Is Russia just about to invade Ukraine?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
DEADPOOL

Is Russia just about to invade Ukraine?

Post by DEADPOOL »

I thought it would be China first, going after Taiwan now the west no longer has a strong President in the US.

But it seems Russia will be making the first move.

America is now run by a shady backroom cabal of big tech, global corporations and (one assumes) the Obama/Clinton shadow cabinet. All they are interested in is helping themselves to truck loads of money and imposing their fantasy version of social morality. There is no world order any more. America is weak.

For anyone still wondering why the US so called election matters to us here, this is why...
DefTrap

Re: Is Russia just about to invade Ukraine?

Post by DefTrap »

No offence, but this is childish. The US has a new president, get over it.

Russia thinks it can start invading countries because yay the great military mastermind Trump is out the way? Yeah I've been so worried about that too.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Russia will do what they want to do. They realise that the US/EU/UK will bleat and bluster but there’s no way they will put US troops up against Russian troops over the Ukraine.

It doesn’t matter who is in charge of the US. Things change but things stay the same.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Wasn't Trump put into power by Putin tho'?
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Sounds like the opening title voice over of a playstation game.

If Trump was the strongest/best America's got then they are fucked anyway.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Sorry but anyone who thinks Biden is anything but President in name only is deluded. He is clearly not any sort of leader, he reads off the cards he is given, whoever is writing the script is the real President.

As for Trump well I agree, he was a hopeless politician more concerned with making money. "We are giving Iran billions of dollars not to develop nukes and they're doing it anyway? Forgetaboutit." "The Paris accord means China can just carry on as normal and the US has to bear the brunt? Forgetabout that too".

Whoever is running Biden is not really a politician either. They have written more "executive orders" than every other President combined! These orders are diktats, a decision made by one man and not even a partisan agreement let alone bipartisan. The eyewatering amounts of money the administration are spending is extraordinary, even if they had been genuinely made by political consent for genuine purposes.

Chances are this money is going directly into the hands of the backroom cabal via lucrative business deals, so called infrastructure projects. It's like handing over the keys to the bank, they are kids in a candy store, grabbing everything they can, while they can.

Anyhow, looks like I'm the only one bothered by this. I'm sure you're right, everything will be fine.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:28 am Wasn't Trump put into power by Putin tho'?
Wasn’t Biden put into power by the Chinese?
irie

Post by irie »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:49 am Whoever is running Biden is not really a politician either.
Ooh, another conspiracy theory. Image
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

irie wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:09 am Ooh, another conspiracy theory. Image
Excellent, here's someone who knows what's really going on. Put me right then, are you suggesting Biden himself is making these decisions? Are you suggesting he is in full control of his mental faculties? What other reasons might there be for those signs of dementia/Parkinsons?

Perhaps there are people "whispering in his ear" and not just dangling him like a puppet in front of his adoring media and telling him where to go, what to say. Has anyone EVER seen President Biden have any kind of normal one-to-one conversation that isn't either scripted, stage managed or reading off kiddy-cards and autocues?

As Biden himself once said, he often wakes up in the morning, turns to his wife and asks "where am I?" I think that might have been a weak attempt at a joke. No one laughed...
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:04 am
Excellent, here's someone who knows what's really going on. Put me right then, are you suggesting Biden himself is making these decisions? Are you suggesting he is in full control of his mental faculties? What other reasons might there be for those signs of dementia/Parkinsons?

Perhaps there are people "whispering in his ear" and not just dangling him like a puppet in front of his adoring media and telling him where to go, what to say. Has anyone EVER seen President Biden have any kind of normal one-to-one conversation that isn't either scripted, stage managed or reading off kiddy-cards and autocues?

As Biden himself once said, he often wakes up in the morning, turns to his wife and asks "where am I?" I think that might have been a weak attempt at a joke. No one laughed...
Where were you when Trump was derided as a "silly old fool not in charge of his faculties"? The repeated nonsense spouted at news conferences and on twitter?

If we assume that both Trump and Biden are unfit, on medical grounds, for office - then the failure is the system.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:04 am

Unless you're referring to something different, his words were "Where the hell are we?" in reply to a question asking what it'a like living in the White House. It was a reference along the lines of 'Still can't believe we're in the White House' rather than anything to do with his state of mind.
Oh, and the audience laughed.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:14 am Where were you when Trump was derided as a "silly old fool not in charge of his faculties"? The repeated nonsense spouted at news conferences and on twitter?

If we assume that both Trump and Biden are unfit, on medical grounds, for office - then the failure is the system.
I remember a week long diatribe against Trump when he was spotted carefully walking down a ramp (with no incident).

