What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

Had an awesome Sunday roast that I didn't cook (TBF, I haven't cooked one for myself for a blooming long time!). Not quite sure where the sage n onion stuffing was, but didn't like to mention that!! LOL It seemed churlish as we had raclette last night and drank far too much (for me) G&T and then port!! LOL (Two ex navy officers in charge - port was definitely flowing!! :lol: :lol: )

Kinda cool to have food cooked for me.. Doesn't happen often!! :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Popped down to Lidl to pick up a couple of galvanised garage shelving units going for a steal, then after half an hour of trying to get them to stay together gave up and returned the POSs. Most stuff from there is good but occasionally it is utter trash.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Noggin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:26 pm Had an awesome Sunday roast that I didn't cook (TBF, I haven't cooked one for myself for a blooming long time!). Not quite sure where the sage n onion stuffing was, but didn't like to mention that!! LOL It seemed churlish as we had raclette last night and drank far too much (for me) G&T and then port!! LOL (Two ex navy officers in charge - port was definitely flowing!! :lol: :lol: )

I just googled Raclette because I always get it mixed up with Rillettes and I couldn't remember which was which. My googling did not disappoint, check out this marvelous contraption.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/62814/Lakela ... D_BwE:G:s
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Sorting leathers, helmets, boots and gloves with the wife for the start of the season.

I think there's a new helmet on the way after today for her.

My kit is all good to go !
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

The dog has been named by my daughter...

Bob...

This means I get to do a blackadder “bOb” loads of times a day...
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:57 pm The dog has been named by my daughter...

Bob...

Is the pup a girl then?
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Short for Kate
Skub

Post by Skub »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:57 pm The dog has been named by my daughter...

Bob...

Next door used to have a dog named Bob.

He was a rocket. At night I had endless fun getting him to chase the light from a torch. During the day he only ever chased shadows of birds and spent hours every day staring at the ground waiting for the next attack.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Yesterday I came across this video:

Which lead to me buying this on Amazon:

Did a WallyWorld run & came across a jacket I just had to buy. Similar to the M65 for $25 in black, beige, OD green & gray. Got me the green version. :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:48 pm
Noggin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:26 pm Had an awesome Sunday roast that I didn't cook (TBF, I haven't cooked one for myself for a blooming long time!). Not quite sure where the sage n onion stuffing was, but didn't like to mention that!! LOL It seemed churlish as we had raclette last night and drank far too much (for me) G&T and then port!! LOL (Two ex navy officers in charge - port was definitely flowing!! :lol: :lol: )

I just googled Raclette because I always get it mixed up with Rillettes and I couldn't remember which was which. My googling did not disappoint, check out this marvelous contraption.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/62814/Lakela ... D_BwE:G:s
Raclette on those machines is freaking awesome!! Usually only in restaurants, partly cos the quarter or half a cheese they put on is somewhat expensive to buy!! LOL Best fun is either a half cheese challenge or two people attacking a quarter from each side!! Yeah, we have low expectations for fun!! LOL

The raclette my friends have in their chalet is similar to this -

Theirs is round and has two layers of heating element! Something they hadn't tried is cooking an egg in one tray, cheese in another and pouring both over ham and potato on the plate :lol: :lol:

This is the half cheese version usually found in restaurants up here

Downside is that the one you posted and the half usually end up with serious cheese babies for 12-24 hours!! :lol: At least the domestic ones don't seem to encourage you too much as it's done with slices of cheese. But - like anything buffet-like, very easy to keep on going :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very necessary to have salad/sliced raw veg with it to help with the digestion!! LOL :mrgreen:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Watching the end of some 999 program last night there was a bloke who chopped his arm of with a mitre saw and I casually mentioned to my wife that was the new tool I bought last week, cue half an hour of her worried I was going to do the same. I chose not to mention that I have more dangerous tools out there.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Finally given in and set up a Facebook account. :sad:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

gremlin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:56 am Finally given in and set up a Facebook account. :sad:
Why ???

I'm still resisting...

I did notice a lack of activity on the RTTL Facebook account, but TBH with the forum going as it is, i'm not inclined to join the FB thing still..
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

weeksy wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:59 am
gremlin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:56 am Finally given in and set up a Facebook account. :sad:
Why ???

I'm still resisting...

I did notice a lack of activity on the RTTL Facebook account, but TBH with the forum going as it is, i'm not inclined to join the FB thing still..
I asked the missus if she'd heard when the yoga classes were starting up again....her answer, 'It's on her Facebook page'. Ditto the gym news, they're only on FB. Seems that it's the only way small businesses communicate these days, which is fair enough. I have no interest in posting endless pictures of my dinner/dog/kid nor updating thew world on my latest bowel movement or random thought, but for keeping up to date with family it may have it's benefits, although one of the first pictures to assail me when I signed up was my sister's Staffie grinning inanely at the camera.
In addition, I took delivery of some gym equipment for the home gym recently, the guy asked me to post some photos on Facebook when it was installed to give his business a bit of a push. I told him I didn't have FB. He did that slow blink thing, as if he were talking to a simpleton. Figured maybe it was time....
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:59 am
Why ???

I'm still resisting...

I only joined to see what my old racing buddies are up to. Now in a few racing groups.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Finished off a bakewell tart, well two. Finished off as in put the icing on them! LOL Haven't tried it yet

Cut one up and shared it to various friends. The smaller one was boxed and given to a friend to freeze for her hubby's birthday in a couple of weeks :D:D

Also met the hubby to give him some of the cut bakewell for their journey back home to the south!! He thinks I should bake as a business - but I'd need somewhere with an actual kitchen before I could try and sell cakes!! LOL
cheb

Post by cheb »

I've given up opening new FB accounts only to have them closed as suspicious. They get closed as i won't tell FB as much as they want, they don't need my marital status etc.

I'm currently drinking tea before going outside to do some work.
Potter

Post by Potter »

gremlin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:08 am
I asked the missus if she'd heard when the yoga classes were starting up again....
Couldn't you just have asked on Mumsnet when you were discussing other womens stuff?
Potter

Post by Potter »

Wot I have done today?

Up at 5am, coffee, catch up with emails and people in different time zones, etc, same as most mornings.
Took junior to college, came home, more online meetings, catch-ups.

Now I'm having my second coffee and a break and chatting shite on here.
Then heading out for face-to-face meetings, I think I'll take the bike.

Aim to be home for 5pm, half an hour swim, shower, catch up with emails, eat dinner with Mrs Potter and my boy if I can drag him away from his computer and that's another day gone. In the little bubble we call reality I've probably achieved quite a bit, but outside of that I haven't done much apart from move some electrons around and give out some direction for things that I want to happen.

There isn't a single complaint in me, I like my life, but I do wonder whether this is what we're supposed to be doing or whether we were all better off sitting around fires, collecting food and nuts and drawing on cave walls. There is way too much information to absorb and consider these days, it's no wonder peoples brains frazzle.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Potter wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:58 am
gremlin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:08 am
I asked the missus if she'd heard when the yoga classes were starting up again....
Couldn't you just have asked on Mumsnet when you were discussing other womens stuff?
Ommmmmmmm......

As my chakras are aligned, and channeling positivity for all, I offer you only peace, brother Potter, and the hope that one day a sharp and spiny catcus is inserted roughly up your anus, without the courtesy of allowing you to don the Painful Bumming Hat. Namaste.

:obscene-birdiedoublered: