Are Trump protests finished?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
DEADPOOL

Re: Are Trump protests finished?

Post by DEADPOOL »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:29 pm As above....I found the offending video, which SL previously claimed has been removed entirely, on the first page of YouTube results using the prescribed search terms.

I think this is just a lesson in the way search algorithms work and not censorship at work. I dunno, maybe the fact I've not searched much for this topic brings the "obvious" videos up first whereas SL has looked loads so it discounts the big hitters thinking he's already seen them. Whatever it is, I suspect the explanation is pretty mundane.
Well you will be unsurprised to learn I watched every single one of those videos and they are mind numbingly tedious.

What I find interesting though is that it is a video of evidence given under oath, on pain of perjury by a large number of people who were actually present during those events and yet somehow, the majority of people in this forum want to believe they are all wrong, all lying and that nothing happened.

I can't quite understand how people can simply ignore such testimonies as if they know better.
Horse

Post by Horse »

DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:34 pmE.g. innocent schoolboy knocked off his motorcycle is a perfect example where virtually every individual word is a lie.
Indeed.

That junior Moto-X is a dirty business.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Horse wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:45 pm
DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:34 pmE.g. innocent schoolboy knocked off his motorcycle is a perfect example where virtually every individual word is a lie.
Indeed.

That junior Moto-X is a dirty business.
You don't have to feign ignorance for comic effect, you're funny enough as it is.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:51 pm
You don't have to feign ignorance for comic effect, you're funny enough as it is.
Can only speak for myself, but I often have serious conversations, just not with people like you.
Last edited by JackyJoll on Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:34 pm

That is a perfectly valid point of course. If you want to bury your head in the sand and ignore everything happening in the world that is absolutely your prerogative. It does not however bestow you with the authority to criticise those who do care about personal freedom of expression.

As for finding "stuff" on you tube: if you're asking me, I have already explained I never take the "headlines" at face value. E.g. innocent schoolboy knocked off his motorcycle is a perfect example where virtually every individual word is a lie.
Maybe the more popular social media is not the place for "personal freedom of expression" then because maybe the majority of users don't want it spoiled and maybe the hosts don't want it hijacked?

You can't force people to be engaged, cop a wobbly if they don't, nor be be critical of the hosts for not encouraging you.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Yorick wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:21 pm Is there a prize for the biggest and best arguing?
No, but some people are hoping that the most persistent and illogical argument will win eventually.

It has been said already, Yawn!

Trump is gone, in 4 years time we may or may not be blessed with a repeat performance. Until then let's just enjoy the respite.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Cousin Jack wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:10 pm
Yorick wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:21 pm Is there a prize for the biggest and best arguing?
No, but some people are hoping that the most persistent and illogical argument will win eventually.

It has been said already, Yawn!

Trump is gone, in 4 years time we may or may not be blessed with a repeat performance. Until then let's just enjoy the respite.
Woah. I meant the best arguing on here.
Horse

Post by Horse »

DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:51 pmyou're funny enough as it is.
I'm 'funny peculiar'. I've had brain surgery, so at least one of us has an excuse :)
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:57 pm Maybe the more popular social media is not the place for "personal freedom of expression" then because maybe the majority of users don't want it spoiled and maybe the hosts don't want it hijacked?

You can't force people to be engaged, cop a wobbly if they don't, nor be be critical of the hosts for not encouraging you.
Thank you for a reasoned and articulate response.

While I like to think I am not trying to force anything on anyone (this is a debate on "theTrump protests" after all) I should be wary of perhaps tying too hard to defend my opinions. In fairness, it does feel as if sometimes I am trying to defend myself against accusations of tinfoilhattery simply because a lot of the stuff I have run into is not carried on the mainstream media.

Given time I can only hope some of the more dangerous situations, like the Biden mafia's deep involvement with the CCP and Burisma does become more mainstream. If only because then I can say "see, I told you so".
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Horse wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:18 pm
I'm 'funny peculiar'. I've had brain surgery, so at least one of us has an excuse :)
Did it work?
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:25 pm
DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:34 pm stuff
What i want to know is who is using the likes of YouTube / Facebook / Twitter as their source of 'truth' ? And how much time do they have to spend on any media (social or otherwise) fecking curating it to notice when their favourite videos / threads / channels go missing?

If YouTube / Facebook / Twitter did have an algorithm which let all the deadbeat whinging and horseshit slide metaphorically down the side of the sofa I wouldn't blame them. And leaves more room for me to endlessly watch people taking carburettors apart
Which is fine only as long as your idea of "deadbeat whinging and horseshit" aligns closely enough with Youtube's, Twitter's and Facebook's.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:33 pm
If only because then I can say "see, I told you so".
What platform you gonna do that on then? ;)
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:45 pm
DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:33 pm
If only because then I can say "see, I told you so".
What platform you gonna do that on then? ;)
The way things are going?

https://www.gov.cn/english/
Horse

Post by Horse »

JackyJoll wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:39 pm
Horse wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:18 pm
Did it work?
The brain? Occasionally. The operation? Yes, thanks, there's a thread.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Saga Lout wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:45 pm Which is fine only as long as your idea of "deadbeat whinging and horseshit" aligns closely enough with Youtube's, Twitter's and Facebook's.
Like the video you found that can't be found (and, yes, I note you left Google off the list - deliberately?)?
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Saga Lout wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:45 pm]

Which is fine only as long as your idea of "deadbeat whinging and horseshit" aligns closely enough with Youtube's, Twitter's and Facebook's.
I suppose opinions differ as to where moderation (by algorithm or personal) ends and censorship starts. Youtube Twitter and Facebook aren't a news service. If content is engaging enough to pull in ads revenue and not so controversial that it's a pain in the starfish, then I'm sure they're all for it
Horse

Post by Horse »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:58 pm
Saga Lout wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:45 pm]

I suppose opinions differ as to where moderation (by algorithm or personal) ends and censorship starts. Youtube Twitter and Facebook aren't a news service. If content is engaging enough to pull in ads revenue and not so controversial that it's a pain in the starfish, then I'm sure they're all for it
And worth noting that WB, seemingly arbitrarily*, lost Google Ads (and so potential income for TRC) because of some perceived breach of Google's T&Cs. But, more importantly, Google's T&Cs reflect the company's desire to be a successful company, not to support stuff it didn't agree with.

The alternative, of course, is put up or shut up. If enough people think a platform is required for their views, fund it. But it seems that idea isn't appealing.

* Ok, it might have been the 'this girl' thread. But that's not definite.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Getting back to the topic the left wing obsession with anti-Trump legislation, a.k.a. Trump derangement syndrome, shows no sign of abating.

Never mind the covid crisis or real world problems like Texas freezing solid, it is much more important to stop any president "twice impeached" from being buried at Arlington. Another bill would remove or prevent any Trump monument, road sign, memorial etc. from being erected.

It's almost as if they haven't got anything better to do.

On a positive note, they have unilaterally rescinded sanctions against Iran, releasing literally billions of dollars at the stoke of a pen. Why on earth would they do that? Who benefits from that, apart from Iran and of course China?
cheb

Post by cheb »

I'm fairly certain the Romans did similar, passing a law removing names and statues.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:23 am , it is much more important to stop any president "twice impeached" from being buried at Arlington.
As long as he can go there straight away, I'm all for it. ;)