We are free......

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Fruity

Re: We are free......

Post by Fruity »

hilldweller wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:50 pm They are putting the frighteners on us to keep us under control.

Hardly a secret is it?

The whole point about frightening people to keep control was to keep some form of control over the rate at which the virus spread, and therefore the pressure on the hospitals.

In my experience of being an interested onlooker in hospitals - usually in A&E or ICU - even on a good day, they don't have much spare capacity.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

hilldweller wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:50 pm
demographic wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:57 pm Oh and you mentioned that the covid deaths were only 500? (Then in brackets you put Fit People).
I'm not precisely sure what you mean by that, are "Fit People" the only ones that matter or are you disputing the 30,000 + a fuckload covid death rate?
The 500, well it was a long video but what they were saying is the figures were based on flawed numbers, too few people were tested to establish the death rate but as more testing is done the death rate percentage just kept dropping. So if 1000 test positive and 50 die you get a 0.5% death rate. But the reality is there could be 10,000 not tested because they just shrugged it off then the death rate is now 0.05%.

That's where the 500 fit people came from.

The 30,000+ "covid" deaths is also flawed because people with terminal illnesses that get covid are labelled covid when really they were close to death before covid got near them.

They are putting the frighteners on us to keep us under control.
To put this into perspective for you.
Three people who are friends of friends have died of this.
One was in her mid 20s and had a compromised immune system, one just had COPD and was self isolating, caught it a short while avo and died yesterday. She was in her 40s.
I don't know the details of another and wasn't about to start asking.
Then one bloke a mate works with got it and was very close to death. From what I heard he was a fit and normally well, strong bloke.

So not exactly people already on deaths door.
As for the They are putting frighteners on us blah blah blah?

Really, just read it back to yourself in in the morning, thats all I'm saying.
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

demographic wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:57 pm Oh and you mentioned that the covid deaths were only 500? (Then in brackets you put Fit People).
I'm not precisely sure what you mean by that, are "Fit People" the only ones that matter or are you disputing the 30,000 + a fuckload covid death rate?
The 500, well it was a long video but what they were saying is the figures were based on flawed numbers, too few people were tested to establish the death rate but as more testing is done the death rate percentage just kept dropping. So if 1000 test positive and 50 die you get a 0.5% death rate. But the reality is there could be 10,000 not tested because they just shrugged it off then the death rate is now 0.05%.

The 30,000+ "covid" deaths is also flawed because people with terminal illnesses that get covid are labelled covid when really they were close to death before covid got near them.

Frightening us by giving away billions of pounds and killing the economy ?, how is this beneficial to them ?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

demographic wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:42 pm

One was in her mid 20s and had a compromised immune system, one just had COPD and was self isolating, caught it a short while avo and died yesterday. She was in her 40s.
Then one bloke a mate works with got it and was very close to death. From what I heard he was a fit and normally well, strong bloke.

Some selfish twats just don't see it. They refuse to see common sense. If I said what I think of this idiot, I'd be first person on here to be banned.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:35 pm
demographic wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:42 pm

Some selfish twats just don't see it. They refuse to see common sense. If I said what I think of this idiot, I'd be first person on here to be banned.
Lets just establish one thing in this thread... People are going to be passionate, people are going to have opinions and emotions are going to run high, OK, so that may be 3 things... but you know what i mean guys.

I have no issues at all with people having massively conflicting opinions on things like this and if someone wants to tell them they're out of line, you/they will NOT be banned for it... As long as it's done within reason, i have no issues. Please don't think everyone on here has to be nice and touchy feely and not have an opinion, that's not the case.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

1888 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:24 am Welcome to TRC :D

There is a reason some sites dont allow politics or football. Some even have sub sections for politics where the idiots can trade insults all day what works well for sites like BCF. You could have that here and possibly call it something like Current Affairs or the likes.
We have a Current Affairs section LOL... We've had it for months.
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

While everyone is enjoying getting out and seeing friends and family, do bear in mind that the dreaded tories, renowned for closing hospitals, still have the seven Nightingale hospitals on stand by, should the need arise...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

So here's a question then....

I was debating a ride with a mate... Now, i've had a wee ride with one of the boys on MTBs, but this one would involve a drive over to his. It's about 60 miles. The ride would be in the woods and socially distanced etc of course.

But is it different riding with him after a drive, to meeting a mate at a particular woods and both cycling there ...

Or should we be doing neither anyway....

I don't see any increase in risk as such, but it's perception really or maybe perspective... depending on how you look at it.
millemille

Post by millemille »

weeksy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:16 am So here's a question then....

I was debating a ride with a mate... Now, i've had a wee ride with one of the boys on MTBs, but this one would involve a drive over to his. It's about 60 miles. The ride would be in the woods and socially distanced etc of course.

But is it different riding with him after a drive, to meeting a mate at a particular woods and both cycling there ...

Or should we be doing neither anyway....

I don't see any increase in risk as such, but it's perception really or maybe perspective... depending on how you look at it.
Since the relaxation of the rules I've done several mtb rides with a variety of mates, all one at a time and all socially distanced. One or other or both of us have driven - up to an hour - to where we were riding.

I've got rides with different mates planned Sunday and Wednesday and don't think for a minute that there's anything wrong or dangerous about doing this.
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

weeksy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:55 am. People are going to be passionate, people are going to have opinions and emotions are going to run high,
Ain't that the truth.
Brian
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

I think the within an hour wasnt too bad an idea as it generally meant loads of people didn't need to use public toilets at beauty spots.
    I know people generally wash their hands afterwards but not all of them do.

I've been going out on my pushbike all the lockdown period but its what I believe to be a situation thats beneficial to my (and others, you never know) health and not detrimental.

Since lockdown started I've not managed to use a full tank of diesel in my van, its on about a quarter now but I can't see how me going for a drive then a walk or cycle ride or even riding a motorbike is a problem.

Its the being in a group, too close and all touching the same doors, gate latches and whatever, being in close quarters in a room thing I'm more concerned about.

I wouldnt be surprised if two cyclists slipstreaming each other isn't the best idea right now either but have no evidence to support it, just seems that the one in front is breathing hard and the one six inchs from their back wheel is in the immmediate vicinity? Then if they ride like a two up they swap round.
    Maybe?
    hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

Yorick wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:35 pm Some selfish twats just don't see it. They refuse to see common sense. If I said what I think of this idiot, I'd be first person on here to be banned.
    I don't understand that, unless my little joke about your new super aerodynamic fairing backfired, all I've done is quote from what I believe to be sound medical people who are saying that CV19 is very survivable for most people and particularly children. Life will go on.

I'm not inciting anyone to do anything.

I'm taking care myself so I don't endanger my family or anyone else.

But these are early days, who knows how this will pan out long term.
    Brian
    GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

I went out today for the second time since the 17th March, the first time was a short cycle ride with my daughter and today was to the doctors for a blood test due to my tablets/compromised immune system. I am in a high risk group (clinicaly vunerable). I am very tempted to ride my bikes. I've done everything to them I can to make them ready for riding/not ridable. I took wheels off, changed brake fluid and other stuff just to make them unridable so I wasn't tempted out for a quick spin. I was even tempted to drain the petrol tank of the Tuono so that any ethol in the tank doesn't make the plastic swell, I'm hoping Shell VMax is stable enough.
    Both are sat on stands with the wheels of the ground, fully padlocked up on battery chargers, as full as my "official" 12 weeks isolation is up (15June) I intend going for a ride on both Tuono and Le Mans (although the Tuono will need taxing). However I suspect the vunerable isolation may be extended. I certainly don't intend mixing with anybody for some considerable time. My biggest problem is both my wife and daughter work in schools, although the wifes school has said she doesn't have to go in because of me, I'm still sleeping in a separate bed. he daughter is using a different chair and bathroom but has not had any contact with kids at school yet.

Thats's bad timing. As I was writing this I just got a text from the NHS my Sheilding has now been extended to the 30th June, Might have to change the fork oil on the Tuono
    millemille

Post by millemille »

GuzziPaul wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:59 pm I went out today for the second time since the 17th March, the first time was a short cycle ride with my daughter and today was to the doctors for a blood test due to my tablets/compromised immune system. I am in a high risk group (clinicaly vunerable). I am very tempted to ride my bikes. I've done everything to them I can to make them ready for riding/not ridable. I took wheels off, changed brake fluid and other stuff just to make them unridable so I wasn't tempted out for a quick spin. I was even tempted to drain the petrol tank of the Tuono so that any ethol in the tank doesn't make the plastic swell, I'm hoping Shell VMax is stable enough.
    Both are sat on stands with the wheels of the ground, fully padlocked up on battery chargers, as full as my "official" 12 weeks isolation is up (15June) I intend going for a ride on both Tuono and Le Mans (although the Tuono will need taxing). However I suspect the vunerable isolation may be extended. I certainly don't intend mixing with anybody for some considerable time. My biggest problem is both my wife and daughter work in schools, although the wifes school has said she doesn't have to go in because of me, I'm still sleeping in a separate bed. he daughter is using a different chair and bathroom but has not had any contact with kids at school yet.

