Are Trump protests finished?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
DEADPOOL

Re: Are Trump protests finished?

Post by DEADPOOL »

wheelnut wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:06 pm If it wasn't reported on how did you hear about it? Trump was his own worst enemy, he did his best to alienate the press from day one with his fake news bollocks and in that, if nothing else, he succeeded. He even managed to alienate Fox news at the end.
By doing simple investigative journalism. If I can do it (and @Saga Lout ) then anyone who is interested in the full story can.

The FBI sat on the Hunter Biden laptop for a year and are only now investigating for CCP money laundering and tax evasion. What's the betting they don't find anything?

This weeks top investigative journalism includes what flavour of ice cream Joe Biden likes, the extraordinary news that he likes to put a log on a fire in the Whitehouse (sadly not the metaphorical truth) and that he is "an early to bed kinda guy".

The media are really giving him a tough time...
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Saga Lout wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:36 am
The media gave Trump a hard time and Biden an extraordinarily easy time. Reporters are supposed to report, investigative reporters are supposed to investigate and report. Are there any investigative reporters left? If so why didn't they investigate and report on the Hunter Biden laptop story? If that laptop had belonged to Donald Trump Junior it would have been headline news for a month at least.
Whilst it's absolutely true that individual news outlets are biased, its just not believable that they're ALL colluding to suppress information or actively avoiding seeking it out in the first place.

If you and Deadpool actually have information worthy of a news story I imagine there's plenty of takers.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:34 pm Whilst it's absolutely true that individual news outlets are biased, its just not believable that they're ALL colluding to suppress information or actively avoiding seeking it out in the first place.

If you and Deadpool actually have information worthy of a news story I imagine there's plenty of takers.
Well, how much coverage of the Hunter Biden laptop has there been? It's juicy stuff too, drugs, under age cousins and of course CCP millions pumped into the Biden family. What do we hear about the Burisma scandal. You know, the one that got Trump impeached the first time for asking questions of the Ukranians. Questions like, why did Joe Biden insist the prosecutor investigating Burisma get fired or you don't get state aid. We certainly heard a lot more about Trump asking "inappropriate" questions.

Anyway, through gritted teeth, I give you this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-54553132

I appreciate it is an entire article which "debunks" everything but pay attention to how the mainstream media excuse these revelations. So Hunter Biden gets paid millions by the CCP for making personal introductions but no one knows who "the big guy" is. Could be anyone...
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:34 pm
Saga Lout wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:36 am
The media gave Trump a hard time and Biden an extraordinarily easy time. Reporters are supposed to report, investigative reporters are supposed to investigate and report. Are there any investigative reporters left? If so why didn't they investigate and report on the Hunter Biden laptop story? If that laptop had belonged to Donald Trump Junior it would have been headline news for a month at least.
Whilst it's absolutely true that individual news outlets are biased, its just not believable that they're ALL colluding to suppress information or actively avoiding seeking it out in the first place.

I suppose it's also inconceivable that Twitter, Facebook and Youtube are censoring the news, but they are. Try finding the State Farm Arena video on Youtube, it isn't there any more, just several videos of fact checkers (or should that be "fact checkers"?) telling you that it doesn't show what you think it shows.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... rena+video
Horse

Post by Horse »

Saga Lout wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:07 pm

I suppose it's also inconceivable that Twitter, Facebook and Youtube are censoring the news, but they are. Try finding the State Farm Arena video on Youtube, it isn't there any more
And there's an aspect to this that I find confusing, although there must be an answer:

Why hasn't 'someone' set up an uncurated hosting site where such key source items can be hosted without fear of censorship?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

By the way, the video is on Youtube, you can find it with a Google search but you'll have difficulty finding it with a Youtube search. Maybe it's there somewhere if you scroll down far enough, who knows?

Horse

Post by Horse »

So just to be clear about this, the video which has been deleted / censored / banned is still there?

If so, no wonder these conspiracy theories are so well believed.
irie

Post by irie »

DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:22 am
Yambo wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:58 am Trump was cleared because no direct evidence that he had done what he was charged with was presented to the Senate. That's probably because there was no direct evidence that Trump had done what he was charged with. DEADPOOL has the evidence but he knew that if he coughed it up he'd be targeted by those that didn't want the evidence presented. Who that might be however remains a mystery.
Obviously I don't which is why I am asking uncomfortable questions rather than making statements. Surely I can't be the only person here who was surprised at the ease with which a crowd managed to barge into a high level government building during the runup to an inauguration?
Your conspiracy theory is that there are many conspiracy theories. You couldn't make it up! :lol:
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Horse wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:56 pm So just to be clear about this, the video which has been deleted / censored / banned is still there?

