How much does exclusivity/name/badge/marque matter to you ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Nordboy

Re: How much does exclusivity/name/badge/marque matter to you ?

Post by Nordboy »

Nope, i’ve owned Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, KTM, Aprilia, Yamaha. Just whatever takes my fancy (and budget) at the time?

No doubt i’ll go through a few more makes before my biking days are totally over.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

With the exception of one or two brands (MV Augusta perhaps), i’ve never really viewed any bike makes as above the other. The main brands, BMW, Honda, Yamaha, Ducati etc I’ve always viewed as similar.

I’m a bit of a tart when it comes to kit though. I’ve learned to buy expensive, good quality kit as it works and it lasts.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Asian Boss wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:46 pm I don't care about the image but I place some score by brand values. I trust Honda to make a reliable vehicle. I do not trust Ducati to the same extent.
Similar here.
non quod, sed quomodo
dayglo jim

Post by dayglo jim »

There are certain models that I'd like but they are across brands, so no real loyalty. Some heavily modified bikes I've ridden are totally different to stock versions, some feel better some not so. I don't think I've enjoyed riding any 'chopper' versions of otherwise perfectly healthy bikes.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I definitely don't follow brands in any aspect of life!! LOL My clothes are what I find that does the job and fits. I bought a couple of cool ski hoodies only to have to 'adjust' them so I could wear them more comfortably and am now about to make my own bespoke version

Bike wise is similar - I ride what I like. I start with 'that looks nice/cute/fugly' and move on to 'Fck that's uncomfortable/comfortable' or 'ride is awesome/yucky'. I still miss my Blackbird but also miss the TLs, 390Duke and ZX10r - four completely different bikes but I loved them all for different reasons and would happily have them all in a garage if I had one!

I don't know enough about things to be a brand follower. I just like what I like :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I'll ride any bike that's road worthy and fits me regardless of brand, engine size and reputation. If I like it, I'll buy it if I can though I've barred myself from the comfy chair at the dealers :lol:

I like riding a British bike but that's a coincidence and not planned in any way.
Lockdown refugee
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

I’ve had aches and pains in my hip and neck the last few weeks - (1963 intake ) sort of makes you understand why people might choose cruisers -
I like hondas - I’d like to try a Ducati and or a BMW at some point
G.P

Post by G.P »

Not much, but it does count.
My Ducatis aren't as well made as the Hondas I've owned but are more nicely designed and make me smile when I open the garage door.
They also deliver a different experience.
When I look for a particular type of bike I'll look for the Ducati version of it first. That Said, my daily mule is a Triumph Tiger, but I like Triumphs too.

Maybe it just comes down to the T shirts..