Thats's bad timing. As I was writing this I just got a text from the NHS my Sheilding has now been extended to the 30th June, Might have to change the fork oil on the Tuono
    I can only begin to appreciate how tough that is to deal with. You have my admiration for your steadfastness and resolution to stick to it.
    Nidge

Post by Nidge »

weeksy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:55 am

Lets just establish one thing in this thread... People are going to be passionate, people are going to have opinions and emotions are going to run high, OK, so that may be 3 things... but you know what i mean guys.

I have no issues at all with people having massively conflicting opinions on things like this and if someone wants to tell them they're out of line, you/they will NOT be banned for it... As long as it's done within reason, i have no issues. Please don't think everyone on here has to be nice and touchy feely and not have an opinion, that's not the case.

It's forum evolution mate- everyone is being on their best behaviour like its the first term of "big school". Mark my words eventually there will be strops, flounces and threats of violence over poor grammar
    hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

GuzziPaul wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:59 pm Thats's bad timing. As I was writing this I just got a text from the NHS my Sheilding has now been extended to the 30th June, Might have to change the fork oil on the Tuono
    That's a very tough place to be. The crazy thing is, probably the safest place for you is sat on a bike in the middle of nowhere enjoying the view.
    Brian
    Gimlet

Post by Gimlet »

I've got to buy another van soon, within the next two weeks. I'm looking nationwide and when I find what I want I'll be going wherever it takes (with my mate in his van) to look at it.
    What else am I supposed to do? I need a vehicle to earn a living. The government isn't going to look after the likes of me, and even if it were and I couldn't afford to wait for that to happen there'll be a price to pay for any assistance further down the line.
    There's no way I'm buying any old piece of shit just because it's within an hour's drive and there's no way I'm buying unseen and having it delivered and having my pockets emptied by scammers. If a vehicle, or anything else, can be delivered, I can go and get it myself. It's perfectly possible to do so safely with just a small amount of commonsense and that's what I'll be doing whether anyone else likes it or not.
    If I'm stopped and fined I won't pay the fine and I'll declare my self bankrupt. The state will be paying me then because I'll claim everything going.
    Fuck em. This supposed crisis isn't my doing and I won't be told what I can do and where I can go.
    Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Gimlet wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:15 pm I've got to buy another van soon, within the next two weeks. I'm looking nationwide and when I find what I want I'll be going wherever it takes (with my mate in his van) to look at it.
    What else am I supposed to do? I need a vehicle to earn a living. The government isn't going to look after the likes of me, and even if it were and I couldn't afford to wait for that to happen there'll be a price to pay for any assistance further down the line.
    There's no way I'm buying any old piece of shit just because it's within an hour's drive and there's no way I'm buying unseen and having it delivered and having my pockets emptied by scammers. If a vehicle, or anything else, can be delivered, I can go and get it myself. It's perfectly possible to do so safely with just a small amount of commonsense and that's what I'll be doing whether anyone else likes it or not.
    If I'm stopped and fined I won't pay the fine and I'll declare my self bankrupt. The state will be paying me then because I'll claim everything going.
    Fuck em. This supposed crisis isn't my doing and I won't be told what I can do and where I can go.
    Well done. The world needs more selfish people like you :)
    weeksy
    Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:27 pm
    Gimlet wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:15 pm I've got to buy another van soon, within the next two weeks. I'm looking nationwide and when I find what I want I'll be going wherever it takes (with my mate in his van) to look at it.
    I'm not seeing it as wrong as long as it's done right ?

Car dealers are selling cars with handover, motorbike dealers are selling bike, hell people like Amazon are making a killing as are van hire companies, so what's making him selfish here ?
    Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:30 pm
    Yorick wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:27 pm
    I'm not seeing it as wrong as long as it's done right ?

Car dealers are selling cars with handover, motorbike dealers are selling bike, hell people like Amazon are making a killing as are van hire companies, so what's making him selfish here ?
    Refusing to pay fines and say the rules don't apply to him, is selfish.