Then Biden actually trips/stumbles and slips up the steps to Airforce1 three times and there is barely a mention. A few days later, he does it again and trips up the steps...

That's not the issue, the real problem is when he is extemporising and his mind goes blank. Plenty of examples of that and his stage management crew are desperate not to allow him the chance to speak his mind. They know it's empty. For a guy with his finger on the nuclear button, that's worrying!
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Hoonercat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:17 am
Unless you're referring to something different, his words were "Where the hell are we?" in reply to a question asking what it'a like living in the White House. It was a reference along the lines of 'Still can't believe we're in the White House' rather than anything to do with his state of mind.
Oh, and the audience laughed.
You see that's where spin takes us. For you there is an important distinction between my recollection "where the hell am I", his actual words "where the hell are we" and your spin "I can't believe we're in the Whitehouse".

Thanks for putting me right on the quote and I agree the sentiment in the context of "not believing" he made it to the Whitehouse (fwiw I don't believe it either!) is a reasonable perspective.

But why is it "funny" for the President of the USA to make a joke about his not knowing where he is?

Probably got a bigger laugh in China. They're laughing all the way to Taiwan.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:42 am
I remember a week long diatribe against Trump when he was spotted carefully walking down a ramp (with no incident).

Then Biden actually trips/stumbles and slips up the steps to Airforce1 three times and there is barely a mention. A few days later, he does it again and trips up the steps...

That's not the issue, the real problem is when he is extemporising and his mind goes blank. Plenty of examples of that and his stage management crew are desperate not to allow him the chance to speak his mind. They know it's empty. For a guy with his finger on the nuclear button, that's worrying!
It sounds like you don't want to see that Trump had any problems but are desperate to find fault with Biden. You would, and are, saying that some were desperate to find fault with Trump.

I would agree that it's possibly not wise to allow the over 70s to hold such positions of power.
But then, so as to be fair, the system needs to ensure that there are regular tests - because it's obvious that folk of all ages are likely to fall foul of health and mental issues that might make them unfit.

So why make it all about Biden? This could be a much more reasonable and less hysterical discussion.
I would argue that that's two presidents in a row who probably show signs of being mentally unfit. I'm just pointing out that it's amusing you (not just you) weren't really bothered when it was Trump.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:02 pm So why make it all about Biden?
He is the current President.

I agree with pretty much everything you say except where you are trying to second guess my opinions on the previous admin.

Why is Trump relevant? Well, it is largely because the mainstream media are determined to keep rattling that chain. Nanci Pelosi was criticising Trump for the current border crisis. No idea how hard you need to spin the facts to make that accusation stick but we digress.

Trump is irrelevant. Biden is the potus and he is showing very obvious signs of age related mental deterioration. I have seen suggestion that many of those signs point to Parkinsons; the curious gait, moments of blankness, shaking etc. I am not convinced but neither have I seen any evidence that he is in full control of his own mental faculties, let alone the Whitehouse.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I'm happy(er) if Kamala is president anyway, so no argument from me
irie

Post by irie »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:22 pm I'm happy(er) if Kamala is president anyway, so no argument from me
Agree with you. Probably just a matter of time.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

I'll be surprised if JB lasts six months. Since his departure has always been inevitable, no doubt the powers that be have a plan in place. I hope that plan doesn't include Harris. Last thing the US needs is another pino, president in name only.

On the other hand, I believe Nasty Pelosi was trying to get her hands on the throne. Now that would be a disaster...
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Isn't the system that if the president dies, or is unfit, then the vice is automatically sworn-in?

So the pino argument is as non-relevant as a UK PM being elected by the Party mid term and all the "this isn't what I voted for bollocks". No, you didn't read the small print.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:11 pm Isn't the system that if the president dies, or is unfit, then the vice is automatically sworn-in?

So the pino argument is as non-relevant as a UK PM being elected by the Party mid term and all the "this isn't what I voted for bollocks". No, you didn't read the small print.
The democrats are blatantly manipulating the system to do whatever the fuck they want. Pelosi has already mooted the idea of herself becoming President if the incumbent becomes or is deemed to be mentally unfit. I think that proposition got kicked out but it's the thought that counts.

I guess it depends on how much power those really running the Presidency believe they have over Harris. There's plenty of dirt on Biden obviously. From what I hear, there's a fair bit on Harris but not the $billions the Biden mafia are hoping to hang onto.

Pino just means, like Biden, it walks and squawks but is no more "the President" than I am.