Harley-Davidson to be hit with 56% EU tariff

Anything you like about motorbikes
The Spin Doctor

Harley-Davidson to be hit with 56% EU tariff

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Dropped into my newsfeed overnight.

The Economic Ministry of Belgium notified Harley-Davidson that its tariff status has changed, effective from June this year. This has changed because the EU has revoked its Binding Origin Information (BOI) credentials, with immediate effect.

HD have already said they will launch an immediate appeal.

I'll do some digging about what BOI actually is and report on my Elevenses webcast tomorrow.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeltay ... ll-appeal/
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Mr Moofo

Re: Harkey-Davidson to be hit with 56% EU tariff

Post by Mr Moofo »

Hmmm, I guess Ducati, BMW and KTM better start ramping down US production (unless they are making them there)
The Spin Doctor

Re: Harkey-Davidson to be hit with 56% EU tariff

Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:27 am Hmmm, I guess Ducati, BMW and KTM better start ramping down US production (unless they are making them there)
I don't know if the Trump-inspired protectionist trade tariff on EU products has yet been revoked. H-D were on the EU's list for retaliatory strikes.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
The Spin Doctor

Re: Harley-Davidson to be hit with 56% EU tariff

It IS the Trump tariffs... more here - https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/eu-hit ... -04-19?amp
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

I just assumed it was an axle weight based tarif.
Seen here looking svelte like a gazelle.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Will this affect the Thai bikes or only the US built ones?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

demographic wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:36 pm I just assumed it was an axle weight based tarif.
Must have been a gazelle that's been to the chip shop. The tyres look flat :banana-dance:
The Spin Doctor

Bigjawa wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:53 pm Will this affect the Thai bikes or only the US built ones?
AFAIK it's ALL H-D's bikes wherever they come from.
The Spin Doctor

Yorick wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:54 pm
demographic wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:36 pm I just assumed it was an axle weight based tarif.
Must have been a gazelle that's been to the chip shop. The tyres look flat :banana-dance:
Maybe they were just trying to get it standing more upright for the photo shoot.