What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Yorick »

One of the Enduro lads is doing some carpentry upstairs and Pen invited him to stay for lunch.
About 1ish she serves up some lovely pancakes.
Just at that time another pal returned my Husky. So Pen made some more pancakes. Them 2 been pals 20 years and always give Pen some verbals ;)

2 hours later we all decided that maybe we should do summat else :D

Lovely way to kill a couple of hours on the patio :)
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:39 am
ZRX61 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:25 pm Did a bit of yard work while we had a B2 flying around the patch making multiple passes over the house :)
I've seen them a few times flying around my office. Our buildings where pretty much lined up with the runways at Brize Norton and Fairford, a couple of miles 'upwind'. I assume the B2s were at Fairford, you'd see them flying around a bit and then a gap of years before they came back.
They built a couple of hangars & other infrastucture for them at Fairford (or Brize?), then the Google Earth image mysteriously ended up being an earlier shot that doesn't show the new construction.. (edit, newer image is back, even shows two B2's on the ramp.)

In related news we've had a Boeing E-4 stooging around for 2 or 3 days too. It was doing circuits & bumps for a while tonight
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Had a ride on the BMW, filled it with 99RON, tyre pressures, rode home.

Finally made coffee table for the wife that I'd be thinking about for aaaages. Ordered the toughened glass for the top as well. Pictures when finished.

Now doing to have a little rest!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Emptied a friend's mobile home. By Christ even tiny 'homes' contain an awful lot of stuff.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Got an eyetest for the first time in about 10 years.

Apparently I'm utterly fine except for a slight slow down on the muscles that control closer vision. Oddly that's what i told them when i sat down.......

Naturally they recommended reading glasses, but i politely deferred... I can live with having to wait a second or two before i can focus on things less than a foot away!
non quod, sed quomodo
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Somehow managed to fart with the correct tone/duration to make the dog think someone rung the doorbell causing him to run to the front door barking like a lunatic.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

DefTrap wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:31 pm Emptied a friend's mobile home. By Christ even tiny 'homes' contain an awful lot of stuff.
I can confirm that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Today I've not done some stuff I was going to, but I've done other stuff!!

I made caramel of a tin of condensed milk. Then made Millionaire Shortbread!

Met some friends that had been touring (my arm/shoulder muscles are still complaining from the mammoth ski tour on Thursday, so I didn't join in!) for a vin chaud out side

Came home and did random stuff (moving things around in the name of making space/tidying/organising)

Then a friend came to drop off her snowboard as we are going touring tomorrow, she stayed for a coffee - whilst she was here another friend dropped off some ingredients as I'm baking afternoon tea for her for a few days this week (chalet guests, oven not arrived yet :roll: ). Long time since I've had two visitors in my place! They had to rush to leave as needed to walk home before 6pm curfew!!

So I made a chinese dinner and I'm going to have a very early night soon as we are setting off at about 6.30am to walk up and see the sunrise colours in the morning!! :D :D (My friend is walking up to mine to pick up her snowboard then she'll attach it to her back pack and we'll set off!)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
cheb

Post by cheb »

Can you still buy tubes of condensed milk in France? It used to be sold in metal tubes, like toothpaste, and if boiled for the correct amount of time turned into a squeezable caramel.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

cheb wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:34 pm Can you still buy tubes of condensed milk in France? It used to be sold in metal tubes, like toothpaste, and if boiled for the correct amount of time turned into a squeezable caramel.
:O :O :O

Sounds amazing! But I've not seen them - TBF I've not looked!!!

I ended up with a load of cans of condensed milk from chalets over the years. I've had limited success with fudge, so when I friend made caramel from a tin of condensed milk, I had to try. Then had to find a way to use it up! LOL
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Went for a walk with the missus on the beach on Mersea Island, picked up some fresh Sea Bass and other fishy bits for nibbles.
Came home and attempted to fit a new outside tap without turning off water so got a little damp 😄
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Replaced an intercooler pipe and fixed a leaking spill rai on my truck. Turned up a pipe sleeve for my brothers car to save him removing the supercharger to replace a holed water pipe. Went food shopping...

Rock n roll,me!
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Went out on my CBR for the first time in 3 months I'd forgotten .....
Neck was killing me when I got home.
Fired up and didn't miss a beat
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Spent some time working out how to rearrange my garage to get more space, gave up and listed the folding camper on Gumtree.
I was able to find space to use the new mitre saw but I have expansion plans, the 2 smaller trailers can stay but the big beast has to go. Serendipity happened as my neighbour's handyman was unblocking her drain, he's in his 70s and retired but does a little to keep busy and he also owns the right tool to cut a door sized hole in the back of my garage.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Bought an old secondhand motor, a 55 plate Citroen Berlingo MPV. So I am now officially an Old Person.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:22 pm Bought an old secondhand motor, a 55 plate Citroen Berlingo MPV. So I am now officially an Old Person.
That's fine... as long as it's a wheelchair one with a ramp, that you're going to use for taking the bike to trackdays.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

KungFooBob wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:24 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:22 pm Bought an old secondhand motor, a 55 plate Citroen Berlingo MPV. So I am now officially an Old Person.
That's fine... as long as it's a wheelchair one with a ramp, that you're going to use for taking the bike to trackdays.
I do actually have a van for that (a VW Transporter T4), but I will be measuring the BingoWings up in the morning to see...
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

There was a wheelchair one for sale local to me a few years back for buttons, I worked out I could fit the bike in if I took the passenger seat out.

Then I bought a rusty Transit.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Yeah, I think it might be just a bit too small to fit a bike in. The LC or the Duke might just fit in if I use a crowbar. Can't beat a proper van though. I could never be without one. The Bingo is mainly being bought to encourage SWMBO to pass her car test.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Noggin wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:13 pm
I made caramel of a tin of condensed milk.
Isn't that dulce de leche?

You could make it sound way fancier if you use the fancy name.