What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

Woohooo - started the transit :banana-wrench: (Sadly, I think the reason it didn't start on Weds was that I didn't have the power pack plugged in properly :roll: )

Just waiting for a mate to come up as he's going to drive it for me (serious lack of power steering fluid so I'm not going to risk it - needs two strong arms!!)

At least once it's parked outside and the weather is dry, I can get under it and try and work out where the leak is coming from!! Hopefully!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ogri

Post by ogri »

Wossname wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:15 pm Today I.......

.....ended up in hospital. Chest pain a few days ago, "apparently" a repeat of pericarditis symptoms I've had a couple of times before which was confirmed as such at the time. On this occasion tho, ecg and bloods pointed in a different direction, so here I am in a cardio ward, awaiting an angiogram and whatever follows. That's a surprise. Lucky I didn't just assume I knew what it was, again. Onwards/upwards.
Good luck, dont forget to make the nurses smile :)
Ignorance is bliss
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

Things are brighter today...when I came in, it was to Acute Medical and the 6 bed ward was full of really sick people. I'm feeling OK so felt a bit of a fraud as I was so much fitter than any of them. Some very sad, difficult situations. Today I'm on Cardio and it's much more optimistic - everyone is in for treatments which will hopefully greatly improve their situation and send them back to a normal ish life. Hopefully....
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

GWS

I cooked a huge fry up for me and my colleagues this morning, I’m now the FAT controller!
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Wossname wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:54 am Things are brighter today...when I came in, it was to Acute Medical and the 6 bed ward was full of really sick people. I'm feeling OK so felt a bit of a fraud as I was so much fitter than any of them. Some very sad, difficult situations. Today I'm on Cardio and it's much more optimistic - everyone is in for treatments which will hopefully greatly improve their situation and send them back to a normal ish life. Hopefully....
GWS - hope they fix you and get you home soon x
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Getting my first pfizer covid shot today. I have the PeRFECT shirt to wear...

ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

All done, totally painless.
Guy goes over everything & then says "Any questions?"

Me: "What's the cube of 27?"

His eyeballs got really big & he took a moment to recover. Then he just cracked up laughing.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Had some blood drawn for a variety of lab tests. I also was given a kit to collect a sample to see if I may have Helicobacter pylori, a potential explanation for the interesting noises and pains originating in my gut. A plastic "hat" to shit in, just don't include any piss. And a pair of rubber gloves and small bottle with a spoon incorporated in the cap. Joy.

I also got my second COVID jab, the Pfizer variety. The first one caused some discomfort in my shoulder that was barely noticeable. This one appears to be slightly worse. Very slightly.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bwana wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:18 amI also got my second COVID jab, the Pfizer variety. The first one caused some discomfort in my shoulder that was barely noticeable. This one appears to be slightly worse. Very slightly.
Fauci already making noises about needing a booster shot after 6 months or so. My CDC vaccine card has space for four shots..
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Persistent doorbell ringing & door knocking at 10.30.. wtf? where's my gun...
Turn on the outside lights & there the neighbors 90yo mom who had locked herself out of the house while she was in the garage. No other family members anywhere near.
I go investigate.. simply pry off this piece of door frame trim & slide a thin blade in there to pop the lock...standing there for 10 minutes trying all sorts of tools to separate the trim from the rest of the frame.
Except her late son in law had put enough fucking screws in the door frame to withstand a 9.0 quake.
Bugger... :thumbdown:
Roomie comes over & the pair of them try to contact the homeowner via FB so she can call the granddaughter to come over with her key.
Take flash light & go investigate if any windows & sliding patio doors are unlocked...
Double bugger. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Get all the way around to the far side/opposite corner of the house & there's a door.... & it's unlocked WooT!! walk into house.
Damn near got lost in the maze trying to get back to the garage from inside. As I walk through the kitchen there are MOUNTAINS of creampuffs that look incredible. Turns out the 90yo mom stays up half the night cooking.
I walk into the garage from the house via the previously locked door. The mom & roomie are standing outside the side door to the garage.
Roomie "Where did you come from?" :?

