Portimao 29-31 May 2021. RTTL Extravaganza

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Dodgy69

Re: Portimao 29-31 May 2021. RTTL Extravaganza

Post by Dodgy69 »

Is it a Gun or Taser.??
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dodgy knees wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:43 pm Is it a Gun or Taser.??
As long as i shoot first, i don't care :)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I got this email yesterday...

May and June European Events update

Dear Customer

As usual we have all been left wondering where we can actually travel to and under what rules and from when. The promise of more information by the 12th of April from our government has as so often been the case failed to materialise and now we are being told it will be in two to three weeks we will be given the details of travel.

We are in constant discussions with the circuits regarding the ever changing situation.

As I am sure you will appreciate we cannot make a decision on any particular event too early or too late. Therefore we will be making a decision on our Portimao event on the 29th May after the Government publishes the lists of where we can travel to and under what restrictions, from that point forward we will also hopefully be in a much better position going forward regarding all our other events in June and onwards, although this is likely to be around four weeks before each event should we need to make any further postponements. With all that in mind, until we know otherwise, all our trips from the 29th May onwards will still be scheduled to take place.

On another subject, there has been plenty of discussions going on about the implications of Brexit and the requirements for Carnets etc. As of yet we have not published any information on this. We have been in long discussions, which are still ongoing, with the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce trying to reduce the cost for everyone. I am aware that another Trackday Operator has already announced that the cost is likely to be in the region of £35-£40 per person but as I said we are trying to get that figure reduced. As soon as we have a firm answer from them we will of course inform everyone.

Best Regards

Mark Neate
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Ah apologies, i forgot you were not on our Whatsapp. I knew there was a reason this thread was here.

We discussed this last night and decided it was sodding useless. The Gov said their list of countries will be 'early May' that's then potentially 2-3 weeks before we would fly... I don't see that going well. We don't have Carnet stuff, we don't have insurance for repatriation, we don't have things like hire car, airport parking.

Currently Portugal are on the up wave again and in particular the region we were travelling to. They're about to cross the threshold that will move them back to lockdown and the R rate over 1.0 already, it's not going to go well.
https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/20 ... eeks/59308

With all this in mind, the likely yellow perspective meaning 10 days isolation at home after the trip (or worse if it goes red), we as a family have decided to pull the plug and not attend this one now.

It's a a proper stinger and i'm sitting here fighting back the tears, honestly... But it's the right thing for all 3 of us, even if it's not the right thing for you guys here...

So we're out, done and we're making alternative plans locally for MTB riding and hopefully Burgundy in August and Morzine.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Interestingly the week before us is below email from NL
Portimao 21-23 May Update
Dear Customer

Once again we have been promised firm information from our Government by yesterday regarding travel and as usual the ball has been kicked down the road somewhat. With the Government now saying that full details of restrictions and what countries will be effected will not be forth coming for another two to three weeks, this gets very close to the loading for this event which will be on Saturday 14th May.

We have taken the decision that the event WILL go ahead as planned, however, we are offering everyone the choice to take a credit note instead which is valid for twelve months or to move to any other European event with availability. If this is something you would like to take up, we will need a reply from our customers by email by 4pm Monday the 19th April. After this date our normal terms and conditions regarding cancellations will apply.

We do have Portimao events in September and November which at present are being held back for just this situation:

3 - 5 September
10 - 12 September
5 -7 November
19 - 21 November
As I am sure everyone knows there has been a lot of discussions and comments regarding transportations and the costs of Carnets etc. post Brexit. To this point we have been in discussions with the Chamber of Commerce for a long period of time trying to get the rates reduced for everyone and I would like to assure you that this is still on going.

We will of course update everyone as soon as we have more information available.

Once again our deepest apologies for any inconvenience this may course but I am sure you would agree that this is completely out of our control.

Best regards
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

What's the deal with refunds?

Do we cancel or wait for them?

Will it be cash or credit? Transferable?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Currently no refunds on offer.

So i'd wait for them. It's arguable under CV19 rules that we don't have to accept a credit but can force a refund.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coro ... 20pandemic.

I'm not sure how enforceable it is from either our side to request it or from their side to have to issue it.

