Insurance Q ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Nobby

Insurance Q ?

Post by Nobby »

A watch that was taken as part of a Burglary , has been returned to its owner by the Police after 2 years.
I would have assumed that the Insurance company were now the Legal owners ??
What say you ?
ogri

Re: Insurance Q ?

Post by ogri »

If the insurance company paid out for the watch then i imagine you would be required to inform them of its recovery.
Then you would probably have to come to an arangement if you want to keep the watch.
Ignorance is bliss
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

bit like right of salvage in the case of a right off, but only in reverse? but with an agreed adjustment via, i guess, a loss adjuster....guessing it wasnt the only missing item as part of the claim.
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

rodbargee wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:48 pm bit like right of salvage in the case of a right off, but only in reverse? but with an agreed adjustment via, i guess, a loss adjuster....guessing it wasnt the only missing item as part of the claim.
It was part of the swag that a pair of shits had away from my Boys place. Two years on one of them tried to pass it on at a Pawn Shop and was flagged up on the serial number. I dare say that the Insurers having been informed 6hat it's been found. That would be down to the Boy I suppose. He could always put in a very , very low offer and see if they accept. :thumbup:
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

When we had a visit by the scumbags 8 years ago, the stuff they half inched was itemized and we received something akin to its value. On taking said cash, we gave away the right to get the stuff back, as it was deemed the property of the insurers.
Not to say if they were in possession, we could buy it back, but at a highly inflated value.
You can't win.
8 years on and we still can't forget how awful it was.

Coppers said they hated burglars the most.

I definitely hate them.