I'm now the hero of the moment & on her creampuff list 8-)
Roomie as we walk back to the house: "I didn't realize you were a burglar" :shifty:
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Pirahna wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:51 am
formula400 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:10 am tell me about it, we are trying to limit it to people who have sold/have a offer on there house, or cash buyers. I hate this part of it.
We put the house on the market at the end of September, traditionally the worst time to sell, covid had made it unpredictable. The house is grade 2 listed with low ceilings and one very low beam, it's lovely but you need to be looking for this type of property, we fully expected and got plenty of sight seers, people the agent should have been filtering out. The agent is Mullucks, a reasonably well know firm. The last viewing was a couple of weeks ago, the people said that the office appeared to be unmanned and it had taken them 3 weeks to arrange a viewing. Wondering what was going on we asked my sister-in-law to phone up and ask for a viewing. She left an answerphone message and was called back 3 days later. She was given some details about the property, she then said it's been on the market for a few months are there any issues. Now, after a viewing the agent asks the viewer for feedback, as everyone through the door has either been a time waster or its not for them they seem compelled to leave a negative remark as to why they don't like it. The agent seemed happy to reel of a list of negative comments about my house to sis in law. There's one particular girl in the office who's responsible for returning calls and was the person sis in law spoke to. I must have done something to piss the firm off, no idea what. Her colleague didn't seem too surprised when I explained what had happened so I guess it's normal procedure for them. The house is off the market for a week while we're changing agents, hopefully it'll sell quickly when it's back on.

My advice would be to only accept viewings from people that are already on the market if you're doing then, get the agent to do viewings with time wasters. It's been 20 years since we moved and is forgotten how many times wasters there are.
We are putting ours on the Market once our son starts college this september - haven't moved for 20 years so god knows how it will go .
We know where we want to go to so that's a start .
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Managed to swap the end cans and hangers on the triumph but something isn't white right a they don't sit at the same height. Not much in it but enough fur me to notice :angry-cussingblack:

New cans are about half the weight and make a nicer noise without being stupid loud.

Whilst was underneath found some evidence of a few bodges carried out by previous owners, one being the centre stand has sagged so badly that a piece of stud bar needed to be jubilee clipped to the top bar :wtf:

But of a weep from the drain plug makes me think washer didn't get annealed last oil change :roll:

All of the lugs on the plastics have been glued and fibre glassed and quite a few fastners need replacing but as it's a shitter I'll just rob bits out of the shed bits and bobs jars :shhh:
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Ditchfinder wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:55 pm Managed to swap the end cans and hangers on the triumph but something isn't white right a they don't sit at the same height. Not much in it but enough fur me to notice :angry-cussingblack:

New cans are about half the weight and make a nicer noise without being stupid loud.

Whilst was underneath found some evidence of a few bodges carried out by previous owners, one being the centre stand has sagged so badly that a piece of stud bar needed to be jubilee clipped to the top bar :wtf:

But of a weep from the drain plug makes me think washer didn't get annealed last oil change :roll:

All of the lugs on the plastics have been glued and fibre glassed and quite a few fastners need replacing but as it's a shitter I'll just rob bits out of the shed bits and bobs jars :shhh:
If the bolt is the same size as the one on a ZRX get the aluminum washer Kaw sells, they last at least 30 changes/100k miles. I think it's an M8 thread (17mm head) Part #92065-097 $2.97. the bolt is 92066-1174 & is about $5. Parts dia says *12x15* for the bolt, but while it is 15mm long, it's not 12mm wide.
Last edited by ZRX61 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Fixed a generator:

That's the fault, not the fix. £5 worth of capacitor is on its way to replace the one I nicked off another generator.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Second guessed myself on some mechanicy spannery work, went back in & checked it. needn't have bothered. :roll:
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:31 pm All done, totally painless.
Guy goes over everything & then says "Any questions?"

Me: "What's the cube of 27?"

His eyeballs got really big & he took a moment to recover. Then he just cracked up laughing.
At the end of Handover "any questions ?"
Always ..."Capital of Peru?"
Always snappy back "Lima!"
Horse

Post by Horse »

asmethurst99 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:08 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:31 pm Me: "What's the cube of 27?"
"any questions ?"
Always ..."Capital of Peru?"
Always snappy back "Lima!"
Standard on first aid training, if anyone says "call me an ambulance", a shout of "you're an ambulance!"

Or "how long will it be?", answered "about 4 metres, but that's not important right now".
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Lot's of sailing.
Sitting in the cockpit with a coffee and watching the sun come up is something I'll never get bored with.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

ZRX61 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:11 am
Bwana wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:18 amI also got my second COVID jab, the Pfizer variety. The first one caused some discomfort in my shoulder that was barely noticeable. This one appears to be slightly worse. Very slightly.
Fauci already making noises about needing a booster shot after 6 months or so. My CDC vaccine card has space for four shots..
That just goes to show we're at the bottom of a steep learning curve. Duration of immunity for vaccines that are new is one of those "to be determined" kind of details.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bwana wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:52 am That just goes to show we're at the bottom of a steep learning curve. Duration of immunity for vaccines that are new is one of those "to be determined" kind of details.
I kinda figured it would be like flu shots & we'd get a new one every year. The current Pfizer covid shot is good for several strains, just as my last flu shot was good for 4. They won't be doing this lock down bullshit again though.