More electric bikes

Anything you like about motorbikes
Potter

More electric bikes

Post by Potter »

Came across this today, apparently it's epic to ride, the power is instant and feels amazing, so I'm told.
But they carry the weight high up so it feels heavy, the advice was to get the naked one which feels better.
Skub

Re: More electric bikes

Post by Skub »

They look pretty sharp.

As ever,those fat bois need to work on losing a few KGs.

At least 65 to lose still!

Is that about 30k in real money? :shock:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Thats the faired version of the red naked bike I posted a few weeks back. MCN described the throttle as "flawless" IIRC.

The first solid state battery road vehicle goes on sale this year, that's a step change in battery performance. Like I said before, won't be long now until electric vehicles outperform ICE in every (measurable) aspect except recharge time.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Horwin

https://www.horwinglobal.com/cr6-pro.html

Interesting twist that:

The newly developed HORWIN electric motor combined with the mechanical 5-speed manual transmission is probably revolutionary in this performance class. It combines pure driving pleasure combined with electric environmentally friendly drive as you only know it from conventional motorcycles.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Kneerly Down

Post by Kneerly Down »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:40 pmThe first solid state battery road vehicle goes on sale this year, that's a step change in battery performance. Like I said before, won't be long now until electric vehicles outperform ICE in every (measurable) aspect except recharge time.
That doesn't bode well for residuals on current EVs does it?
If there really are some step changes on the way would people be paying anything like the current amount asked for used Teslas, iPaces and the like?
Will presumably make the leasing companies task of coming up with a reasonable quote all the trickier as well?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

It's gonna be complicated for sure. Heaven help anyone trying to come up with PCP estimates at the mo.

What happens the residuals on an ICE car when petrol is taxed X times more than it is now?

Edit: although I suspect that SS batteries will land in really expensive cars first, then they will come down to midly expensive ones and so on, so its not like a switch will be flipped overnight.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Kneerly Down wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:05 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:40 pmThe first solid state battery road vehicle goes on sale this year, that's a step change in battery performance. Like I said before, won't be long now until electric vehicles outperform ICE in every (measurable) aspect except recharge time.
That doesn't bode well for residuals on current EVs does it?
If there really are some step changes on the way would people be paying anything like the current amount asked for used Teslas, iPaces and the like?
Will presumably make the leasing companies task of coming up with a reasonable quote all the trickier as well?
Dunno, you could argue its even worse for internal combustion residuals.
They'll drop faster than secondhand Masarati values.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:40 pm Thats the faired version of the red naked bike I posted a few weeks back. MCN described the throttle as "flawless" IIRC.

The first solid state battery road vehicle goes on sale this year, that's a step change in battery performance. Like I said before, won't be long now until electric vehicles outperform ICE in every (measurable) aspect except recharge time.
That's not that much of a challenge really, as if you ignore recharge time use a full battery in 10 seconds and get as much power as you want. Recharge time is a pretty major stopping point.
Honda Owner
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

If you have an electric car that can reliably go 500 miles on a charge and which doesn't cost a hundred grand recharge times will worry people much less.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

So SS batteries are safer, lighter and should be cheaper. If they manage to make a large family estate that can go 500 miles and not cost £5000 more than the ICE equivalent then my next car in a few years may be an EV.
Hopefully they won't still all be SUVs.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Mussels wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:19 pm Hopefully they won't still all be SUVs.
The styling might be a function of packaging; possibly the SUV form give a higher floorpan so more room for batteries (keeping their weight relatively low).
Even bland can be a type of character :wave: