboy »

I do like a Guzzi cafe racer, there's nothing too radical there, not sure about the slight case of drillium though 🤔
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Quite like the look of that, needs airfilter/airbox but other than that it looks fine.
Only had a very brief go on a Le Mans, can't remember any significant details apart from the heavy throttle.
I imagine I'd enjoy getting used to one though, old style roll throttle on for faster, roll it off to slow down as opposed to going up and down through the gears like a barefooted man stamping a tab out.
porter_jamie

Post by porter_jamie »

Love the turbine blade baffles in the exhaust. Don't like the modern looking 4 pots. Ought to have period looking Brembo 2 pots. The headlight looks a bit too small as well
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

porter_jamie wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:14 pm Love the turbine blade baffles in the exhaust. Don't like the modern looking 4 pots. Ought to have period looking Brembo 2 pots. The headlight looks a bit too small as well
Dunno, those Brembo Goldlines 4 pots have been around for yonks and I remember them being on Ducati 851s in about 86 or so and I'm pretty sure they weren't new then.
I'm pretty sure they were making Guzzi Le Mans after then (into the 90s?) so technically its still period even though likely an upgrade.

Damn nearly every Ducati bad them on for a few years and stuff like KTM Dukes as well.
Popular upgrade for a lot of bikes.
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

Like the wheels, and and like that its done on a later "square fin" rather than round fin. Look like chrome Lafranconi exhausts.
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

demographic wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:20 pm Quite like the look of that, needs airfilter/airbox but other than that it looks fine.
Only had a very brief go on a Le Mans, can't remember any significant details apart from the heavy throttle.
I imagine I'd enjoy getting used to one though, old style roll throttle on for faster, roll it off to slow down as opposed to going up and down through the gears like a barefooted man stamping a tab out.
I can... the completely useless front brake... the first time I had to stop behind a car as it pulled up for a changing traffic light I nearly shat myself... fortunately, I also trod on the rear brake and remembered it worked one of the front discs.

And then there was the box of false neutrals... first neutral second neutral third neutral etc... and the same on the way back down.

But... I loved it ;)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills