Are Trump protests finished?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
DEADPOOL

Re: Are Trump protests finished?

Post by DEADPOOL »

Cousin Jack wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:16 pm
DEADPOOL wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:35 am Sadly it appears the truth is more mundane.
Yes.

President lost.
President threw a hissy fit.
President did a fair number of very questionable things.
President's supporters (lunatic fringe division) had a riot.
President's hope of overturning election were dashed.
President's impeachment trial failed.

I think that is a fair summary

Nope that's called spin. Two can play at that.

Mainstream media and big tech conspired to criticise Trump and promote Biden for years prior to and during the election
FBI and CIA also conspire under the direction of Obama/Hilary Clinton to invent Russian collusion
FBI, mainstream media and big tech bury a story about Hunter Biden being paid $100's of millions by the CCP
President did a number of very questionable things (hey you got one!)
President denied any opportunity to expose electioneering, vote rigging, ballot harvesting and fraudulent counting procedures
Number of states change the law on ballot counting procedure(s) (illegally and unconstitutionally) to allow the above
President holds a rally where more people attend than the entire Biden campaign could attract in a lifetime (I give him 6 months before the embalming fluid wears off)
Extraordinary lack of policing during a mass rally apparently at the direct request of Nancy Pelosi (yes, this is probably breaking news, more to come I should expect)
What little security was present basically allow a large crowd to enter the Senate and unsurprisingly, they cause mayhem
No one is killed except one woman, shot dead in a crowd, others died after experiencing "medical emergencies"
Trumps impeachment was based on nothing and came to nothing

I think that's a more accurate summary.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Some quite bizarre conspiracy theories going on there :D

And Trump’s impeachment achieved the same thing that Nixon’s and Clinton’s impeachments achieved.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

"Allowed a large crowd to enter the senate". Listen to yourself.

In the same way that you think conflating one definite death into five 'possibles' is egging the pudding, you must see that adding in a few extra layers of horseshit does absolutely nothing for the main thrust of your argument?

If you were to say "the media gave trump a hard time" then I'd probably agree with you, there's just no proof for any of the rest of it.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:38 am "Allowed a large crowd to enter the senate". Listen to yourself.

In the same way that you think conflating one definite death into five 'possibles' is egging the pudding, you must see that adding in a few extra layers of horseshit does absolutely nothing for the main thrust of your argument?

If you were to say "the media gave trump a hard time" then I'd probably agree with you, there's just no proof for any of the rest of it.
Yes I agree with your implied criticism of "allowed a large crowd to enter the senate", it does sound bad when you put it like that.

That's why I actually said, "What little security was present basically allow a large crowd to enter the Senate". I.e. the net effect of a surprisingly low level security is the primary cause for a large crowd being able to barge into an unprotected building.

All you have to do is give it a little thought. When our security services understand there is the potential for a large crowd to gather anywhere, they take appropriate steps to mitigate any potential issues. Things like football matches, extinction rebellion and even gay pride marches will all attract additional crowd control tactics.

So what steps were taken prior to the rally which had been very highly publicised for some time? What steps did the homeland security or the FBI or whoever suggest should be taken? More importantly, on whose authority was the level of security so lax? Was it a "normal" level of policing for such an event? What do you think?
Horse

Post by Horse »

Yambo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:36 am
demographic wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:48 am
But minutes before he spoke, when it came time for the most powerful Republican in Washington to hold Mr. Trump to account on the charge of causing the riot, Mr. McConnell said his hands were tied. It could not be done, he argued. He voted to acquit.
I wonder, just a little bit, what Mich McConnell's stance will be, as a senior Republican politician, when Trump decides he's going to run for president again next time round as a Republican.

I just wonder.
Trump recognises loyalty:

Former President Donald Trump has launched a scathing personal attack on fellow Republican Mitch McConnell.

"Mitch is a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack," said Mr Trump, "and if Republican Senators are going to stay with him, they will not win again."
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

That is indeed a fair assessment of Mitch McConnell but reading through it I can't help thinking that no way on earth did Donald come up with that combination of words used to describe him. :lol:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:57 am.

