Are Trump protests finished?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
DEADPOOL

Re: Are Trump protests finished?

Post by DEADPOOL »

Well, bear with me here, let's do a little gedankenexperiment.

Assume the election was fair and half dead Biden earned the most votes of any president ever. We should also assume the USA want to destroy their own oil industry, open the borders to any and all migrants and fast track the 10/20 million "illegals"already there, give them all free healthcare etc. "Equity" for all BAME is also a priority, not equality, they already have that.

Plus of course the average American does want to have their right to bear arms removed and are happy with the idea that "domestic terrorism" is the real threat so additional laws will be required for the government to investigate internet history, private messaging, social media activities, bank transactions etc. on a whim without the need for any evidence of wrongdoing ("being a Trump supporter" is enough). Obviously the extreme security with half the national guard still on duty "protecting" the Senate behind massive razor wire barriers is "just in case".

Let's just assume all that is true. That is what America wants.

So now the gedankenexperiment.

How would this look any different if the whole charade was driven by CCP interference with the promise of unlimited billions for all the big tech, global industries and the personal wealth of the "elected" officials?

I am not suggesting for one moment that is the case. I am just wondering out loud, now that wars cannot be won by mere physical force, how a power hungry state actor might go about improving their global position. How would they infiltrate and destroy the world order? What would they do and how would that be any different from what is happening in the USA?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

You're like a dog with a bone. :wtf:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:19 am Well, bear with me here, let's do a little gedankenexperiment.

Assume the election was fair and half dead Biden earned the most votes of any president ever. We should also assume the USA want to destroy their own oil industry, open the borders to any and all migrants and fast track the 10/20 million "illegals"already there, give them all free healthcare etc. "Equity" for all BAME is also a priority, not equality, they already have that.

Plus of course the average American does want to have their right to bear arms removed and are happy with the idea that "domestic terrorism" is the real threat so additional laws will be required for the government to investigate internet history, private messaging, social media activities, bank transactions etc. on a whim without the need for any evidence of wrongdoing ("being a Trump supporter" is enough). Obviously the extreme security with half the national guard still on duty "protecting" the Senate behind massive razor wire barriers is "just in case".

Let's just assume all that is true. That is what America wants.

So now the gedankenexperiment.

How would this look any different if the whole charade was driven by CCP interference with the promise of unlimited billions for all the big tech, global industries and the personal wealth of the "elected" officials?

I am not suggesting for one moment that is the case. I am just wondering out loud, now that wars cannot be won by mere physical force, how a power hungry state actor might go about improving their global position. How would they infiltrate and destroy the world order? What would they do and how would that be any different from what is happening in the USA?
You accuse left wing media of manipulating the narrative but you are trying to do exactly the same.
Voting for Biden doesn't mean the average American wants to destroy the oil industry, more likely they want to destroy the dependency on oil.
I doubt any Biden voter thinks for a moment that it will be open borders for immigrants.
They probably do believe domestic terrorism is a threat, both extremes are a problem but it seems left go for riots and the right go for more deadly events even though it tends to be lone nutjobs doing it.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Mussels wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:49 am You accuse left wing media of manipulating the narrative but you are trying to do exactly the same.
Voting for Biden doesn't mean the average American wants to destroy the oil industry, more likely they want to destroy the dependency on oil.
I doubt any Biden voter thinks for a moment that it will be open borders for immigrants.
They probably do believe domestic terrorism is a threat, both extremes are a problem but it seems left go for riots and the right go for more deadly events even though it tends to be lone nutjobs doing it.
"Manipulating the narrative" is a non sequitur. You're either manipulating the truth to suit a narrative or accepting the media actually has a narrative rather than a commitment to simply tell the truth.

OK, assume the idea is to "destroy the dependency on oil". They're still going to need just as much of it, except now they import it. Remembering the current presidential diktat merely prevents America from being self sufficient in oil/gas production.

You should probably revisit your opinion on open borders in light of recent factual events.

What are "they" suggesting the consequence of "domestic terrorism" is? How is it defined? Currently it appears to mean "not supporting the left wing agenda" as described in my last post.

Question still stands though. Assuming the USA does indeed support the changes being made by this new government, how would this situation look any different if it was an orchestrated attempt to undermine America's position as the worlds greatest superpower?
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

weeksy wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:23 am You're like a dog with a bone. :wtf:
I'm just answering the question.

The Trump protests may not yet be "finished", instead it looks to me as if they are being stopped. The current administration is systematically destroying every single aspect of the Trump era whether that is to the benefit of the USA or not. The political right is being eradicated, the USA is becoming a single party state.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:11 pm The political right is being eradicated, the USA is becoming a single party state.
The political right in the USA would be considered extremists anywhere else.
The political left in the USA are mainstream centre-right.

If you want sympathy for extremsists you are on the wrong forum.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:11 pm
I'm just answering the question.

The Trump protests may not yet be "finished", instead it looks to me as if they are being stopped. The current administration is systematically destroying every single aspect of the Trump era whether that is to the benefit of the USA or not. The political right is being eradicated, the USA is becoming a single party state.
Isn't it just 'a new administration''?
Didn't Trump try and undo a lot of what Obama did?

