What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Skub

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Skub »

slowsider wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:53 pm
Skub wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:07 pm

50mph + winds,snow and a high tide caused some walkers to call me a mad bastard for doing this part of the walk.

Such a buzz. :lol:
That prolly qualifies as a hike :thumbup:
A hike in blood pressure anyway. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
David

Post by David »

Stayed in in front of the fire...was going into aber to fetch some anthracite and post a parcel...but o couldnt stand up for lonng outside. Been very cold for a few days...rain has frozen on the windows and all the slabs. Sure i can get down the track but the road is like a skating rink.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Trying to fix microswitch on car door.

3 hours later, no it's not that then. :(
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

Skub wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:07 pm Image

50mph + winds,snow and a high tide caused some walkers to call me a mad bastard for doing this part of the walk.

Such a buzz. :lol:
Gobbins?
Skub

Post by Skub »

Wossname wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:03 pm

Gobbins?
Close. Blackhead.

You have to pay to get a tour around the Gobbins now and if there's even a sniff of bad weather all is verboten. :roll:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Skub wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:16 pm

Gobbins?
Close. Blackhead.

You have to pay to get a tour around the Gobbins now and if there's even a sniff of bad weather all is verboten. :roll:
Carrick-a-rede ftw :twisted:
Scud

Post by Scud »

I’ve been on Stamford high street with the flower stallbtoday, first Saturday this year.
It’s hard to believe that we are in lockdown, the amount of people out made it a good day for me, sold all 300 valentines bouquets by lunch and came home and as it was bloody freezing once the wind started about 10am.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Swapped out the buggered engine mount on the Accord (10 min job). Dropped by Mojave for a mo (Virgin Galactic 747 parked right next to the fence), then up to Tehachapi to the RR Merlin shop to grab a pair of new Tshirts. They've been busy in the pass putting up new HUGE windmills.
Would post pics, but they're always too bloody big & I can't be arsed to fuck with them.
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

slowsider wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:36 pm
Skub wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:16 pm

Gobbins?
Close. Blackhead.

Carrick-a-rede ftw :twisted:
I grew up 20 miles from there (Cloughmills). In The Olde Days, I went across that when all it was was two bits of rope and a plank, loosely joined together. That WAS scary. You couldn't fall off it now if you tried. H & S gawn maaad.....
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Cleaned the windows of the back of the house in record breaking time. By fook that's cold out there! :shock:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Not had BBQ for a while so lots of cleaning and tidying today. And cleaned the pool as it looks so nice with cover off.
Sometimes I forget how nice our gaff looks.

Pleasant 23c now so a good day to stuff our faces and get blathered :mrgreen:
20210214_124020.jpg
20210214_124020.jpg (851.59 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Had planned to walk a lot further up the mountain this morning, so left earlier than 'normal'. But my arm/shoulder kinda disagreed with the plan. So I walked to a point that I had a good view of the sunrise colours (about half as far as I have been before, and a third as far as I wanted to go!!). Bit of a bummer really but it was nice out. A smidge cool at -10 but that did mean it was dry and fresh, not 'chill to the bones' cold!!

Cooked a lovely 'proper' breakfast :D

Got a lift to collect a food mixer for a friend cos she lives over an hour away (down the mountain, along the valley and up another bit of mountain!!). So that's stashed waiting for us to eventually meet up (also have a cold box of hers and a clothes airer!! LOL)

Got a lovely vin chaud and went and sat in the sunshine reading a book and drinking that.

Now watching rugby and then will cook some fried rice to go with some chicken balls and spring rolls I have in the freezer! Solo valentines, so might as well make some lovely food :D :D

Going to have another go at touring tomorrow - the piste I always used to walk up is flat enough at the moment, so will give that a go. Downside is that they 'remodeled' it in the summer as there should be a new lift going in next year. So it looks like it might be steeper than I remember for a little way. But should be a good challenge. Just going to get up at a relatively normal time and then walk - no attempt to see sunrise tomorrow!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Spent hour upon hour trying to work out my tax code and deductions. The posted paperwork is vastly different from the My Tax page on the HMRC website.

I didn't know they were allowed to forecast - and include it in the code - what one's anticipated savings are for the next year based on the savings income from the previous year?

I also note they are not showing the £1,000 Personal Savings Allowance on the tax code notice.

I guess I'll have to give them a call.

😏
G.P

Post by G.P »

Had a lie in, had a haircut, walked the dogs, went shopping, made Mrs GP Eggs Royal for Breakfast, made No2 son Bacon an waffles for breakfast.
Cleaned kitchen, Peeled spuds, got a slow roasting joint in the oven.
Poured a G&T. surfed RTTL, and its not even 16.00 :)
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Started the day off with walking the pup, got home to the smell of bacon cooking, toast ready, muffins toasting and vinegary water simmering ready for me to poach the eggs. Whole lot (excluding toast which had been consumed by Hugo and I on arrival) was stacked with spinach and slathered with hollandaise ala eggs benedict.

Pottered around, first cleaning my Chopsaw before dumping out the (blunt) multi material blade in favour of an 80T wood blade which leaves an incredibly smooth cut. Did a few reference cuts and it is ever so slightly out of plumb and square which is annoying but solvable with a couple of tweaks. I managed to resurrect the ash can vacuum by clearing the filters and resetting the safety switch (it was last used in anger clearing carpets after a section of ceiling came down...

Final tasks of the day were to prep the dining area for bistro dining with the kids and cook everyone steak & chips so in normal fashion, I sparked up the BBQ for the steaks!

Bless them, they had their hearts set on dining in their new home for Valentine’s night but their feckless solicitor has been constantly blaming the other side for delays while doing fuck all to progress matters. Daughter is sufficiently riled up to give them a pasting tomorrow with fuel being poured on her fire by me, the Mrs, the developer and the boyfriend.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Overslept.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Taipan wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:04 amOverslept.
Woke up early...
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Woke up with a raging cold.
Sore throat, snotty nose, feel like shit.

I think it is actually a cold and not covid, in fact covid would be a total bastard, I've ordered a load of exciting parts for my bike and I'll be extremely pissed off if I die before I've fitted them :x
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Wen5t to bed with a raging cold.
Sore throat, snotty nose, feel like shit.

Feel fine this morning, well fine-ish.

I'm fairly sure it wasn't covid. ;) Nor have I been snogging Iccy. ;)
I do wonder how I can fecking catch anything at the moment though as I don't go within sneezing distance of anyone ...
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Walked dogs, reported suspended dangerous fallen tree across bridleway to Forestry Warden.

This afternoon it's off to see Darth Vader, he's my Dentist, no seriously that's what he's known as in our MTB Club. It would appear one of my root canals has an infection....... This is usually quite painful to wallet and me.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."