What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:32 pm There are many who will tell you that once you start wearing glasses your eyes start to deteriorate quicker. Personally, although I have started wearing them for driving, mainly at night, I would agree, though I suspect it's just that you suddenly realise how much you couldn't see when you didn't have them that makes you think your eyes are getting worse. when you don't wear them...
I had the same prescription from 22 until last year. 1.25 and 1.5.

Went for eye test a few months ago and they've improved a bit :)

But I bought 4 pairs last year on old script. Including bifocal sunglasses :(
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Turned this:
74E65E99-5CD9-465C-A542-7E575B0AD94A.png
74E65E99-5CD9-465C-A542-7E575B0AD94A.png (684.42 KiB) Viewed 652 times
Into this:
079F3CB4-DE54-4107-BCFB-A845CE69CA34.png
079F3CB4-DE54-4107-BCFB-A845CE69CA34.png (576.46 KiB) Viewed 652 times
Blue bin is covering a rose bush we want to keep alive.

Section furthest away will be getting levelled and having 4t of hardcore thrown at it before topping with “decorative’ gravel using timber as a retainer. Trench is for electrics for lights / double socket and Ethernet cable for cctv (if needed).

Balance to be sown to grass / paved (existing blocks being repurposed) once I’ve raked through the topsoil and distributed it across the lawn / borders.
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Finished replacing the garden fence. 11x 6' panels all rotten to fuck. Four full height, seven with trellace tops. Had to dig out and replace 6 posts. Beer, dihydrocodene and a hot bath now. The Macedonian Tripe Hound enjoyed chewing the old posts...

David

Post by David »

Silly Car wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:35 pm Turned this:

Into this:

Section furthest away will be getting levelled and having 4t of hardcore thrown at it before topping with “decorative’ gravel using timber as a retainer. Trench is for electrics for lights / double socket and Ethernet cable for cctv (if needed).

Balance to be sown to grass / paved (existing blocks being repurposed) once I’ve raked through the topsoil and distributed it across the lawn / borders.
Fancy some more practice up a hill in west west Wales?
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

I need to book another eye test, getting old sucks!
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

David wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:04 pm
Silly Car wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:35 pm Turned this:

Into this:

Fancy some more practice up a hill in west west Wales?
While it was fun, it wasn’t that much fun! :lol:
crust

Post by crust »

Yoz / Cheb, you want one of these

https://www.dirtbikexpress.co.uk/worksh ... gIiNfD_BwE

Makes getting the valve through the rim a doddle.
cheb

Post by cheb »

I'll give one a go, thank you.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

The missus noticed that I'd been working hard around the villa the last few days, so she took me to a scrummy Tex Mex on the sea front down in PdC.

Dead scrummy :)
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Timed this to perfection, CHP was just behind me & shut down all lanes to get these clowns off to the side.

Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Today I had my first working from home incident. Chatting away on a video call with the cat asleep nearby I heard retching, the cat was throwing up on the floor in front of my desk. Then it threw up a couple more times whilst i pretended nothing was happening, after it moved by my feet to throw up i gave in and admitted the vomiting noises were coming from my end. After I managed to get the cat out of the room I spent another hour on the call trying not to put my feet in cat sick. :oops:
Annoyingly it was one of those rare meetings that I needed to pay attention to and talk a lot, usually I can turn off the mike and camera and nobody would care.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I got up extra early so I could go to the market and pick up pasties and still get to school on time

School was interesting as the teacher gave the other two some time to do an exercise then made me do two in a row without time to work it out!! Kinda flattering that he thinks I'm capable!! :lol: :lol:

Stopped at a friend's on the way home to drop off his pasties and have a chat, cuddle with his dog and a cuppa tea!!

Home and de-badgered my hair!! Possibly got a blind date (well, blind 'meeting for a socially distance takeaway coffee!!) on Saturday so thought I'd go back to pink properly! LOL

Now about to wrap my hair in cling film as it's too cold to go to sleep with wet hair, so I'm leaving the dye on overnight! lack of cling film will mean pink pillows!! LOL

Charging battery pack to make sure it's on full power to try and start the transit in the morning - need to move it briefly, so need to get it running so a friend can drive!! :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Sorted out documentation for mortgage application. Getting our finances sorted so we can buy a house quickly.

Cooked a nice pork roast for the wife and son. I'm no longer a meat eater, but cans till cook it, so takes a burden off the wife.

Did dad's taxi for taking daughter to station and back.

Sorted out part of a sermon for next weeks service, might have to change it all if the scripture is different to lectionary.

Watched some Netflix and got bored with it all. Going to bed early... meh.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

Today I.......

.....ended up in hospital. Chest pain a few days ago, "apparently" a repeat of pericarditis symptoms I've had a couple of times before which was confirmed as such at the time. On this occasion tho, ecg and bloods pointed in a different direction, so here I am in a cardio ward, awaiting an angiogram and whatever follows. That's a surprise. Lucky I didn't just assume I knew what it was, again. Onwards/upwards.
Potter

Post by Potter »

GWS :)
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

GWS :thumbup:
Lockdown refugee
formula400

Post by formula400 »

GWS

hoovered 1/2 the house in prep for a potential buyer, had breakfast.
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

formula400 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:07 am
Good luck. We've had the house on the market for a few months but many of the "potential buyers" seen to have been sight seers as viewing houses is one of the few things you can do in lockdown. Not helped that the agent appears to have been a bigger cunt than usual.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Pirahna wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:59 am
formula400 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:07 am
Good luck. We've had the house on the market for a few months but many of the "potential buyers" seen to have been sight seers as viewing houses is one of the few things you can do in lockdown. Not helped that the agent appears to have been a bigger cunt than usual.
tell me about it, we are trying to limit it to people who have sold/have a offer on there house, or cash buyers. I hate this part of it.
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

formula400 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:10 am tell me about it, we are trying to limit it to people who have sold/have a offer on there house, or cash buyers. I hate this part of it.
We put the house on the market at the end of September, traditionally the worst time to sell, covid had made it unpredictable. The house is grade 2 listed with low ceilings and one very low beam, it's lovely but you need to be looking for this type of property, we fully expected and got plenty of sight seers, people the agent should have been filtering out. The agent is Mullucks, a reasonably well know firm. The last viewing was a couple of weeks ago, the people said that the office appeared to be unmanned and it had taken them 3 weeks to arrange a viewing. Wondering what was going on we asked my sister-in-law to phone up and ask for a viewing. She left an answerphone message and was called back 3 days later. She was given some details about the property, she then said it's been on the market for a few months are there any issues. Now, after a viewing the agent asks the viewer for feedback, as everyone through the door has either been a time waster or its not for them they seem compelled to leave a negative remark as to why they don't like it. The agent seemed happy to reel of a list of negative comments about my house to sis in law. There's one particular girl in the office who's responsible for returning calls and was the person sis in law spoke to. I must have done something to piss the firm off, no idea what. Her colleague didn't seem too surprised when I explained what had happened so I guess it's normal procedure for them. The house is off the market for a week while we're changing agents, hopefully it'll sell quickly when it's back on.

My advice would be to only accept viewings from people that are already on the market if you're doing then, get the agent to do viewings with time wasters. It's been 20 years since we moved and is forgotten how many times wasters there are.