Damon Hypersport - electric bike trend continues.

Anything you like about motorbikes
Asian Boss

Re: Damon Hypersport - electric bike trend continues.

Post by Asian Boss »

Skub wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:43 pm What does it weigh,mister?
Don't you worry about all that what it weighs bollocks, you worry about the textured insect protein you're going to have to eat!
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Asian Boss wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:27 pm
Skub wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:43 pm What does it weigh,mister?
Don't you worry about all that what it weighs bollocks, you worry about the textured insect protein you're going to have to eat!
Bring it on man. I reckon it'll taste like fried chicken and the masses will use it for obesity purposes. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:36 pm That lighter than my ZH2.
Honestly....I will believe the numbers when I actually see them. I know that sort of bike will certainly be possible in the pretty near future, but that claimed combination of weight, range and power is pretty spicy. Great stuff if they have done it though!

A bike which is the same weight and power as a petrol vehicle with shit loads more torque and midrange plus a higher top speed? Why wouldn't you buy one if you're in the market for that sort of thing?

It won't be very long until electric vehciles make petrol ones look a bit quaint and slow IMO.

Except the 25 grand bit. And the recharge time which I'll grant you :D
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I wonder about the secondhand market. Atm, I'd quite happily buy a 5 or10 year old petrol bike but with batteries I don't know. Do these big batteries degrade through poor charging routines, poor storage or damage from bike spills. ??? I suppose it's a concern for the younger folk. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

This is an interesting site. A friend went on it when he was getting frustrated by how his Nissan Leaf battery was performing (he has a petrol V8 for "proper" driving - like most EV owners I know seem to have!) and it's been very well used as he's been slowly working his way through EVs in a bid to find one he bonds with. He buys new and, to quote him, god help anyone buying one of my old ones with an expectation of the published "new" performance.

https://www.geotab.com/blog/ev-battery- ... 0cooling).