What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Skub

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Skub »

Had to drop stuff to my sister's house,so out on the bike for a couple of hours.

I normally don't ride on a Sunday unless I can get away early in the morning and today reminded me why I do that. The roads were bunged,queues at filling stations and folk everywhere enjoying the sun like lockdown is history.

Some fine examples of riders who possibly haven't been out in a while and some of their riding was beyond shit. I took as many back roads as I could to get away from them.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Managed to removed a wedged MT2 taper from my new (to me) mill. Some gorilla had done the draw bar up like a loony..

Had to freeze it in the end.... then it just dropped out with a gentle tap.

What sort of goon does a draw bar up that tight?

Also found why the washing machine had an interesting aroma... a blocked drain. Slight mistake bringing the airline in and giving it 120psi.... 😂
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Gregor wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:39 pm Got fed up with the peeling gaffa tape on the seat of the BMW, now sporting a sheepskin pad again, needs a bit of trimming up and fixing on properly.Lovely having a warm bum after the cold fake leather original.

When it gets wet?
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:03 pm
Gregor wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:39 pm Got fed up with the peeling gaffa tape on the seat of the BMW, now sporting a sheepskin pad again, needs a bit of trimming up and fixing on properly.Lovely having a warm bum after the cold fake leather original.
When it gets wet?
Then it works like a wetsuit.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

hoovered :hmmm:
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Taff

Post by Taff »

Tried to dig out a tree stump. Is actually 2 trees in one, a hazel and Holly combined into one massive root ball. Hours of digging and chopping at roots and the bastard thing isn't even rocking 🤨
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taff wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:53 pm Tried to dig out a tree stump. Is actually 2 trees in one, a hazel and Holly combined into one massive root ball. Hours of digging and chopping at roots and the bastard thing isn't even rocking 🤨
I've got a mate over your way who does it.

demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

derek badger wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:35 pm Lectron carb?!
Well, that as well.

And don't worry, the nice paring chisel doesn't go anywhere near gasket faces, its for paring wooden things.
Don't hold yer breath for much action on the bike front either, I'm on a shite job at the moment and not getting much time to work on anything else.
Oh yeah and the gold looks a bit "John Mccriricks watch" and not exactly my favourite colour but thats just how VHM heads come, got no choice in that bit.
Last edited by demographic on Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Had an early morning jab then off for a pedal. Myself, wife and son Tom rode to the fil and gave her scarifier a blast. Good for collecting moss. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Back home and 20 miles done. Lovely and warm in the 🌞 so Tom got some coop cider for our first garden drink of the year. Coop cider is shite, I recommend Compton oaks out of the big bottle stuff. Sunday lunch and chill.

Very odd side affect this morning for about an hour, mild pain in opposite arm, no i don't understand. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Might take tomorrow off and have another pedal. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

:banana-wrench: :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench:

Just made the call (again!) and now have vaccination dates!!

:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Woo feaking hoo :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

AND - I did it in French!! LOL Can do the talking but it's difficult to write down days, numbers and times after hearing them spoken very fast in French!! LOL Kinda weird, I don't seem to be able to think AND write in French at the same time!! :lol: I can do one or the other!! So much for multi-tasking :lol: :lol:

:banana-wrench: :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I booked my jab for Friday and the second for 16th June.

I had bread and butter pudding made with blueberries (as I've no dried fruit) with (actual) Greek yogurt for breakfast - winning :banana-dance:
Lockdown refugee
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Rode the Triumph for the 1st time 5 months after buying it :oops:

Rather surprised at how easy it is to ride given how everyone says they are tall and heavy, once it's at walking pace it's really well balanced as doesn't feel like it will topple over.

So much so it's got me thinking I need to look at the Guzzi suspension as that feels a lot more chattery and doesn't give the same confidence.

Ergonomics play a massive factor though, fell like i'm sat on the Guzzi and more 'in' the Triumph - kind of behind the front wheel rather than on top of it.

Front brake needs looking though at as it's not anywhere near good enough power wise.
Taff

Post by Taff »

Ditchfinder wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:14 am Rode the Triumph for the 1st time 5 months after buying it :oops:

Rather surprised at how easy it is to ride given how everyone says they are tall and heavy, once it's at walking pace it's really well balanced as doesn't feel like it will topple over.

So much so it's got me thinking I need to look at the Guzzi suspension as that feels a lot more chattery and doesn't give the same confidence.

Ergonomics play a massive factor though, fell like i'm sat on the Guzzi and more 'in' the Triumph - kind of behind the front wheel rather than on top of it.

Front brake needs looking though at as it's not anywhere near good enough power wise.
which triumph is it?
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

This big ugly b*stard Image
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Booked for me and the missus to take our RYA competent crew course.
5 days - almost a holiday!
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

I could post some of this in the things that piss me off thread but as it's been a mixed bag it's all in here. Market day today so got my fruit and veg then a load of other shopping. so far so good.

Another power cut started at 11:30, off until 17:30. Not a big deal, we get lots of power cuts but I'd put a wash on earlier having forgotten about the power cut. Power is back on now and the was cycle has just finished.

Around lunchtime I got a text message from UPS telling me the code I need to give their driver when he delivers my parcel. Not long afterwards I get another text message from the Marmaris UPS branch telling me that they have a parcel for me but won't deliver it as I live outside their service area. In the past UPS have delivered to me but in the last couple of years they have stopped coming here. So I sent them a snotty message saying I had paid for delivery and they need to deliver. They replied that they won't deliver, they'll hold the parcel for 4 days and then they'll send it back (and probably lie to the consignor that I wasn't in or something). Bastards.

With no electricity I went up to the boat after putting all the shopping away and at last got all the back end bits wired in, bilge pump and shower. In doing so I broke the curfew again. Deep joy.
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Ditchfinder wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:08 pm This big ugly b*stard Image
Every branch, twice!

:D
cheb

Post by cheb »

Had my hearing aids fitted. I'm not yet convinced I'll wear them much, they amplify the wind noise annoyingly and I spend much of my time outside, and alone.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bought a chest freezer. 7.1 cuft Hotpoint (Chinese). $215 out the door from Lowes
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Walked the dogs, did some gardening and went to work, where I had to turn the power off in a hurry due to some idiot running around on the track. We’ve had lots of troubled people visit the railway today (some have been successful☹️) it would appear the nice weather has brought them all out☹️
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."