What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
636mick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by 636mick »

Lovely bikes, went to the factory on mine and loved nearly every minute. Now join the Ducati Forum, you thought TRC was bad! Lots of bolt ons for sale on there plus lots and lots of info.
Mick
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Tricky wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:07 am I went food shopping on the bike today, didn't manage to get everything on the list, but it was a good day as I ended up buying this while I was out :)

Low mileage, freshly serviced and has obviously been pampered- I've kicked its tyres and sat on it ( Love the big wide bars ) fiddled with the buttons, revved it up, and made brmm brmm noises, but that's as far as my MutiStrada experience goes so far. Am picking it up Wednesday, so more info to come then.
I've already ordered a smaller sportier-looking screen, the ( mandatory for my road bikes) black-backed 8x6, chances are there might be one or two carbon fibre whatnots purchased over the next few days too.
As old-man tourer bikes go, I think MTSs are lookers, roll on Wednesday!
Blimey, I usually only have things like milk, bread and veg on the list, not a motorcycle! :o Looks great! :D

Might as well spend money though. It’ll be worth nothing soon. Race to the bottom on savings interest rates!
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Been for a run. First time in about 3 weeks since my foot op. Been cycling on a trainer in the interim but I'm a bit lazy on that. Now I'm knackered and my knees don't work. Never mind. I'll have another go tomorrow. What do they say? Practice makes perfect!! I hope so.
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Washed the bike again. Been working since quite early in the morning on support issues, so now it is time to relax and have some green tea.

Also submitted my assignment and am pleased as I only have one left now! Woohoo! Nearly there.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

My super scoot, an old 400 Burgman that I bought as a non runner has only gone and passed its MOT!!! No one was more surprised than me. On arrival at the garage the exhaust casing was smoking like a bugger! We decided there was no leaks anywhere so probably through standing for a long while. On the trip home it was fine.
Strange riding position, may take some getting used to yet.
Really pleased, just need to tax it now as the DVLA haven’t yet sent me the log book.
Mick, happy!!!
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

tootled up the road to Helmsley today did a circuit of the market place and rode straight home nice to be out on the bike again, had to sit behind a police van through The dale sticking to 50mph even in the sixty (Not enough margin for an overtake without getting a lecture so stayed behind)
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Got the bicycle out (old school single speed flattracker style with moustache bars). Bottom bracket bearings are fooked. :(
So off out in a bit to source replacements.
CbfRider

Post by CbfRider »

Today is a holiday here in Sweden so basically I went exploring again and did this:
route.JPG
route.JPG (167.06 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
Sweden has a lot of single track gravel roads so got to enjoy some interesting driving on those :D
Offroad.jpg
Offroad.jpg (393.2 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
But as ever, the country and its scenery are just outstandingly beautiful. Taken at Lake Sommen at Lomsviken.
Sommen1.jpg
Sommen1.jpg (234.58 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

Made a camera helmet mount.

All I had were flat mounts. So......

Put sellotape on helmet where pad is going.

Rip sticky tape off pad and rough it up.

Apply layer of PP Chemical Metal.

Squeeze on to helmet. Wait. Peel off, perfect fit. Trim edges.

Apply a new 3M sticky pad.

Sorted.
Brian
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Had a lovey legal BBQ for the bike lads and their lovely ladies :)

We had planned a Spain outing in late summer, but that might be off, so we agreed a plan B, which is a 2 week plan of all our islands. And 2 of the lads added their names, so will be 7 of us :)

But more importantly, we all agreed that in 2021, we're heading to Croatia. Oh yes :)

I've made friends here beyond my wildest dreams.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Started to dismantle the old pergola. A few days ago I attacked a bit with the orbital sander and lovely wood underneath. So started stripping a few pieces that I'll use for the new pergola over the salana. Save buying new wood and save more than a few sheckles :)

Thirsty work. Now heading to town to meet pals for drinkies :)
20200523_111458_resized.jpg
20200523_111458_resized.jpg (313.59 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
20200523_113214_resized.jpg
20200523_113214_resized.jpg (193.81 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
20200523_130940_resized.jpg
20200523_130940_resized.jpg (390.84 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Gave myself a haircut, went for a roof down trip to the village shop, then the long way home, now sat in the garden ordering the decking as the company I originally ordered from are a shower of crap who seem to think it’s ok to put 2 weeks delivery across their website but not be able deliver for over 5 weeks!!
Mick.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Removed my UFO Ghibli headlight unit off my KX, put a LED H4 bulb in there instead of the 35 Watt Halogen it had which should free up a few electrons.
Not checked beam spread yet but it will do for what I need I reckon.
Got a dead Hitachi cordless drill I plan on butchering for its slide in battery holder which means I'll be able to use 5 Ah cordless batteries for the lights. Means its 18 volts but the headlight copes with 8-80 volts if the packaging is to be believed.
I'm bombing the lighting coil right off, it never performed quite how I wanted and single phase to half wave rectified current was never as good as a proper roadbikes three phase generator.
Headlights were always the problem on conversions and I'm hoping this is just simpler with less wiring to dick about with.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Ragged the XR.

Next stop Canada.

It's a long time since I rode a bike that slows down when you change up into top gear. 65mph with the wind, 50mph into it.
G.P

Post by G.P »

lots of domestic duties abbreviated by a ride out around Wiltshire and a bit of Berkshire with some very good friends, most of which I hadn;t seen since lockdown. lots of hippy hair styles and white beards since I lst saw some of them.
4 x Ducati Monsters, a '95 VFR750 Honda, on 06 ZX10R and a familiar 690 KTM :thumbup:

Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Cleaned chain... Bike on centre stand, rags under chain run, chain brush and paraffin in jar, Lube and wd40 for back wheel cleaning to finish.

Tip...Don't leave chain brush in jar of paraffin for too many months. 😟👎
Yamaha rocket 3
cheb

Post by cheb »

Ragged the XR 20 miles to the south island. It's still dog slow and gutless, I reckon taking the baffles out of the exhaust will be good for another 10mph.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Rode the Dullville to the station, went on the train to Norwich, came back and clutch took a shit on the way home 💩.
Went out and played tennis for an hour, home and a 30min ride on the Peloton.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

mixing a short film whats known as a LO/no money project, you're always promised the full length one when it doe well but they rarely ever turn up :thumbdown: some thing to do though so good really.
Druid

Post by Druid »

I went to work for the first time in 10 weeks