Will This Affect Euro Trackdays?

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Will This Affect Euro Trackdays?

Post by weeksy »

What is proof of ownership then?
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

weeksy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:28 pm What is proof of ownership then?
A receipt from the person you bought it from.
But how do you prove ownership of your toaster?
Honda Owner
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

weeksy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:26 pm
fil2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:23 pm
weeksy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:16 pm

Do you feel that covers it well ?

So if a lorry is taking 50 bikes, who covers the cost and how much is it based upon that website ?
The overall value of the contents is covered via insurance and its 40% of the overall value....approx. costs between 30 - 60 of course will depend on overall value etc however not anywhere near the £ mentioned in the ACU documentation.. watch the FE clip and it will make a lot of sense from sum1 that's knows rather than us KB warriors !!
Which FE clip?
I've tried to get a link from their website as I know not everyone has FB - but it just goes to "page not found "

So the FB link is -

fil2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:39 pm the one on the FE fb page.
And for those without FB? :D

Guessing I can't see it on their website as I haven't registered?
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:30 pm
How many have bought bikes on eBay or in person without one? Loads I'd guess.

I have both the receipt and v5 for both of mine, but both were dealer bought.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, it just seem complex and potentially unworkable. Of course we'll learn more in time and I'm unlikely to need it until this time next year.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Very informative video. So basically we're at £40 increase in cost per customer, which is far from unreasonable.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

weeksy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:33 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:30 pm
How many have bought bikes on eBay or in person without one? Loads I'd guess.

I have both the receipt and v5 for both of mine, but both were dealer bought.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, it just seem complex and potentially unworkable. Of course we'll learn more in time and I'm unlikely to need it until this time next year.
It's raised some questions on a French FB page I'm on for people who take bikes and/or kit cars back to the uk when they go back for a couple or more weeks holiday. Haven't seen a good/easy answer yet

I was interested outside organised trackday trips as I would probably want to bring a bike back with me when I eventually visit again - but hopefully as it'd be road registered it should be relatively easy? Hopefully?

I've got a lot of musician friends/bands who would normally come out here for a season with all their gear in a van, do the season and go back with all the same gear in a van. They were told last year that it would be difficult as they'd have to pay fees/deposit and have a carnet with every little item on it. With this year being a washout, they have more time to work it out

But none of it seems particularly simple :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

It's not particularly complicated if you're taking one bike abroad to go touring round Europe, which is what most people will be doing when they take a bike abroad,
It gets complicated when you want to take a large number of bikes in a lorry to the EU
The EU, understandably think that you might be importing bikes to the EU and trying to avoid paying import duties, to prevent this there is a scheme where you put 40% of the value of the bike into a bond, when you return the bike to the country of origin you get that 40% back, there are forms to fill out for this, who ever holds the money wants paying for holding it.
I think there are going to be problems with a haulier transporting loads of different peoples bikes, but if someone wants to run trackdays in the EU and transport bikes there, they need to work out how they're going to do it, how ever they do this they will be passing the cost on to the customer and the customer will have to find the money for the bond IF it is required.
Honda Owner
fil2

Post by fil2 »

weeksy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:41 pm Very informative video. So basically we're at £40 increase in cost per customer, which is far from unreasonable.

Yup seems very easy sensible and for those middle class upper management types ! what ever that means ! is a sensible additional cost...however I'm sure there will be many still moaning complaining and asking but what if..how come etc etc....full power to FW for putting that out there.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

fil2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:01 pm
weeksy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:41 pm Very informative video. So basically we're at £40 increase in cost per customer, which is far from unreasonable.

Yup seems very easy sensible and for those middle class upper management types ! what ever that means ! is a sensible additional cost...however I'm sure there will be many still moaning complaining and asking but what if..how come etc etc....full power to FW for putting that out there.
Oh without doubt people will complain, but none of it is down to the TDO.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

What's difference between riding the bike there or putting it in a van?

Or even a big truck?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:06 pm What's difference between riding the bike there or putting it in a van?

Or even a big truck?
I guess the fact if you're riding it there it's harder to be exporting it as you'll need to come back.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:09 pm
Yorick wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:06 pm What's difference between riding the bike there or putting it in a van?

Or even a big truck?
I guess the fact if you're riding it there it's harder to be exporting it as you'll need to come back.
It might affect motorhomes etc who have a bike onboard?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:11 pm
weeksy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:09 pm

Or even a big truck?
It might affect motorhomes etc who have a bike onboard?
Of course, then you'll need to do the paperwork etc and of course pay the price/fees.

Im curious to see if it affects bicycles for example personally. If we take our 3 current bikes to Morzine as a family and use RRP, that's £10,000+ arguably closer to £11,000. So if we had to cover 40% of that value in 'holding' that would be tricky... Of course there will be an insurance as above video, but how easy for the public, i dunno.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Also for the Euro Track day if you chuck a spare set of tyres into the stillage along with oils, brake fluids etc that will all have to be on the carnet but the problems come when the goods on return dont tally with the outgoing stuff as they are consumables and you have used them so are you then liable for technically "exporting" them. I would assume we would have to buy any of that stuff out there and be at the mercy of the TDO or local supplier prices .....dunno, just thinking out loud :wtf:
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

I'm lead to believe - in simple terms : ATA Carnet works out at £6.19 per customer if 40 customers are on the lorry. the insurance is then calculated from the value of the contents, less 40%. So a lorry with a value of contents at £400k minus the 40% amount = £160k and the premium is calculated from that amount So in this case, it's £1260 for the policy divided by 40 customers = £31.50. Obviously if contents are worth more, premium will be more. 👍

But I've had a chat with a mate @ BSB team and they're saying Bo**ocks to it all and we'll test in the UK. Had enough hassle when they went to Daytona.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Visordown: ATA Carnets and track days – how does it affect organised trips to Europe?.
https://www.visordown.com/news/industry ... ips-europe
Yamaha rocket 3
crust

Post by crust »

The biggest issues will be for a group of riders who stick their track bikes in a van to do - for instance - Spa. Then they've got to organise it themselves and pay the costs without being able to split it 40 ways.

The simple way round it used to be stick a number plate and some lights on the bike. Waaay back in the day, my CR500 went as a CX500 ;) my mates Maico sported Yamaha stickers on the tank and XT500 stickers on the sidepanels. All our tools and spares went in another mates car. :)
SSR Suspension

Post by SSR Suspension »

We arent allowed to test in Spain for BSB anyway this year at least so teams do not need to worry about it. It will be interesting to see what happens as I have read all the info that has been put out there, Focussed events post made it sound simple but until one of their trucks goes rolling thru the port or should I say returns thru the port. I think people still don't quite get what the conseqeunces could potentially be should things not quite go according to plan. We know what Europe can be like!
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

I'm sure all bikes will have to pay the same so in effect cheap bike owners will be subsiding the expensive bikes
It seems that whatever listed as going out must come back. Not sure that works with "new tyres" vs used tyres and what about road worthy bike and remains. Finally if anything is missing or was missed off the list then what? Will the whole shipment be delayed?

I'm watching carefully as I have a despoit down for Mugello in August.