Biden won by hardly a landslide. Trump lost only because (forgetting about all the accusations of 'interference' for a second) he made himself just (just!) unpopular enough overall to throw it away.
My biggest beef with U.S. politics (and UK to some extent) is how polarised two party it is. So whilst it might look like 'all that good work is being undone' , that's what you get with right/left flip-flop politics.
Last edited by DefTrap on Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:23 am Getting back to the topic the left wing obsession with anti-Trump legislation, a.k.a. Trump derangement syndrome, shows no sign of abating.

Like Trump's obsession with anti-obama legislation. Presidents get in to power - that's what happens. Especially as Trump had that much shite that needed undoing. :mrgreen:
DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:23 am On a positive note, they have unilaterally rescinded sanctions against Iran, releasing literally billions of dollars at the stoke of a pen. Why on earth would they do that? Who benefits from that, apart from Iran and of course China?
You put some strange tin foil hat spin on things - it's quite comical to read really.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, he's reinstated the US's membership of multi-nation deal that was put in place to help stop Iran developing Nuclear weapons.
OBO

Post by OBO »

Yorick wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:21 pm Is there a prize for the biggest and best arguing?
Arguing? I'm seeing an interesting discussion going on AND plenty of members are reading it!

The only irritant is ONE poster (you) trying to troll the discussion with snidey little posts such as "yawn"....and this one I've quoted above.

Seriously Yorick, you clearly don't like the politics forum so WHY don't you just stay out of it?? There are about 20 other forums here for YOU to choose...FFS.

I have no interest in the "staying alive" forum as I find it extremely dull, I don't go in there posting CRAP such as "yawn", I just stay out of it. Perhaps YOU should try doing the same chap, it's really not difficult. ☺
HTH.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

OBO wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:27 pm
Yorick wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:21 pm Is there a prize for the biggest and best arguing?
Seriously Yorick, you clearly don't like the politics forum so WHY don't you just stay out of it??
Cause he's a mod? Read between the lines ;)
OBO

Post by OBO »

Horse wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:18 pm
DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:51 pmyou're funny enough as it is.
I'm 'funny peculiar'. I've had brain surgery, so at least one of us has an excuse :)
I NEED brain surgery...that's my excuse. 😁
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:28 pm
Cause he's a mod? Read between the lines ;)
Can’t possibly be a twit then.

Does being a mod mean he can’t have an ignore list? Not even a pretend one!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Arguing? I'm seeing an interesting discussion going on AND plenty of members are reading it!

The only irritant is ONE poster (you) trying to troll the discussion with snidey little posts such as "yawn"....and this one I've quoted above.

Seriously Yorick, you clearly don't like the politics forum so WHY don't you just stay out of it?? There are about 20 other forums here for YOU to choose...FFS.

I have no interest in the "staying alive" forum as I find it extremely dull, I don't go in there posting CRAP such as "yawn", I just stay out of it. Perhaps YOU should try doing the same chap, it's really not difficult. ☺
HTH.
I have to read it coz I'm a moderator. Not here through choice :D
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Lets keep the discussion on track please gents. I can't be arsed telling you off like naughty schoolkids.
OBO

Post by OBO »

Yorick wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:52 pm

HTH.
I have to read it coz I'm a moderator. Not here through choice :D
Ah I see...😂
Well since that cruel Mr Weeksy is forcing you to read the politics forum daily you might as well enjoy it....I recommend Deadpools posts, the guy talks alot of sense! :thumbup:
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:21 pm
DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:11 pm The political right is being eradicated, the USA is becoming a single party state.
The political right in the USA would be considered extremists anywhere else.
The political left in the USA are mainstream centre-right.

If you want sympathy for extremsists you are on the wrong forum.
Really? So virtually half of the American population are, by your definition, extremists?

Hey ho. I guess they deserve what's coming then. Sadly the only way any government can achieve the goal of stamping out "extremists" and "domestic terrorists" is by force. No wonder they need a razor wire fence and modified gun laws. I believe the idea of a state police force has already been mooted.

Like I say, it is looking grim for democracy let alone free speech if we condone such partisan behaviour.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Horse wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:54 pm
Saga Lout wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:45 pm Which is fine only as long as your idea of "deadbeat whinging and horseshit" aligns closely enough with Youtube's, Twitter's and Facebook's.

Like the video you found that can't be found (and, yes, I note you left Google off the list - deliberately?)?
Maybe deliberately. Or maybe because I was responding to

DefTrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:25 pmWhat i want to know is who is using the likes of YouTube / Facebook / Twitter as their source of 'truth' ? And how much time do they have to spend on any media (social or otherwise) fecking curating it to notice when their favourite videos / threads / channels go missing?

If YouTube / Facebook / Twitter did have an algorithm which let all the deadbeat whinging and horseshit slide metaphorically down the side of the sofa I wouldn't blame them. And leaves more room for me to endlessly watch people taking carburettors apart
You decide. :roll:
Last edited by Saga Lout on Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I think any argument that the US is half that or half the other rather overlooks the fact its not a "free" choice...as in, it's pretty much between candidates A and B, not "you can have whatever you want".
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Yorick wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:52 pm I have to read it coz I'm a moderator. Not here through choice :D
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

weeksy wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:07 pm Lets keep the discussion on track please gents. I can't be arsed telling you off like naughty schoolkids.
He started it.