Friday thread 26th, the final lockdown

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Friday thread 26th, the final lockdown

Post by weeksy »

Saga Lout wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:05 pm You think this is the final lockdown? I admire your optimism (gullibility?).
FFS don't drag the despair into everything.

We're allowed more freedom as of Monday, let's go with a little positivity hey
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Skub wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:04 pm
Rockburner wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:24 pm
Saga Lout wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:05 pm You think this is the final lockdown? I admire your optimism.
That.
Easter and how folk behave will determine lockdown. (I may be hopeful,but I'm not optimistic)

If the cases begin rising again,we'll be at least back where we started. Rinse and repeat.
I'm hopeful. But I think there are too many people in government who want to keep it going. All the talk of new variants is to prime us so they can step in to save us from ourselves again.
weeksy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:11 pm
Saga Lout wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:05 pm You think this is the final lockdown? I admire your optimism (gullibility?).
FFS don't drag the despair into everything.
I hope I'm wrong, but I believed them about Christmas and look what happened then.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Please be sensible, it would be smashing if everyone didn't turn into dickheads and cause another wave and lockdown. I'd really like to visit some old people this summer because it is very likely to be the last time I see them.
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

With nearly 50% of the population having had, at least, their first shot and almost 100% of the most vulnerable receiving it, I think there is every reason to be optimistic about a controlled but linear return to normality. As much as I like the irascible old codger, Saga does like to provide a cloud for every silver lining
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I had my vaccine yesterday. Someone advised me to take some paracetamol and drink plenty of water an hour before, so I did. The side effects listed included hunger, so to be on the safe side I had a large, protein packed dinner :D I feel as right as rain now - I hardly felt the injection, felt fine afterwards and have a very minor ache in my arm.

@Le_Fromage_Grande You had yours yesterday too. How are you feeling today?
Lockdown refugee
Potter

Post by Potter »

Nidge wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:37 am With nearly 50% of the population having had, at least, their first shot and almost 100% of the most vulnerable receiving it, I think there is every reason to be optimistic about a controlled but linear return to normality. As much as I like the irascible old codger, Saga does like to provide a cloud for every silver lining
The vaccine doesn't stop you catching it, one of our department heads had two weeks off sick with covid and only came back to work at the end of this week - and he got his vaccine (both doses) a couple of months ago.

I hope it all goes away tomorrow, look on the bright side and all that, but I fear the general public have other ideas about helping to keep it going.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

My way of thinking is, once the whole population has been vaccined, the virus can do wtf it wants. Those who can't have the vaccine for medical reasons, well, I'm still working on that one. 🤔
Yamaha rocket 3
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Trinity765 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:59 am I had my vaccine yesterday. Someone advised me to take some paracetamol and drink plenty of water an hour before, so I did. The side effects listed included hunger, so to be on the safe side I had a large, protein packed dinner :D I feel as right as rain now - I hardly felt the injection, felt fine afterwards and have a very minor ache in my arm.

@Le_Fromage_Grande You had yours yesterday too. How are you feeling today?
That’s pretty much my experience so far. Had mine at 7pm last night. Had some paracetamol before I went to bed, slight ache in my arm this morning.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Dodgy knees wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:26 am My way of thinking is, once the whole population has been vaccined, the virus can do wtf it wants. Those who can't have the vaccine for medical reasons, well, I'm still working on that one. 🤔
Without wanting to drag this into a virus thread, the fly in the ointment are variants that the vaccine is less effective against.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

wheelnut wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:56 am
Dodgy knees wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:26 am My way of thinking is, once the whole population has been vaccined, the virus can do wtf it wants. Those who can't have the vaccine for medical reasons, well, I'm still working on that one. 🤔
Without wanting to drag this into a virus thread, the fly in the ointment are variants that the vaccine is less effective against.
And those pesky forriners, when people want to go abroad on holidays