So what steps were taken prior to the rally which had been very highly publicised for some time? What steps did the homeland security or the FBI or whoever suggest should be taken? More importantly, on whose authority was the level of security so lax? Was it a "normal" level of policing for such an event? What do you think?
I reckon trump organised this 'lack of security' (why not? He was the actual president) so that his troupe of rebels would do more than wave a few banners outside and be dispersed, for great telly.

What do you mean I have no evidence? I can't believe you're not taking "stuff I reckon" seriously and debating it.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Well, neither did I and neither I assume did you. Plenty of people didn't organise an appropriate level of security, the question is, who should have? Certainly there are plenty of reports which suggest the security services were warning that additional measures should have been taken but warning who and who said "no"?

It appears that call was made by Nancy Pelosi. I don't know how true that is but it is relatively new information and we all know by now the truth remains elusive until the hype has done its job.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:16 am .... truth remains elusive until the hype has done its job.
And Trump is certainly the master of that. Well, he was until he had Twitter taken off him anyway. :mrgreen:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:25 am
Mainstream media and big tech conspired to criticise Trump and promote Biden for years prior to and during the election
FBI and CIA also conspire under the direction of Obama/Hilary Clinton to invent Russian collusion
FBI, mainstream media and big tech bury a story about Hunter Biden being paid $100's of millions by the CCP
President did a number of very questionable things (hey you got one!)
President denied any opportunity to expose electioneering, vote rigging, ballot harvesting and fraudulent counting procedures
Number of states change the law on ballot counting procedure(s) (illegally and unconstitutionally) to allow the above
President holds a rally where more people attend than the entire Biden campaign could attract in a lifetime (I give him 6 months before the embalming fluid wears off)
Extraordinary lack of policing during a mass rally apparently at the direct request of Nancy Pelosi (yes, this is probably breaking news, more to come I should expect)
What little security was present basically allow a large crowd to enter the Senate and unsurprisingly, they cause mayhem
No one is killed except one woman, shot dead in a crowd, others died after experiencing "medical emergencies"
Trumps impeachment was based on nothing and came to nothing

I think that's a more accurate summary.
You missed out the Lizard people
And Covid being a hoax
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Cousin Jack wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:40 am You missed out the Lizard people
And Covid being a hoax
<yawn>
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:47 am
<yawn>
I suggest some rest.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:16 am Well, neither did I and neither I assume did you. Plenty of people didn't organise an appropriate level of security, the question is, who should have? Certainly there are plenty of reports which suggest the security services were warning that additional measures should have been taken but warning who and who said "no"?

It appears that call was made by Nancy Pelosi. I don't know how true that is but it is relatively new information and we all know by now the truth remains elusive until the hype has done its job.
Whilst your search for the truth is commendable.

(a) he was cleared
(b) unless you provide some reasonable evidence for the Pelosi conspiracy theory then this isn't going anywhere.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:37 am Whilst your search for the truth is commendable.

(a) he was cleared
(b) unless you provide some reasonable evidence for the Pelosi conspiracy theory then this isn't going anywhere.
Trump was cleared because no direct evidence that he had done what he was charged with was presented to the Senate. That's probably because there was no direct evidence that Trump had done what he was charged with. DEADPOOL has the evidence but he knew that if he coughed it up he'd be targeted by those that didn't want the evidence presented. Who that might be however remains a mystery.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Yambo wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:58 am DEADPOOL has the evidence but he knew that if he coughed it up he'd be targeted by those that didn't want the evidence presented. Who that might be however remains a mystery.
Targeted? As in?
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

I can't tell you cos I'd have to kill you. You know how it is . . .
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:37 am Whilst your search for the truth is commendable.

(a) he was cleared

I have only recently heard of it, it's not as if the media have been at all busy themselves trying to find out what really happened. Even the unfortunate death of a police officer was reported as "being hit on the head with a fire extinguisher". Cue YouTube video of a fire extinguisher being thrown around. We have all seen that. I wonder how many people would have heard the silent retraction from that allegation after it turns out he actually died from a stroke some time later? Doesn't fit the narrative, doesn't get published.

