What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Potter

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Potter »

Nidge wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:52 pm Set the curtains twitching in the conservation area village I’ve just moved into. I expect the clerk of the parish council is muttering something about Hell’s Angels as we speak....

It must be posh where you live, if I put a sign like that up I'd be worried the people that pinch things would read that as "Please come and pinch my motorcycles".
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Potter wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:29 am
Nidge wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:52 pm Set the curtains twitching in the conservation area village I’ve just moved into. I expect the clerk of the parish council is muttering something about Hell’s Angels as we speak....

It must be posh where you live, if I put a sign like that up I'd be worried the people that pinch things would read that as "Please come and pinch my motorcycles".
It was only up briefly for a photo for the club- it would be terribly gauche to leave it up permanently...
cheb

Post by cheb »

The shrunken head on the RH wall should frighten the bad boys away.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Nidge wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:22 am It was only up briefly for a photo for the club- it would be terribly gauche to leave it up permanently...
I'd tend to agree but I wasn't judging you, there are plenty of people that enjoy signs and suchlike that are associated with their hobbies.
I literally meant it at face value.

I put a great big KTM sticker on the side of my transit van when I was racing, and then in retrospect thought it was a bit daft because I was basically advertising bikes to steal.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Took the Guzzi for an MOT.

I always go the same place. Have done for years. I even have the owner as friend on Friendface and the bloke who tested the bike is a mate of my dads, etc...

The owner made me watch a youtube video, it was Whitam's Chasin' the racin' podcast.

Guess where I have my bikes MOT'ed... no it's not Colchester Kawasaki :)

KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Painted the garage doors.

Grey.

Bang on trend!

I even gave the hinges and the shackle a lick of black hammerite.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I made the biscuits for Viennese whirls. Should put them together in the morning :D

Then I made some chow mein - cos I have some beansprouts in the fridge to use before they go off!!

Gave up trying to watch the MotoGP so am about to try and finish a baby blanket I'm making then, if I can stay awake, I'll watch some of the F1 highlights :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

You go all the way to Donny for an MOT?
I was going to suggest you could visit my cousin, but she'd either try to shag you or convert you to Christianity
Honda Owner
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:13 pm You go all the way to Donny for an MOT?
I was going to suggest you could visit my cousin, but she'd either try to shag you or convert you to Christianity
I live in Barnsley, It's only 13 miles from my house to Needhams.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Me and the missus went to see friends we made a year ago when we were put in touch with them as they were shielding. Lovely couple, he turned 80 recently and she's 73, both younger than their years.
During lockdown last year he had another heart attack which left him in ICU, but being ex-RN he battled back, only to discover through some random tests that he had terminal cancer centred around his spine.
He was in good spirits, albeit a bit dazed and rambling at times. He was also wearing a harness to support his head as his spine is getting weaker. He talked at length about arranging a birthday party for his wife in July and how he was planning a fundraiser for the British Legion in the summer too.
In the kitchen his wife told us they had given him a month, two tops but he's determined to defy the odds.
Tough old bugger. :(
He was so pleased we came around and insisted we come back for an evening and drink some rum together.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:18 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:13 pm You go all the way to Donny for an MOT?
I live in Barnsley, It's only 13 miles from my house to Needhams.
I thought it was further, to be fair, I love round the corner from Lings in Ipswich, but I go past them to get an MOT from Davey Brothers.
Honda Owner
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I had a new tyre fitted at lunchtime (Angel GT2) and then headed to the seafront to meet up with an Italian friend. They introduced me to ice cream in a croissant which in Italy would be ice cream in a warm brioche, I'll pause a second for you to imagine that........... It was nice to be doing something "normal" for this time of year.

Image20210329_123634

Image20210329_131525

Image20210329_134430
Lockdown refugee
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Spent the last 90 minutes driving round all the pet shops in and out of town looking for a specific brand of ferret food, failed!
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Trinity765 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:52 pm They introduced me to ice cream in a croissant which in Italy would be ice cream in a warm brioche, I'll pause a second for you to imagine that...........
It's a thing in Italy. Who could resist falling in love with a country that eats ice cream for breakfast?

In Sicily they do a brioche-type bun, served with a glass of orange sorbet. The best places make their own and it's to die for. Sharp, sweet and very refreshing.

Throw in a caffe corretto and it's a party of a breakfast.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Broke the law by going into town on the 9 am bus (I'm only allowed out between 10 am and 2 pm), got off near the tax office and went there to pay for my residency permit then went all the way into town, got the bits photocopied for my residency application and at 11:30 had my interview. All good. Of course, the Covid restrictions can be ignored if a government department tells you to be somewhere at a particular time even if you have to break the rules to be there. Anyway, the residency thing is all done and dusted, I just have to wait for my new card to be produced and sent to me. It seems that there's a hold up in the process so it could be some time.

I did a bit of shopping as I had to wait until 14:00 for the bus home and bought the inverter that's going in the boat to run the beer fridge. I really wanted to get a full sine wave inverter but they're double the price of a modified sine wave version so I went for cheaper. it'll do.

I got home just before 3 pm and thought that it was a good time to pop down to Özner's, drop the kayak on the trolley and take it home. Let's face it, if I'm going to break the law for the government I might as well break the law for myself as well. The trouble was, on my way I met an American lad who's in Turkey on a 90 day visa as part of a year out thingy and walked along the prom with him. When we got to Özner's there were a couple of friends there drinking beer - younger than me and allowed out until 9 pm. It was of course foolish not to so I bought the American lad a drink before he went off to get the bus back to Içmeler and had one or 3 myself. Home now. The kayak is outside waiting for a bit of a clean up sometime in the next few days and I'm just going to cook dinner. I hope the Covid Cops don't get wind of my day - they've got enough ammunition already to make my life shit. This lot would give them apoplexy. :lol:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

In-Laws popped round! First time thye've visited us in over a year! So we had an impromptu BBQ. It was so glorious sitting out there I went and bought a case of Stella! 8-) Daughters boyfriend and my Son came home at just after 4 and joined us for a few beers. Life felt normal again. :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:52 pm In-Laws popped round! First time thye've visited us in over a year! So we had an impromptu BBQ. It was so glorious sitting out there I went and bought a case of Stella! 8-) Daughters boyfriend and my Son came home at just after 4 and joined us for a few beers. Life felt normal again. :thumbup:
Didn't know Stella sell shandy :)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:12 pm
Taipan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:52 pm In-Laws popped round! First time thye've visited us in over a year! So we had an impromptu BBQ. It was so glorious sitting out there I went and bought a case of Stella! 8-) Daughters boyfriend and my Son came home at just after 4 and joined us for a few beers. Life felt normal again. :thumbup:
Didn't know Stella sell shandy :)
:thumbup:

Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I picked up a bargain new aquarium today, saved a fortune. Then after getting it home I realised I need to go out tomorrow and spend twice as much again on a suitable filter. :silent:

The sun was out and I had to detour down some fast country lanes, first decent drive in over a year. :thumbup:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Yambo wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:44 pm Broke the law
Always knew you were dodgy ;)

Was looking for that pic i took in the bar in your village where we were all lounging on the cushions after you "invited" us to join you but cant find the sodding thing :(