What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ZRX61

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ZRX61 »

Ended up in the ER for a few hours this evening. Checking in & the guy ahead of me is telling the nurse that he has "back & chest pain". Nurse is asking him all sorts of questions.
Finally I say "Ya might want to look at the back of his shirt..."
Nurse: Holy shit, is that a tire mark??
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

gremlin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:39 pm I've been interviewing internal candidates for a junior role on my desk. One was born in 1999, two years after I started with my employer. I told him that putting his DOB on the CV was his first black mark in the interview process. :P
You’d better give him the job now ‘cos he’s potentially got an age discrimination case otherwise... and I’m not sure I’d use “black mark” in a negative way either.... ;)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Got my car's ECU back today and fitted it and its working fine again now. :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

French lesson this morning. Managed to pick up my package containing the HDMI thingy I ordered (so I can plug in more than one thing to the tv!!). Missed getting to the market to see my friend that sells cakes there

Then back to resort. Pretty much all the folks that I meet with up here are leaving tomorrow or Saturday. So we had a small get together. Kinda sad really - but better that they go now than get stuck here if France goes on the UKs Red list :(

Bloody hope that enough vaccines happen over the summer to make next season possible!!!! I'm bored now of the lack of lifts, bars and people!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Went to do a site survey up near Wolverhampton. Turns out our office is 1.3 miles away from Muzzychuck and Sunny. As I'd done my biweekly Covid test this morning and come back negative I popped I to see them and had a brew and a chat socially distanced in the garden. Been a good few year and was good to catch up with them both. Sunny gave me four baby chilli plants she'd grown which was an added bonus and made up for driving 5 hours in the car on the motorway.
Last edited by derek badger on Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skub

Post by Skub »

derek badger wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:33 pm Went to do a site survey up near Wolverhampton. Turns out our office is 1.3 miles away from Muzzychuck and Sunny. As I'd done my biweekly Covid test this morning and come back negative I popped I to see them and had a brew and a chat socially distanced in the garden. Been a good few year and was food to catch up with them both. Sunny gave me four baby chilli plants she'd grown which was an added bonus and made up for driving 5 hours in the car on the motorway.
The old woodchuck seems to be enjoying lockdown. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Skub wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:38 pm
derek badger wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:33 pm Went to do a site survey up near Wolverhampton. Turns out our office is 1.3 miles away from Muzzychuck and Sunny. As I'd done my biweekly Covid test this morning and come back negative I popped I to see them and had a brew and a chat socially distanced in the garden. Been a good few year and was food to catch up with them both. Sunny gave me four baby chilli plants she'd grown which was an added bonus and made up for driving 5 hours in the car on the motorway.
The old woodchuck seems to be enjoying lockdown. :lol:
He now looks like that scary man all the public service films warned you not to go into the woods with. And yes, he offered to take me out into the woods on his quad bike. And yea, I declined...
Skub

Post by Skub »

derek badger wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:42 pm
He now looks like that scary man all the public service films warned you not to go into the woods with. And yes, he offered to take me out into the woods on his quad bike. And yea, I declined...
I bet if suncream had been mentioned the story might be different.... :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Yesterday I discovered a large bruise that I had no idea what caused it. Closer examination this afternoon appears to show two pairs of fang bite marks. May have caused the issue that put me in the ER last night.
Potter

Post by Potter »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:23 pm Yesterday I discovered a large bruise that I had no idea what caused it. Closer examination this afternoon appears to show two pairs of fang bite marks. May have caused the issue that put me in the ER last night.
Take garlic.
I've read enough books to know that the vampire apocalypse always starts in LA.
Potter

Post by Potter »

I went running yesterday, again.
Well, it's a run/walk situation because I'm unfit now, so every other day I do a four mile walk/run thing where I try to do 50/50. It's getting a bit easier and being able to jump into the pool to cool off when I get back is a massive morale booster.

I'm old though, it used to be so much easier :(
formula400

Post by formula400 »

had some cereal and about to go and move a few old race bikes
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:23 pm Yesterday I discovered a large bruise that I had no idea what caused it. Closer examination this afternoon appears to show two pairs of fang bite marks. May have caused the issue that put me in the ER last night.
You mentioned a roomie? In your sleep...
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Mojave Rattler. Dibs on the Kwak!
formula400

Post by formula400 »

claimed around the roof of a garage and moved loads of fairings and fairing moulds. great fun and got covered in dirt :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Set the curtains twitching in the conservation area village I’ve just moved into. I expect the clerk of the parish council is muttering something about Hell’s Angels as we speak....

ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Potter wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:23 am Take garlic.
I've read enough books to know that the vampire apocalypse always starts in LA.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Left home earlier than needed this morning to wave some friends off as they left resort :(

Found where I had to go for a women stuff appointment - lucky I was a bit early for it as the Apple maps app is shit! At least google found it ok! :D

Then met a friend for a takeaway coffee and sarnie. We walked to the park so her little boy could run around and use the playground stuff there. I got sunburnt! :o :o LOL

Then a bit more wait and off I go for my first chip insertion! I'm pretty sure I can assimilate the chip rather than the other way around and on that basis the second chip should give me super powers :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench:

Stopped to see two lots of people to talk about a possible business opportunity :o (Serious crossed fingers)

Drove back to resort in time to see the physio - who told me off for getting sunburn over my scar :( :(

Now waiting for some veggie quiche to cook so I can eat, maybe have a snooze then watch the rugby at 9pm :( :(

Oh - also waiting to see if I can assimilate the chip or if I'll grow an alien head instead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
cheb

Post by cheb »

Got yet another compressor running. This one is destined for supplementing the main compressor when I need lots of air for grit blasting. The outlet had been snapped off at the head. Being as the head is symmetrical all I had to do was remove it and turn it round.

asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Noggin wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:12 pm Left home earlier than needed this morning to wave some friends off as they left resort :(

Found where I had to go for a women stuff appointment - lucky I was a bit early for it as the Apple maps app is shit! At least google found it ok! :D

Then met a friend for a takeaway coffee and sarnie. We walked to the park so her little boy could run around and use the playground stuff there. I got sunburnt! :o :o LOL

Then a bit more wait and off I go for my first chip insertion! I'm pretty sure I can assimilate the chip rather than the other way around and on that basis the second chip should give me super powers :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench:

Stopped to see two lots of people to talk about a possible business opportunity :o (Serious crossed fingers)

Drove back to resort in time to see the physio - who told me off for getting sunburn over my scar :( :(

Now waiting for some veggie quiche to cook so I can eat, maybe have a snooze then watch the rugby at 9pm :( :(

Oh - also waiting to see if I can assimilate the chip or if I'll grow an alien head instead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Had my second chip inserted - currently no contact from Bill