What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Pirahna

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Pirahna »

formula400 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:42 am 1/2 through cleaning the house for another viewing
Good luck. Ours goes back on the market this week.

I'm not looking forward to this morning. An 80 mile drive with wifey so we can argue about the inside colours of the van conversion, achieve nothing, then drive 80 miles home.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Am now in isolation. Hung the washing up, cleared the dishwasher, put washing machine back on at 90C wash to clear it out and give it a chance to get really hot with no load.

Working on a reflection for the Bishop, due in two weeks. Another assignment in a month and a reflection a week after that.

Getting ready to have my hand sorted, but won't be able to touch type for around 6 weeks, possibly longer, so that is annoying! I am hopeless and one hand typing, it saps my energy badly.

About to have a drink of lovely Monsoon Malabar coffee, my treat for the morning and then into online prayers at 10am.

Compline tonight using a Celtic liturgy which is very simple but beautiful in its poetic expressions.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

the_priest wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:51 am Am now in isolation.

Getting ready to have my hand sorted, but won't be able to touch type for around 6 weeks, possibly longer, so that is annoying! I am hopeless and one hand typing, it saps my energy badly.

Isolation ? Hand fixed ?

Wassup?
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Pirahna wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:20 am
formula400 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:42 am 1/2 through cleaning the house for another viewing
Good luck. Ours goes back on the market this week.

I'm not looking forward to this morning. An 80 mile drive with wifey so we can argue about the inside colours of the van conversion, achieve nothing, then drive 80 miles home.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: good luck fella
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Horse

Post by Horse »

the_priest wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:51 am
Investigate voice input. It may require 'training', but could help at least in getting ideas out of your head.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Horse

Post by Horse »

In Word 365, Home menu, top right in the banner, 'Dictate'.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Yorick wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:55 am
the_priest wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:51 am Am now in isolation.

Isolation ? Hand fixed ?

Wassup?
Snapped tendons in my middle finger left hand has caused it to stay bent. So I cannot express my thoughts to other drivers clearly... happened over two years ago, corona virus and lousy GP intervention meant big delays in getting it fixed. What was a simple procedure is now cut tendons and a steel pin down the middle of my finger for two weeks or so.... not looking forward to it, but also need to be able to use my hand more effectively!

Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Booked me tickets :)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2720

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

She in concert then?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:12 pm She in concert then?
She's singing on the ferry :)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:31 pm
gremlin wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:12 pm She in concert then?
She's singing on the ferry :)
Christ, is she still going!? She must be older than your jokes! :lol:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Just had to cut a ring off Mrs M's finger. I think she broke more than her elbow falling out the back door last week, her hand and fingers are decidedly swollen and there was no way the ring was coming off (tried elevation, cooling and lube.....no smutty comments please, but to no avail). Hero and villain in one job. Hospital driver tomorrow taking her to fracture clinic for more X-rays.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:12 pm Just had to cut a ring off Mrs M's finger. I think she broke more than her elbow falling out the back door last week, her hand and fingers are decidedly swollen and there was no way the ring was coming off (tried elevation, cooling and lube.....no smutty comments please, but to no avail). Hero and villain in one job. Hospital driver tomorrow taking her to fracture clinic for more X-rays.
UBI?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Went down to the valley early to pick something up at Decathlon - then realised it wasn't open till 1300 :roll:

Went to get some beansprouts to make chinese food tonight and a sandwich as forgot to have breakfast!! LOL - then to a friend to drop something off and get a cuppa with them, but they weren't home so left the stuff and went to sit and read till physio!

Mini meltdown in the physio - my brain has definitely been struggling!! But hopefully it'll sort itself out soon!

Decathlon - stopped halfway up the mountain for a cuppa with a mate then came home.

Had a lovely chat with a friend I've not seen or spoken to for 3 years. The lunatic is moving to the uk to work :o !!!

Then a really long chat with my bro - we have similar screwed up brains so always good to chat

Cooked chinese takeaway food and am now looking at my teeny tiny kitchen and the chaos that it is and contemplating cleaning it tomorrow!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had some new rads fitted and an outside tap. :) Also found out the guy will go to my Step Mothers are service her boiler and sort the safety certificates for the Council etc. Having been fucked about by other boiler engineers, i'm very pleased to know he'll do this for me and I know an appointment with him will be kept. One less hassle, well two actually as I also reinstated the window cleaner. Now if I could just find a Gardner...
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Sold the mountain bike that I bought 2 weeks ago. It wa just a bit too big for me so I’ve had it on Gumtree.

I’d just about given up on selling it and had ordered road tyres for it intending to use it for running about.

Then I got a message at 9 tonight wanting to come see it. So it’s gone and I even made 50 quid on it.

I just hope I’ve cancelled the tyres in time now.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Having steak for dinner, just some $6 cheapie, it's about 1 1/2in thick :)

formula400

Post by formula400 »

Not much yet, waiting for the car to be cleaned
Attachments
DFCDA347-FAAF-4FDD-BC95-8D3DE67711C2.jpeg
DFCDA347-FAAF-4FDD-BC95-8D3DE67711C2.jpeg (247.69 KiB) Viewed 663 times
CBR650r :mrgreen:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Had hole drilled in tooth (again), dentist emptied out bleaching agent he'd put in there for the last 5 weeks and is happy with the now sterilised root canal hole. Hole plugged, refilled and x rayed. There's a void in the filling so its back in a months time to sort that out. 🙁
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

gremlin wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:32 pm Me and the missus went to see friends we made a year ago when we were put in touch with them as they were shielding. Lovely couple, he turned 80 recently and she's 73, both younger than their years.
During lockdown last year he had another heart attack which left him in ICU, but being ex-RN he battled back, only to discover through some random tests that he had terminal cancer centred around his spine.
He was in good spirits, albeit a bit dazed and rambling at times. He was also wearing a harness to support his head as his spine is getting weaker. He talked at length about arranging a birthday party for his wife in July and how he was planning a fundraiser for the British Legion in the summer too.
In the kitchen his wife told us they had given him a month, two tops but he's determined to defy the odds.
Tough old bugger. :(
He was so pleased we came around and insisted we come back for an evening and drink some rum together.
Never did get around to drink rum with him. Peter died today.

If you have some rum, raise a glass of it for an old sailor and top bloke.