Easter weekend Friday thread... what's the plans ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Tricky

Re: Easter weekend Friday thread... what's the plans ?

Post by Tricky »

Up at sparrow fart and make my way down to Hampshire for some off-roading with Crust and the boys around the lanes of southern England tomorrow. It seems so long since we were last allowed out on them , we have a 90 odd mile route planned with a great mix of lanes, really looking forward to that, and the weather looks perfect

Then it's my eldest boy's 27th saturday,- I still struggle to believe it was that long ago I first became a dad, so it's a full-monte Indian takeaway and beer and undoubtedly loads of laughs with him and his on Saturday night.
Rest of the week-end will involve getting out on the bike with her indoors if the weather is decent, dog walking , garden stuff and some more 390 fettling
- its first trackday is only 2 weeks awa, yaay! ! :banana-wrench:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Tomorrow, my physio has moved the appointment from Friday to Saturday, so tomorrow I'll probably lie in, then make hot cross buns, then go swimming. Then bake something else. Hopefully I won't get an email saying that French classes are cancelled next week!! Apply for a summer job in resort

Saturday - I still haven't been out touring despite planning to but this morning I met a couple who'd just finished a tour and ski back down and damn they were grinning. And, as they will stop maintaining the piste after saturday, it's probably the last chance. I also realised that as the clocks went forward, I could, maybe, possibly get to near the top of a mountain to see the sun rise without having to get up at 3am!! LOL Soooooo, there's a slim chance I'll get up really early and go skin up a mountain!! :lol: :lol: :lol: The ski down would be so worth it! - then physio in the afternoon. Say goodbye to a few friends that will now close their cafes and restos and go to wherever they will spend the summer :( :( :( Fcking virus situation sucks ass big time :( :(

Sunday - Recover. Swim. Do some homework.

Monday - sunbathe if it's still sunny. Physio. Cooking or baking. Make sure homework is complete for Tuesday and hope I don't get an email cancelling French classes!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Family dinner on Sunday, which is the main event. Apart from that clean cars and bikes and hopefully fit the new chain to the NCX.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Still lockdown here for another couple of weeks at least,so no family Easter,just me and Mrs.Skub.

Friday and Saturday weather is to be good,so there may be a couple of bike inspired essential journeys,however if the traffic is anything like today,I'll be back road hunting.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
chutzpah

Post by chutzpah »

Have to meet up with an old uni friend to hand over something she bought on Facebook ages ago, I picked up and have been looking after since.

Other than that... I'm desperate to take the kids out for a ride before the weather turns cold again, so will try and get a ride in at the weekend.

Back to work next week but have the following week off. Not looking forward to next week as all the family will be at home and I'll be stuck in a bedroom working
Fruity

Post by Fruity »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:09 pm Working nights

Winner! :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Nothing major planned (obvs) - get the kids out for some exercise today, it's cold but still. Due to turn colder again overnight though :cry:

Off til Tuesday, which is nice. It'll give me chance to catch up on house and garden.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I failed with today's plan which was to go for a ride on my own. It was 8c when I set out, then 7.5c, then 7c at which point I thought "f*** this, I'm sure there's a good film online somewhere". I'm back home drinking from my flask with my dressing gown on perusing Prime Video :lol: Tomorrow I'm out with a friend and I'm not going to be the first one to throw the towel in.
Lockdown refugee
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Tricky wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:31 pm Up at sparrow fart
Some of you have forgotten the Lord’s real message of Easter.

Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I was hoping to get DIY done this weekend but right now I'm trying to prevent a bunch of over excited teenagers hurting themselves in my half landscaped garden.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Trinity765 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:43 am I failed with today's plan which was to go for a ride on my own. It was 8c when I set out, then 7.5c, then 7c at which point I thought "f*** this, I'm sure there's a good film online somewhere". I'm back home drinking from my flask with my dressing gown on perusing Prime Video :lol: Tomorrow I'm out with a friend and I'm not going to be the first one to throw the towel in.
Hot grips are your friend. 🙂
Yamaha rocket 3
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Skub wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:01 pm Still lockdown here for another couple of weeks at least...
It's still lockdown here too. But no-one's taking any notice of all that Covid bollocks anymore.
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Asian Boss wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:13 pm
Skub wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:01 pm Still lockdown here for another couple of weeks at least...
It's still lockdown here too. But no-one's taking any notice of all that Covid bollocks anymore.
Here too,it would seem.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Kneerly Down

Post by Kneerly Down »

the_priest wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:41 pm I'll be doing the Church things. Two services today, preaching at both. 10am and 8pm. Maundy Thursday.

Good Friday. Service at 10.30am, helping with the livestream and doing the Passion readings.

Holy Saturday, quiet day with family and just relaxing.

Easter Sunday, I'll be up very early for the 6am SonRise service in the Church garden where I am doing the homily. Then home for breakfast, coffee and back to Church to lead part of the Easter Sunday service at 10.30am. Then out to take communion to those who cannot get to the Church and back for evening prayer at 6.30pm to stream the sermon.

Then off for a week! I'll ride the bike during this time.
Have you recovered yet!
Our weekend was busy but quite chilled really.
We had the Easter Sunday morning service at the mountain viewpoint up the hill behind our house with around 30 of us who haven't seen each other on anything but Zoom screens for a year.

My wife's brother took the service and arrived on his matt-blacked NTV with an open face helmet so came pre-masked.
Just as well as it started to snow almost immediately the service ended!
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

I get to have this week off so to speak. So now I have time to write my reflection for the Bishop on my being a Deacon. Also time flesh out my presentation after Ascension Day and before Pentecost, "From Isolation back into Community - The journey of prayer".

All services went well, other than the fact that the stream code was swapped out in OBS so the evening prayer service did not stream successfully... people fiddling with things they don't understand. Me having done IT for 25 years was bemused as to why they decided to change what had been working fine in the first place.

Much warmer down South, London was positively balmy then, but now it is frigid, but not snowbound like up North. Hope you got to celebrate as a Community and enjoy the Easter Alleluias! He is Risen indeed. Found a rather apt cartoon as well!

Kneerly Down wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:57 am
the_priest wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:41 pm I'll be doing the Church things. Two services today, preaching at both. 10am and 8pm. Maundy Thursday.

Good Friday. Service at 10.30am, helping with the livestream and doing the Passion readings.

Holy Saturday, quiet day with family and just relaxing.

Easter Sunday, I'll be up very early for the 6am SonRise service in the Church garden where I am doing the homily. Then home for breakfast, coffee and back to Church to lead part of the Easter Sunday service at 10.30am. Then out to take communion to those who cannot get to the Church and back for evening prayer at 6.30pm to stream the sermon.

Then off for a week! I'll ride the bike during this time.
Have you recovered yet!
Our weekend was busy but quite chilled really.
We had the Easter Sunday morning service at the mountain viewpoint up the hill behind our house with around 30 of us who haven't seen each other on anything but Zoom screens for a year.

My wife's brother took the service and arrived on his matt-blacked NTV with an open face helmet so came pre-masked.
Just as well as it started to snow almost immediately the service ended!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.