MAG Survey - Petrol or Electric?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Phoenix

MAG Survey - Petrol or Electric?

Post by Phoenix »

Self explanatory. I think I’ll stick with petrol until such times aircraft and mega ships adopt clean fuel. I guess it won’t be long before another alternative to electric comes along.

Poll/Survey here.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/S5PCWSY
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Re: MAG Survey - Petrol or Electric?

Post by demographic »

Happy that Petrol cars are on the way out.
And the two bikes I own were made in 1989 so a ban on new petrol bikes isn't really an issue to me.
I'd happily have a lecky bike and couldn't give a flying fuck about scary motorbike noises so bring it on.

Oh and MAG? Naaah, I wouldn't give em the steam off my piss cos as a lobby group I think they've consistently been on the wrong track for most of their campaigns.

There, I feel like Ive quite comprehensively nailed my colours to the mast on that one.

Loud pipes save lives? Knobbers.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I believe MAG are now part of a large consortium including the BMF.

https://www.visordown.com/news/industry ... l-launched

I find it somewhat disquieting that the big Japanese four are working together on a stock battery exchange. The words cost and monopoly spring to mind.
Last edited by Phoenix on Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

demographic wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:57 pm Happy that Petrol cars are on the way out.
And the two bikes I own were made in 1989 so a ban on new petrol bikes isn't really an issue to me.
I'd happily have a lecky bike and couldn't give a flying fuck about scary motorbike noises so bring it on.

Oh and MAG? Naaah, I wouldn't give em the steam off my piss cos as a lobby group I think they've consistently been on the wrong track for most of their campaigns.

There, I feel like Ive quite comprehensively nailed my colours to the mast on that one.

Loud pipes save lives? Knobbers.
That ^^^

Can you spell "biased survey" BTW?
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Phoenix wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:11 pm I believe MAG are now part of a large consortium including the BMF.

https://www.visordown.com/news/industry ... l-launched

I find it somewhat disquieting that the big Japanese four are working together on a stock battery exchange. The words cost and monopoly spring to mind.
I’d say the opposite.

One stock battery for all makes gives third party battery suppliers more incentive to produce pattern batteries at a decent price.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Scotsrich wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:36 pmI’d say the opposite. One stock battery for all makes gives third party battery suppliers more incentive to produce pattern batteries at a decent price.
Fair comment Rich unless they use some electrickery software on the battery that only they can use or the usual 'Your warranty etc'. We shall have to wait and see.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Well, there's at least four OE manufacturers flogging batteries for a start, plus the companies that actually make em anyway.

Honestly, I can't wait for lecky bikes with a decent range.
cheb

Post by cheb »

The last time I looked waste veg oil had become worth money, I could get c20p a litre for the stuff I collected and cleaned. I made what I needed into biodiesel and sold the rest to a bulk producer on the mainland. It wasn't worth the big companies to come over to the islands, and wasn't really worth my while on a purely monetary basis. I saw it more as a hobby and a way of offsetting the costs of my trips to the big island. There's a lot of satisfaction of turning something that looks repulsive and smells like rancid vomit into something useful. TBF very little was that bad, some looked good enough to use in my own cooking, though I never did. At my peak I was processing about 5 tonnes per year.

AFAIK now that I'm not collecting locally it goes into landfill. A shame really, but modern diesels are very picky, it's the price of them not sounding like an old tractor and having the performance of an even older tractor. I thought about heating the house but am wary of making a small human cold and all that goes with that.

End of rambling.