Yes, that's right. The video is still there, the search for the video has been censored. If I search for "state farm arena video" on Google it's the fourth hit, if I search for "state farm arena video" on Youtube it's videos of people talking about the video and telling me why I can't believe my lying eyes:
"Fulton County elections director addresses State Farm Arena surveillance video"
"Georgia election official explains State Farm Arena video"
"Fact-checking claims about election in Fulton County"
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Saga Lout wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:07 pm
I suppose it's also inconceivable that Twitter, Facebook and Youtube are censoring the news, but they are. Try finding the State Farm Arena video on Youtube, it isn't there any more, just several videos of fact checkers (or should that be "fact checkers"?) telling you that it doesn't show what you think it shows.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... rena+video
I dont buy that as none of the news services plus Twitter, Facebook and Youtube supportyour point of view then there must be a conspiracy.
Who's the ringleader then? Or is this just guessing games?
Horse

Post by Horse »

Saga Lout wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:28 pm
Horse wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:56 pm So just to be clear about this, the video which has been deleted / censored / banned is still there?

Yes, that's right. The video is still there, the search for the video has been censored. If I search for "state farm arena video" on Google it's the fourth hit, if I search for "state farm arena video" on Youtube
Oddly, sometimes when I search for things, the results will be displayed according to how the algorithms determine. For websites, this might be due to paid advertising, the ratings that the site has (high quality inbound links, good relevant material, etc.). There are people who make living out of knowing this stuff.

But hey, I'm bored, so I'll humour you.

Google
Screenshot_20210217-143639_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210217-143639_Chrome.jpg (713.49 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
Youtube
Screenshot_20210217-143623_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210217-143623_YouTube.jpg (962.6 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
Well, farkin hell - they're different - it's a Youtube conspiracy against rider training and our very own Spin.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

The State Farm Arena video from 3rd December has almost 2 million views. What sort of algorithm demotes that one to invisibility and promotes one with 31,250 views to the top of the list? Why would it do that?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

It's based on age and recent views too, otherwise the oldest videos would always stay at the top of the pile wouldn't they?

It's also based on your own viewing history.

FWIW I wouldn't surprised if they did try and bias away from extreme content in all forms. It's just a matter of what you consider to be extreme or fringe.

I'm with Deftrap mostly though....if there is some overarching big hand at work they're remarkably inconsistent.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Saga Lout wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:34 pm The State Farm Arena video from 3rd December has almost 2 million views. What sort of algorithm demotes that one to invisibility and promotes one with 31,250 views to the top of the list? Why would it do that?
No idea.

But my screeshots demonstrate that youtube and Google have different algorithms. Perhaps their respective owners have different ideas on censorship and are subject to different levels of lizard coercion?

:D

FWIW there are very simple ways video owners can improve their search appearance.
Horse

Post by Horse »

On this:
https://databox.com/youtube-seo-tips

The first thing it says is

"Google Search and YouTube use different algorithms to rank content.

"That’s important to understand as a marketer trying to get your videos to rank higher on YouTube. YouTube SEO isn’t a simple matter of taking the best practices of Google Search SEO and applying them to your YouTube content."

Include Your Keywords in Key Places.
Say Your Keywords in Your Video.
Create an Eye-Catching Thumbnail.
Use Tags, and Use Them Properly.
Create Long Videos.
Answer Unanswered Questions.
Horse

Post by Horse »

And ...

While it isn’t fully spelled out by Google, here’s what we know about the factors that impact how YouTube ranks a video:

The amount of time users have spent watching your video
If users clicking on your video to watch it after seeing it
If users interact/engage with your video (likes, comments…)
How well your video’s description and meta description matches the user’s query
The user’s previously watched videos (topics and channels)
How many videos the user has watched from your channel
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Yes, you're probably right. I search for the state farm arena video so Youtube obviously thinks I want to see people talking about the state farm arena video rather than the state farm arena video that I searched for. that's why it hides the State Farm Arena video way, way down out of view. It makes perfect sense.

For the record, I understand that different algorithms will prioritise different results. Google putting it at number 4, Youtube putting it at number 14 or 24 I would find puzzling but putting it at number 400* makes me think they're actively trying to hide it.

* Or 4,000 or whatever, I didn't scroll down far enough to find it so it might not be there at all.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I dunno which video you're referring to specifically, but if I search "state farm counting video" on YouTube I get three "live" (not actually live any more :D) multi hour videos of vote counting and loads of comment vids on the first page.

Clearly I'm in the inner circle and trusted to know these things.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Saga Lout wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:59 pm * Or 4,000 or whatever, I didn't scroll down far enough to find it so it might not be there at all.
Find the video's URL from Google search. Where is it hosted?

Add 'youtube' in on your google search, what happens?

It might be there. It's obviously somewhere. Congratulations, you've busted a conspiracy where all of the evidence is removed.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:24 pm I dunno which video you're referring to specifically, but if I search "state farm counting video" on YouTube I get three "live" (not actually live any more :D) multi hour videos of vote counting and loads of comment vids on the first page.

Clearly I'm in the inner circle and trusted to know these things.
Isn't strange that all the conspiracy theorists manage to quite easily find the information that's been mysteriously hudden from them. :P