Gagging for a proper ride..

Anything you like about motorbikes
Dodgy69

Gagging for a proper ride..

Post by Dodgy69 »

Ain't been on the tracer for age's, 4/5 months. 👎 I'm really needing a good ride out. 150+ miles. Before this lockdown, I was playing on the crf, but that's a different game altogether. It's the faster, seaside trip I'm needing now, more than ever. Hope it won't be long. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
KungFooBob

Re: Gagging for a proper ride..

Post by KungFooBob »

I've done a coupe of local rides (fortunately I live on the edge of the peak district), the weather looks great for this weekend, but I honestly don't know if there's a chance of me getting fined if I go further afield to Cleggy or Skegvegas.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Waiting for the end of March when hopefully travel will be allowed so I can do a day trip to Dartmoor and back to buy some of the worlds best marmalade.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:13 pm I've done a coupe of local rides (fortunately I live on the edge of the peak district), the weather looks great for this weekend, but I honestly don't know if there's a chance of me getting fined if I go further afield to Cleggy or Skegvegas.
Had a week in Skeggy a couple of year's back, took the mil. Thought it was pretty tidy, contrary to popular belief.
Yamaha rocket 3
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Dodgy knees wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:10 pm Ain't been on the tracer for age's, 4/5 months. 👎 I'm really needing a good ride out. 150+ miles. Before this lockdown, I was playing on the crf, but that's a different game altogether. It's the faster, seaside trip I'm needing now, more than ever. Hope it won't be long. 👍
Feel lucky you have it with you. My Rockster is parked up 30 miles away, Beanie is the last person who rode it, and i can't even get to my tools because they're buried behind a house's worth of furniture and crap.

Just go out this weekend and get a ride while you can.
Pics for the rest of use would be appreciated! :)
non quod, sed quomodo
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

You guys have got far less smutty as you've got older :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Locally (N.Ireland) we are up to 9 nine road deaths this year already,but 3 of those were motorcycle riders. One just up the road from me yesterday.

Given the vast difference in numbers between cars and bikes on the road,that is shockingly high and no doubt will focus heat on riders.

Take her handy out there folks.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I know I've ridden a handful of times, but in pain, so I'm not counting that!!

When I can get out comfortably it'll be almost 4 years!!!

However, I intend to relearn at a sensible rate. Build up my skills again cos, both mentally and physically, I need to adjust to/relearn riding, and riding on the right side of the road!!

Not only cos of the time off a bike but also cos of the lunatic French that use the white lines like the dotted line on a paper licence!!! And also have zero regard for other road users!! LOL

Sadly, a lot of people don't seem to realise that it takes a few days to get back to full skills (maybe not for everyone??) so the start of the 'season' there are always a few :( :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

The CBR doesn't have tyres at the moment...the front valve has perished and broken off. I need to take the wheels, rather than the whole bike, to a dealer and few of them are open.

It has been something of 'blessing', it means I don't have to wonder "can I justify this ride?".

All my other bikes are are in various states of disassembly.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I washed and polished the Bus for a ride out this afternoon (I know that sounds like the wrong order, bust it was filthy after a couple of damp rides).

Was just about to gear up and the wife comes out to tell me the washing machine is dead and she's going to see her mum. Then spent 2 hour fixing the washing machine, then the rugby came on, so tomorrow is the day, I'm going to attempt more than a fifty mile round trip and see if I get caught.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

I did 80 miles last Sat, and 40 miles yesterday.

I've not been further than town in over 2 months so don't feel bad about it at all. Maybe if I was snogging everyone in tesco but not riding a bike on my own
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

There were a few bikes on the coast road to North Berwick this afternoon and a couple sitting outside the chippy. Loads and loads of cyclists tho’.

I’m keeping my bike in the shed till it gets a bit warmer. I’m fine myself but Mrs S gets cold hands really easily and it sort of cuts down how far we can go in lower temps.