Are Trump protests finished?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
DEADPOOL

Re: Are Trump protests finished?

Post by DEADPOOL »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:13 pm I think any argument that the US is half that or half the other rather overlooks the fact its not a "free" choice...as in, it's pretty much between candidates A and B, not "you can have whatever you want".
Yes of course but if you chop something in half, it has a middle, a left and a right.

The left is currently attempting to silence the right and they hold virtually all the power in the US.

Supreme court next I suggest. Pack the courts, fill it up with partisan Democrat judges and you're home and dry.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Saga Lout wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:09 pm
Horse wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:54 pm
Saga Lout wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:45 pm Which is fine only as long as your idea of "deadbeat whinging and horseshit" aligns closely enough with Youtube's, Twitter's and Facebook's.

Like the video you found that can't be found (and, yes, I note you left Google off the list - deliberately?)?
Maybe deliberately. Or maybe because I was responding to

DefTrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:25 pmWhat i want to know is who is using the likes of YouTube / Facebook / Twitter as their source of 'truth' ?

If YouTube / Facebook / Twitter did have an algorithm
You decide. :roll:
So you think that the owners of YouTube have inflicted different censorship algorithms from the owners of Google? :roll:

And still no answer to why the alternative thinkers are so reluctant to fund their own uncensored hosting area.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:20 pm

Yes of course but if you chop something in half, it has a middle, a left and a right.
Only if you chop it into three halves.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Horse wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:26 pm And still no answer to why the alternative thinkers are so reluctant to fund their own uncensored hosting area.
Yes I did. A big one.
DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:34 pm The people who own and run big tech are not fools...
...and a little one specifically addressing your point.
DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:18 pm
Horse wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:06 pm Still begs the question: why haven't all of the affronted people put there dollars up and created a non-censorable hub
Using Parler as an example ...
But since you use the phrase "alleged censorship" I know my words are falling on deaf ears.
Your argument appears to be you have some diminished capacity and I am not sure how seriously you expect anyone to take your comments if that is going to be your m.o.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

JackyJoll wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:31 pm
DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:20 pm Yes of course but if you chop something in half, it has a middle, a left and a right.
Show me an example of something you can chop in half that does not have a middle.

I am only responding because Mr. Dazzle seems to like the idea.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:43 pm
JackyJoll wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:31 pm
DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:20 pm Yes of course but if you chop something in half, it has a middle, a left and a right.
Show me an example of something you can chop in half that does not have a middle.

If you chop something in half it then has two middles. Is that the point?
Horse

Post by Horse »

OBO wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:27 pm I have no interest in the "staying alive" forum as I find it extremely dull, I don't go in there posting CRAP such as "yawn", I just stay out of it. Perhaps YOU should try doing the same chap, it's really not difficult. ☺
HTH.
Yozzer quite often posts in SA.

It's the only way to keep the rest of us awake:)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

We're really arguing over something imaginarily being chopped up and how many pieces or middles it does or doesn't have ? Really ? fuck me, i get better arguments out of my 12 year old LOL.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:43 pm
Yeah weeksy, we all know who the real player is here. ;)
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:13 pm I think any argument that the US is half that or half the other rather overlooks the fact its not a "free" choice...as in, it's pretty much between candidates A and B, not "you can have whatever you want".
And that choice is usually between 2 billionaires. In US politics if you are not mega-rich you are dead. It also helps enormously if you have a dad who was mega-rich too.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Horse wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:26 pm
Saga Lout wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:09 pm
Horse wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:54 pm
Maybe deliberately. Or maybe because I was responding to

DefTrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:25 pmWhat i want to know is who is using the likes of YouTube / Facebook / Twitter as their source of 'truth' ?

If YouTube / Facebook / Twitter did have an algorithm
You decide. :roll:
So you think that the owners of YouTube have inflicted different censorship algorithms from the owners of Google? :roll:
Now you're being silly. It's almost as if you're implying that I don't know who owns Google and who owns Youtube.

They obviously have different algorithms, I don't profess to know why they have different algorithms.
Last edited by Saga Lout on Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

weeksy wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:59 pm We're really arguing over something imaginarily being chopped up and how many pieces or middles it does or doesn't have ? Really ? fuck me, i get better arguments out of my 12 year old LOL.
It was a very serious point regarding left vs. right wing politics where people were suggesting anyone on the right in the USA would be classed as an extremist. Now I appreciate that is in fact what the left are saying and the Biden administration are using this idea to effectively legislate against and silence an entire tranche of the US electorate.

I wouldn't normally respond to any snide remarks especially from that member but since Mr.D turned up, I thought it might at least develop into an interesting mathematical conundrum.

I was wrong.
Last edited by DEADPOOL on Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Nope, the rolleyes was because I'm sure you do - highlighting the absurdity of what you (and others) have suggested about censorship.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Horse wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:11 pm Nope, the rolleyes was because I'm sure you do - highlighting the absurdity of what you (and others) have suggested about censorship.
Yes, it's absurd. Google owns Youtube, why wouldn't Youtube use Google's search engine? Why wouldn't they use the same algorithms? They obviously don't, I don't know why.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Yes.

I think the Trump protests are about finished.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Saga Lout wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:20 pm Yes, it's absurd. Google owns Youtube, why wouldn't Youtube use Google's search engine? Why wouldn't they use the same algorithms? They obviously don't, I don't know why.
Probably cause they operated as separate entities for many years first and their respective back end tools are deeply embedded now.

Your main argument seems to be that you can't find videos therefore they're being censored. As I've said, I found 'em really easily...so whats going on? Are they being censored, cause my experience would suggest not.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:11 pm The Trump protests may not yet be "finished", instead it looks to me as if they are being stopped. The current administration is systematically destroying every single aspect of the Trump era whether that is to the benefit of the USA or not. The political right is being eradicated, the USA is becoming a single party state.
IA single party state? I realise that you're only here for the trolling and probably don't believe most of what you type, but at least try and keep it away from fantasy.

The house has a current slim democratic majority, the senate has a current slim republican majority. The majorites now are the probably the thinnest they've ever been. There was time in the 60s when the democrats had big majorities in the senate and house. Those days are long gone and that's probably the reason why most presidencies (of any party) fail to get anything constructive done.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:28 pm Your main argument seems to be that you can't find videos therefore they're being censored. As I've said, I found 'em really easily...so whats going on? Are they being censored, cause my experience would suggest not.
IME Youtube has a very weird search function that seems to be heavily influenced by what you have already viewed, but NOT with any degree of equality. If you have seen 1000 videos, 500 from one genre, 500 from another almost any search will chuck up stuff from both, but not with any semblance of even-handedness. It will also fling in some really wild cards that seem pretty random.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Yeah pretty much....

As I said before, I suspect the fact that I haven't previously tried to find said video - or anything like it - before is precisely why I could find it so easily.

If anything that is the opposite of censorship to me, that is YouTube trying to find as varied a content as it can. I don't think for a second that is cause they want to be a bastion of even handed viewing...its cause they want me to keep coming back for new content.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Mr D.

Did you find the video with almost 2 million views?

When I search for "state farm arena video" I find videos with 31K, 12K, 172, 15K, 102K, 53K, 51K, 12K, 6.2K etc. It "knows" the one I want but it shows me several videos of people "debunking" it.