Didn't know where to put this... Gone but not forgotten, Fizzy... he was a boy...

Anything you like about motorbikes
weeksy
Site Admin

Didn't know where to put this... Gone but not forgotten, Fizzy... he was a boy...

Post by weeksy »

Image2018-09-08_08-30-03 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Found this when looking through for another pic. This was at Rockingham where Fizzy (Brendan) was being chased on his GSXR750 by Mrs Weeksy on her ZX6R and the 2 of them had a proper ding-dong all day. I don't think Mrs Weeksy will have any embarassment if i say Fizzy won that day and she couldn;t quite match him.

We had some epic days with Fizzy, Steve and Dave N. The most memorable though being this Rockingham day where Fizzy struggled in session 1 with his brakes, we then checked the calipers and found he had NO pad material at all... just none... I was absolutely creased up when i saw them, we shot down the road to Kawasaki store and bought new pads... it was a revelation to him ! The transformation from the morning to the afternoon, it was comical.

Top fella and i still think about him at times, always fondly.
Noggin

Re: Didn't know where to put this... Gone but not forgotten, Fizzy... he was a boy...

Post by Noggin »

He was fab. I often remember him on the mountain, partly cos me and some friends has a celebration of life up here for him, when I couldn't get back for the funeral, that involved a LOT of Genepi and a LOT of laughs. We were sat on a mountain in the clouds - reminding me of the clouds of vape smoke that normally surrounded him!!. I miss him. We sat chatting at Pembrey with another friend of mine one Friday evening and had a really good evening :D

These two photos make me laugh and that day is one of my funniest memories of him -

the socket set before Fizzy picked it up

Fizzy replacing all the sockets after he'd picked up the set and tipped them all on the ground!!

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Tricky

Re: Didn't know where to put this... Gone but not forgotten, Fizzy... he was a boy...

Post by Tricky »

He was indeed a real character

Lots of memorable times with him, one of those was the night before this pic (which is the Friday on the Pembrey 2018 TRC weekend) was taken.
Just he and I stayed in a tiny pub (Red Lion I think?) in the village of Pembrey itself that evening, we walked in there, Fizzy with his shorts, grey socks and Jesus sandals on, and there were just half a dozen locals sitting chatting at the bar.
It went totally silent when we walked in, and was like that scene in An American Werewolf in London- everyone staring at us and Fizzy completely oblivious.
He of course was pretty much oblivious of most things going on around him most of the time and could only really talk with one volume level, which is FUCKING LOUD!!, even when he's whispering, so was an interesting evening spent with all the other people just staring at us for the whole night :D

Anyway, very sadly gone but definitely never forgotten - Stelvio!
IanB

Post by IanB »

I have very fond memories of Fizzy from the Pembrey track days; in particular his insightful but amusing view of the world, the homebrew vape cloud & that smile like in Tricky's photo.

His - shall we say - enthusiastic overtaking methods in my group on track also spring to mind!

What a shame. What a waste.
G.P

Post by G.P »

I remember him coming past our van on his GSXR on the M4 heading home. Fucking awful conditions ,but with a grin on his face.
I often think of him when I see people vaping, he'd like completely disappear for a couple of seconds, totally enveloped in smoke / vape / etc.
RIP Dude x
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

IanB wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:44 pm I have very fond memories of Fizzy from the Pembrey track days; in particular his insightful but amusing view of the world, the homebrew vape cloud & that smile like in Tricky's photo.

His - shall we say - enthusiastic overtaking methods in my group on track also spring to mind!

What a shame. What a waste.
That sums it up for me, a tragic waste
G.P wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:41 pm I remember him coming past our van on his GSXR on the M4 heading home. Fucking awful conditions ,but with a grin on his face.
I often think of him when I see people vaping, he'd like completely disappear for a couple of seconds, totally enveloped in smoke / vape / etc.
RIP Dude x
Remember that, it was so wet it was dead dodgy in the van, let alone on a bike.
And yeah, I had a conversation (well, being honest it was more him talking at me) with him about the science of vaping and his rig - the vaping equivalent of Moss's mobile phone , and a dedicated " zero-ohm-er" :lol:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

For such a troubled soul the only times i ever saw him he was always smiling and laughing ....... you never know whats going on away from everyone else

As has been said above, what a tragic waste of a good bloke :(