But at the end of the day, i don't want to see NL go belly up because i ask for a refund.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Going by the fact that the event one week before ours has been given credit options, next week we should get ours. 🤷‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Definitely don't cancel - well I guess unless they force the issues with asking for the rest of the payment

If you hold fire and they have to cancel then the onus is on them to provide a refund or credit

It's absolutely gutting for you guys that a decision can't be made by the TDO and have it all sorted and clear. Although, since I'm Little Miss Cynical nowadays, I'd guess that the later they make their decision, the more likely people will cancel so less will want a credit/refund :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:45 am Currently no refunds on offer.

So i'd wait for them. It's arguable under CV19 rules that we don't have to accept a credit but can force a refund.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coro ... 20pandemic.

I'm not sure how enforceable it is from either our side to request it or from their side to have to issue it.

But at the end of the day, i don't want to see NL go belly up because i ask for a refund.
Out of curiosity, how would you feel about one of the September dates if it were offered to us and would it fit in with the boy and schooling ?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I think 3-5 sept may work from a school context along with being Fri, Sat, Sun so good fit taking days leave.

Without yet having spoken to Ceri about it, I think it'd fly for us yes.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:41 pm I think 3-5 sept may work from a school context along with being Fri, Sat, Sun so good fit taking days leave.

She has been at the pub this afternoon so will be right with it 😉
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:57 pm
weeksy wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:41 pm I think 3-5 sept may work from a school context along with being Fri, Sat, Sun so good fit taking days leave.

She has been at the pub this afternoon so will be right with it 😉
She is indeed fine with it. We're happy, let's see what the masses say.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:02 pm
She is indeed fine with it. We're happy, let's see what the masses say.
As Govt said today the "traffic light" list wont be released until early May then hopefully NL will give us the option to credit or move dates as well within the next week or so <fingers crossed smilie> ;)
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

I’ll be asking for a refund if offered, was only doing this for weeksys birthday. No desire to do any more and no suitable bike either 👍
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

So here's the reply from No Limits regarding the suggestion of the 3-5th Sept idea.
Hi Steve

We actually have not cancelled the event the week before. The trip on the 21st May will be going ahead.

I know the reports that Portugal is worried about another round of restrictions and the reports on Portimao. It is a nightmare out there from a media point of view, I notice the articles yesterday on the UK entering a catastrophic third wave shortly. Some times I think they should just cut to the chase and tell us the world will explode next Tuesday as all anyone is interested in is doom and gloom.

As much as I would like to agree to you all moving to the 3rd to 5th September at this early stage, we are in the position where the circuit has made it quite clear if they are open and Portugal do not restrict us entering, then we are liable for the full cost with no discussion. It will be the case as happened last year that if our glorious government do announce they will allow travel to Portugal then flights will instantly become available.

As you know we have been moving people to our September events from already postponed Portimao trips, but I can tell you that not many have gone for the 3rd to the 5th September. That weekend is still wide open and we will have no problem moving your party in two or three weeks time.

So if you can bear with us Steve during these testing times and hopefully we will all get some more positive news in a couple of weeks.

Regards

Mark
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Another couple of weeks of kicking the can down the road then :mrgreen:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

mutter mutter, grumble, wankers....

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/20 ... imao/59397

As the majority of Portugal moves into the third phase of easing of lockdown, four counties will see measures reversed back to phase 1 while seven others will remain in phase 2.
Prime Minister António Costa said that the new rules would in into place “as of Monday”.

The municipalities of Moura, Odemira, Portimão and Rio Maior have all registered an incidence rate of cases of Covid-19 above 240 per 100,000 inhabitants in the last 14 days. This means that all of these municipalities will now return to phase 1 of lockdown – leading to the closure of terraces once again.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Trouble with these traffic lights is that they keep changing colour. 🙈
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Just for clarity for Yorick then.... Me and the wife are not going now. We had our flight changed by Easyjet once again, for the 3rd time, which added even more complexity, but it was only the end because it suited in terms of them offering us a refund. So we took the refund and we're now officially not going.

As to when we will go, i can't answer that at the moment. But we will be doing a Euro in the next year or so... but where and who with, i don't know.