Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: What's in your bag?

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I keep my nuts in a bag because I'm worried squirrels will get them
Honda Owner
Potter

Post by Potter »

Blimey, I move countries with less than that.

On my bike I just take bank card and phone.
Unless it's the Rudge and then I have a tool pouch on the bike with all manner of tools in, but just tools and spark plug, no fancy accoutrements.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I have wallet, phone, docs.
Plus I tend to carry some really basic tools in case anything loosens or falls off.
Oh and a puncture kit.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Potter wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:08 am Blimey, I move countries with less than that.

On my bike I just take bank card and phone.
Unless it's the Rudge and then I have a tool pouch on the bike with all manner of tools in, but just tools and spark plug, no fancy accoutrements.
Wait until you see what I take on tour - I'm going to need a wide angle lens.
Lockdown refugee
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Oh, and driving licence. Compulsory to carry it when driving.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Trinity765 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:23 am Wait until you see what I take on tour - I'm going to need a wide angle lens.
We did a 4 day tour i assume it was 2019 now.... but i took the bank card, the phone, 4 pairs of undies, 4 t-shirts, 4 pairs of socks, toiletries. :)

Anything else i needed i could have bought, we were staying in a town/Premier Inn. I rode in my kevlar jeans and a lightweight jacket... that's all 'touring' needs to be in my book.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Supermofo wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:48 pm I might buy water out and chuck it in the top box.
Do you not have a tap in your house? ;)

When out training, in hot weather, I would buy (hygiene reasons) water (and OJ)for myself and the trainee. Dehydration is a bit like hypothermia, it can start to affect you before you realise it's happening.

But being charged typically £1 for a .5 litre? That's more expensive than petrol!
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Horse wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:51 am Do you not have a tap in your house?
No what I mean it I don't take stuff out with me. If we stop for petrol and a snack or lunch I might pick up a water, drink some and stick the rest in the top box but don't take stuff with me.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Supermofo wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:06 am
No what I mean it I don't take stuff out with me. If we stop for petrol and a snack or lunch I might pick up a water, drink some and stick the rest in the top box but don't take stuff with me.
Yup, realised what you meant. Take the empty bottle home. Next time: fill from the tap, put in top box.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Horse wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:59 am
Yup, realised what you meant. Take the empty bottle home. Next time: fill from the tap, put in top box.
Will that make me feel marginally less bad about doing 200 miles of fuel for no real reason :D
Horse

Post by Horse »

Supermofo wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:10 am
Horse wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:59 am

Will that make me feel marginally less bad about doing 200 miles of fuel for no real reason :D
Drink more water, you'll need to find more stops ;)
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

weeksy wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:30 am
Trinity765 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:23 am Wait until you see what I take on tour - I'm going to need a wide angle lens.
We did a 4 day tour i assume it was 2019 now.... but i took the bank card, the phone, 4 pairs of undies, 4 t-shirts, 4 pairs of socks, toiletries. :)

Anything else i needed i could have bought, we were staying in a town/Premier Inn. I rode in my kevlar jeans and a lightweight jacket... that's all 'touring' needs to be in my book.
You clearly weren't touring Scotland or you would have added at least waterproofs to that ;)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

No-one carry their keys around any more? Have you all upgraded to 'smart' houses? Or does the 'other half' never leave the house?

;)

Keys, phone, wallet, (and mask), is the bare minimum for leaving the house at the moment.

Bike jacket has spare earplugs, lock keys, cheap sunnies, pack of tissues, small phone battery.

Top Box tends to have spare gloves and the disc-lock in. (U-Lock lives slotted into the Top-Box mount uprights)

Bike has puncture kit & small set of tools (+ OE toolkit) under the seat, and waterproof trousers live under the pillion.
non quod, sed quomodo
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

The bike has storage places in which is the OEM toolkit, a USB charge lead for my phone, OnGuard D lock and a stop n go puncture repair kit. All I ever take with me is my phone which is in a wallet case which has my bank cards win it, but I never leave the house without that anyway. I really only commute on my bike, but the last time I went for a ride out for pleasure, I took a bottle of water with me.
Big Nick

Post by Big Nick »

Phone and house keys, if commuting I add a laptop, pad and pen.

Been looking at those little waist purses, I won’t call it by the American term fanny bag, useful but are they a bit odd? Probably better than the man bags most young lads seem to carry containing snowflakes and a pussy whip.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Big Nick wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:27 pm Phone and house keys, if commuting I add a laptop, pad and pen.

Been looking at those little waist purses, I won’t call it by the American term fanny bag, useful but are they a bit odd? Probably better than the man bags most young lads seem to carry containing snowflakes and a pussy whip.
They're getting more and more popular, even the MTB crew are wearing them too now. I've not felt the need myself, but i can see how it would work better than a rucksack in terms of where the load sits and weight distribution.
tricol

Post by tricol »

Well, I've not many miles under my belt but I've been carrying my camera gear, phone, and bank card. Maybe some food for longer days out. Good shout on something like cable ties. I carry all that stuff when on my MTBs, maybe some should carry over. The Trident has one single tool under the seat from factory.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Big Nick wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:27 pm Probably better than the man bags most young lads seem to carry containing snowflakes and a pussy whip.
I think I'm right in saying the 'fashion' for man-bags comes from the Med/Southern Europe (plus other hot & affluent areas of the world) where it's a bit awkward to carry your stuff (huge smart-phone, wallet, keys) around when all you're wearing is swim trunks and a t-shirt.
non quod, sed quomodo
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

tricol wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:14 am The Trident has one single tool under the seat from factory.
Has it bent yet? (Uri Geller doesn't need to be anywhere near it).
non quod, sed quomodo
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Over here, the bads wear a bum bag type thing that straps to their thighs. They look twats.