Everyone seems more concerned with proving it was all Trumps fault. An understandable if rather inevitable quest but if it was such an obvious cut-and-dried case why did the prosecution suddenly have a change of heart when the defence suggested they wouldn't simply roll over but were going to insist on seeking evidence.

But Trump is bad therefore punish him for something. Yes ok, he is far from perfect (to say the least!) but even the worst criminal deserves a fair trial.

Anyhow, the theory goes that despite warnings from those in charge of security, a decision was made by someone that there would be no additional security to cover the Trump rally. Somebody made that decision and it wasn't Trump. All eyes are looking towards Pelosi.

Apologies for the long quote:

Erin Schaff/The New York Times
In the days leading up to the mob attack on the Capitol, congressional security officials never let House and Senate leaders know that the Capitol Police had warned they might need National Guard backup, according to a congressional aide and other people familiar with the matter.
The police request, made to the House and Senate sergeants-at-arms, was prompted by intelligence that showed Trump supporters planned to target the Capitol itself as Congress certified the Electoral College vote on Jan. 6, according to a congressional official. The Capitol Police asked the sergeants-at-arms to request that the National Guard be placed on standby.
But the sergeants-at-arms, Michael C. Stenger of the Senate and Paul Irving of the House, rejected the request without raising the issue with either the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, or Speaker Nancy Pelosi, according to the aide and another person familiar with the matter.
Mr. Stenger and Mr. Irving, who have resigned amid the fallout from the violence, would most likely have had to ask the leaders whether to approve the requests for such a serious measure, according to former sergeants-at-arms.
The sergeants-at-arms and the chief of the Capitol Police were also among officials who briefed lawmakers the day before the riot and reassured them that they were prepared for the events that day, going so far as to say the National Guard was on standby, though only a modest contingent was on duty to provide traffic control. The sergeants-at-arms are the chief law enforcement officers for the House and Senate, responsible for security matters and keeping order.
Their inaction was a key breakdown in a series of security decisions that left the Capitol inadequately protected as thousands of Trump rioters breached the building, leading to the melee that killed a Capitol Police officer and at least one of the rioters.
— Julian E. Barnes, Michael S. Schmidt, Luke Broadwater and Adam Goldman"

From the NY Times no less: https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/15 ... ment-trump

Incidentally, when you can't log in or read a webpage, select the text behind the log in request, "select all" and copy past into a text page. It will bring all the hidden text with it.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Yambo wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:58 am Trump was cleared because no direct evidence that he had done what he was charged with was presented to the Senate. That's probably because there was no direct evidence that Trump had done what he was charged with. DEADPOOL has the evidence but he knew that if he coughed it up he'd be targeted by those that didn't want the evidence presented. Who that might be however remains a mystery.
Obviously I don't which is why I am asking uncomfortable questions rather than making statements. Surely I can't be the only person here who was surprised at the ease with which a crowd managed to barge into a high level government building during the runup to an inauguration?
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:38 am ...

The media gave Trump a hard time and Biden an extraordinarily easy time. Reporters are supposed to report, investigative reporters are supposed to investigate and report. Are there any investigative reporters left? If so why didn't they investigate and report on the Hunter Biden laptop story? If that laptop had belonged to Donald Trump Junior it would have been headline news for a month at least.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Saga Lout wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:36 am The media gave Trump a hard time and Biden an extraordinarily easy time. Reporters are supposed to report, investigative reporters are supposed to investigate and report. Are there any investigative reporters left? If so why didn't they investigate and report on the Hunter Biden laptop story? If that laptop had belonged to Donald Trump Junior it would have been headline news for a month at least.
If it wasn't reported on how did you hear about it? Trump was his own worst enemy, he did his best to alienate the press from day one with his fake news bollocks and in that, if nothing else, he succeeded. He even managed to alienate Fox news at the end.